Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#247332 - 06/06/07 03:39 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Callier]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
 Originally Posted By: Callier
Well since this is a personals thread, I'm going to take a little advantage.

What's up! Single black Satanic male looking for a single white Satanic female. Not because there aren't any Satanic black females, I just have jungle fever.

These are the requirements:

- must have a big butt. A brotha can't get enough of that ass.
- must shake it fast, watch yourself and show me what you're working with.
- must know how to cook the following foods:

fried chicken
collard greens
macaroni and cheese
yams
bbq ribs and hot links

- must be willing to walk around Compton, Watts and South Central.
- must be willing to go to the liquor store.
- no cuddling after sex. You must get your stank, sweaty ass off of me, walk to the kitchen and make me a sandmich.
- must hustle on the corner.
- must listen to gangsta rap.
- must know how to play dominoes and roll dice.

If you meet any of these requirements, please email me at:
satanicgangstapimp@dmail.com

Come on baby. Let's do this!

HS!

You crack this skinny white Satanic girl up!!!!!!

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#247333 - 06/06/07 03:45 PM Personality Test [Re: G X B]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Florida
How about the use of a personality test, such as the Meyers-Briggs, to help define the individual?

The use of such tests do help define the personality of the individual, and make things a little easier.
While the tests can't fish out ALL of the bullshit, it can certainly thin it out.

The structure of the test involved doesn't necessarily need to be like any of those you may currently find.

Suppose there were a personality test that involved questions that were designed specifically with the Satanist in mind?

How would you feel about that?

Replace "In God We Trust" with "Responsibility to the Responsible."

"Knowledge is long, and life is short, and he who does not know, does not live." -Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

MySpace | The Third Side Conservative | Undercroft

#247338 - 06/06/07 04:12 PM Re: Personality Test [Re: G X B]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:
Suppose there were a personality test that involved questions that were designed specifically with the Satanist in mind?

Like the application for Active Membership?

#247342 - 06/06/07 05:00 PM Re: Personality Test [Re: Zaftig]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Maybe a little more slanted towards pinpointing your type on the clock?

#247404 - 06/07/07 02:10 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: TrojZyr]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
 Quote:
I'd be content to know which Satanists on LttD are single and which are not. Beyond that, I don't need personals. I mistrust personal ads.

It seems to me that this could be accomplished easily enough with an extra field or two in the personal user profile, perhaps named "Marital/Relationship status". (Of course, I've never actually run a webforum so I can't say for sure how easy that would actually be. For all I know it'd be like asking for the elevator in a fifty-story building to be moved twelve lousy inches to one side.)

-Chess

#247430 - 06/07/07 09:40 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Chess]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Precisely! You got it. And maybe extra space in the field to just state pressing preferences, a la "blondes need not apply" or "must be polyamorous," but not enough space to go on and on and on.

From there, I think we know by now who we do and don't like, so I think we can match ourselves.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#247451 - 06/07/07 02:07 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Bill_M]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I second that Bill. To add to this, it sounds as if the assumption is that all or most Satanists prefer to be with other Satanists, which I don't think is true. I like to post on this board here but I don't know any other Satanists that are near by. I am getting married to a wonderful lady in a couple of weeks, she is not a Satanist and I like it that she's not. Most people who encounter us as a couple assume that she is though. Someone else had mentioned on here awhile back that the whole idea that Satanists should be with Satanists is bunk! I think personals are allright too but only devoted to Satanists-nah! I read somewhere that if you are in the market for a mate, go somewhere where people share your interests and hobbies. (not online but in the real world). Go to a different shop or coffee store everyday and pay attention, is there someone there that interests you? If there is keep going back and make yourself known to them. I like to fart around on the computer as much as anyone, but look at it this way, if I am looking to have fun fishing, I am going to go to the lake and experience it in full!

#247458 - 06/07/07 02:42 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: DickSteele]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: DickSteele
To add to this, it sounds as if the assumption is that all or most Satanists prefer to be with other Satanists, which I don't think is true. I like to post on this board here but I don't know any other Satanists that are near by. I am getting married to a wonderful lady in a couple of weeks, she is not a Satanist and I like it that she's not.

I was thinking the same thing. My wife has no real interest in Satanism beyond the fact that she's married to one. I did ask her to read The Satanic Bible, so she would have a reference when I talked about it. She was glad to, said it made a lot of sense, but has no interest beyond that. What is important to me is what interests we may have in common, and what kind of person she is. As with all my other relationships, I need someone who is intelligent enough to engage me in conversation, attractive enough to keep me interested, and likes long walks in the moonlight...wait...that last was a quote from my personal ad.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#247484 - 06/07/07 04:36 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: DickSteele]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
 Quote:
To add to this, it sounds as if the assumption is that all or most Satanists prefer to be with other Satanists, which I don't think is true. I like to post on this board here but I don't know any other Satanists that are near by.

True, just the fact that two people are both Satanists is no guarantee of anything, and there's certainly nothing preventing a great match with a non-Satanist. As with most everything, individuals matter much more than generalized categories.

But if you're on the lookout for a smart, interesting, self-aware person, it'd be reasonable to at least keep your eyes open when interacting with a group of Satanists. I can say for myself that there are one or two ladies on this board who've impressed me greatly and with whom I certainly wouldn't mind sharing at least a dinner-and-conversation date.

A Satanic "meat market" probably wouldn't work, for all the reasons Bill_M pointed out, but I'm liking TrojZyr's suggestion of a simple, unobtrusive way to broadcast "available" vs. "unavailable".

-Chess

#247502 - 06/07/07 08:19 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
Diavolus Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I personally think the dating scene should be left where it belongs. There are many websites with the focus to meet people with particular interests for a possible relationship.

I personally think it is a terrible idea !

I want to keep my eyes on my one true love and that is my personal Satan, Satanism and the beliefs as a whole. I do not want my focus diverted to possibly just one thing, such as looking at personals.

How would I meet my purpose and objectives when my attention is diverted ?

#247523 - 06/07/07 11:30 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
I'm not sure that a personals section for Satanists would do very well, or last long.

Dating sites are not my cup of tea to begin with. It seems as if the criteria is a bit forced, and never truly represents the character of the individual. The mystery of actually reading and getting to know another person from scratch is gone, and initial judgment calls can be subconsciously based on an internet profile.

Having said that, I don't think it would be wise for Satanists to post personal information on a forum, especially about the religion of Satanism. You never know who's out there, or what lunatics, clingy nutcases, or "Satanist" pretenders are lurking around on the internet.

#247640 - 06/08/07 04:46 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: $lesk]
Illuminatus Offline

Loc: Hellsinki, Finland
You're both wrong, she was clearly looking at me!

#247661 - 06/08/07 08:27 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
statementofnine Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Time for me to chime in on this one. I, myself, am also dating someone that isn't a Satanist but is aware of my affiliation and is very cool with it. She is one who agrees with a lot of the philosophy but that's as far as it goes. I don't trust dating sites at all, and yes, I've tried them. They are definitely not for me. I love interacting with people of like mind and this seems to be one of the few venues I feel comfortable doing so. Although, to be perfectly honest, I would love to interact in person with people of like mind but that comes in time. Always willing to grab a micro-brew and talk. Portland area troublemakers and misanthropes....er...Satanists "hit me up". Heh, I've always wanted to use that annoying phrase, now it's done and I'm over it.

HS!

~9

#247663 - 06/08/07 08:32 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
WolfMoon Offline

I say leave the "personals ads" to the herd. I don't quite see the point when we have ways of interacting and meeting one another...like this messageboard.

#247681 - 06/08/07 10:51 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: DickSteele]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Florida
To add to this, it sounds as if the assumption is that all or most Satanists prefer to be with other Satanists, which I don't think is true.

There were no assumptions made except your own.

Someone else had mentioned on here awhile back that the whole idea that Satanists should be with Satanists is bunk!

This is clearly a matter of opinion, so why would you speak of it as though it were fact, simply because someone ELSE says so?

I read somewhere that if you are in the market for a mate, go somewhere where people share your interests and hobbies.

Was that last month's Cosmo?
Not everyone wishes to go hunting, but would like to meet people in person of like interests.

Replace "In God We Trust" with "Responsibility to the Responsible."

"Knowledge is long, and life is short, and he who does not know, does not live." -Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

MySpace | The Third Side Conservative | Undercroft

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12019 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405224 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements