Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#247683 - 06/08/07 10:53 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Diavolus]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Florida
 Originally Posted By: Diavolus
I personally think the dating scene should be left where it belongs. There are many websites with the focus to meet people with particular interests for a possible relationship.

I personally think it is a terrible idea !

I want to keep my eyes on my one true love and that is my personal Satan, Satanism and the beliefs as a whole. I do not want my focus diverted to possibly just one thing, such as looking at personals.

How would I meet my purpose and objectives when my attention is diverted ?

What?

Replace "In God We Trust" with "Responsibility to the Responsible."

"Knowledge is long, and life is short, and he who does not know, does not live." -Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

MySpace | The Third Side Conservative | Undercroft

#247685 - 06/08/07 10:59 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G.F.V.]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: RobMan
I'm not sure that a personals section for Satanists would do very well, or last long.

You may be right about that.

Originally Posted By: RobMan
Dating sites are not my cup of tea to begin with. It seems as if the criteria is a bit forced, and never truly represents the character of the individual. The mystery of actually reading and getting to know another person from scratch is gone, and initial judgment calls can be subconsciously based on an internet profile.

Having said that, I don't think it would be wise for Satanists to post personal information on a forum, especially about the religion of Satanism. You never know who's out there, or what lunatics, clingy nutcases, or "Satanist" pretenders are lurking around on the internet.

It's true there are fruitcakes out there, but that's the real world. If this is the mindset people choose to take, they can lock themselves up in their homes and order pizza every night. No matter how you look at it--online or off--it is STILL the world as it is.
People can be just as deceptive in person, though it is a little more challenging than online.

As far as personal information, limits may be drawn.

"Knowledge is long, and life is short, and he who does not know, does not live." -Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

#247687 - 06/08/07 11:04 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: WolfMoon]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: WolfMoon
I say leave the "personals ads" to the herd. I don't quite see the point when we have ways of interacting and meeting one another...like this messageboard.

This forum serves its own purposes. "Personals" would serve its own as well.
The herd is everywhere, even here, so that's irrelavent.

#247688 - 06/08/07 11:06 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Chess]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
True, just the fact that two people are both Satanists is no guarantee of anything, and there's certainly nothing preventing a great match with a non-Satanist.

This is irrelavent.

Why has this even come up? It wasn't mentioned that Satanists shouldn't or couldn't be with non-Satanists. That isn't the topic.

#247706 - 06/09/07 01:26 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

I suppose if enough people were interested, one method could be to just open a specific forum downstairs, and those interested could post there what they're looking for and let it go via PMs after that. If someone isn't interested, either in an individual or the whole idea, they can skip that forum or thread the way they can skip any other particular forum or thread.

Or it could be a separate area like LttD Photos or the Arcade.

If done in this manner, at least there'd be some level of assurance that the individual is indeed a Satanist, plus you could scope them out a bit through their other posts in the forum to get a broader idea of what they're like, which is an added advantage over regular dating sites.

Time would show how much of a demand there is.

#247717 - 06/09/07 06:10 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
Leave it to the herd. Quite frankly the security issues are the highest concern, and quite frankly would serve to do more damage then good. To go and step into a personals for Satanist only is a waste of time. To continue to say otherwise is to say you don't get the point.

For a Satanist, Security is everything, keeping those whom are Psuedo satanists away. It's like taking the Elite out of The Alien Elite, and an Adult Personals for Satanist would still have insecurities, where as getting to know the person through their posts, talking in private, and actually meeting them is far more secure. What's even more secure is actually the ones that live around you.

Even then it's not a sure thing that the individual is being honest.

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#247845 - 06/10/07 12:15 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
Daigon Offline

Loc: United States
I suppose it could be both good and bad, the good side is that an individual may find a suitable mate without the trial and error of traditional dating. Then again it would be akward if the person you where in contact with was a co-worker or your supervisor. So I suppose it would be a risk either way, but what the hell, I suppose it could be interesting either way. \m/

#247849 - 06/10/07 12:50 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
TheAbysmal Offline

I think personals for Satanists is a good idea. True, personals can be viewed as an introvert's haven from the reality of actually going out there and getting some. Yep, there is always the possibility, even likelihood, of people misrepresenting themselves online. Still, I like the idea for its ability to reduce exposure risk.

I can only imagine that there are untold numbers of Satanists and like-minded people that are looking for a mate that shares his or her values. They may be equally interested in not exposing their affiliations and such on less Satan-friendly sites as Match.com, or sites that attract lots of occultic-crazies such as GothicMatch.com. Having a personals site for the exclusive use of registered members would help reduce this risk of potentially unwanted exposure, much as these forums are viewed a haven in comparison to others (See item 2 of Agent_Noir's stickie in the Introductions Forum for just what I mean.).

As far as personals being an introverts' haven, so be it for the introverts. For the rest of us who are not afraid to go out and get some, why not have a place where you can cast a net while you fish elsewhere?

I eventually met My wife on Match.com, and in the time before and during, I had plenty of fun with women I met on and off the Internet.

Refuse to die.

#247859 - 06/10/07 02:11 AM The upstairs secret : an easy trick for the ladies [Re: TheAbysmal]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Well, they already all do it indirectly at 90%

Easy, how can one smell the single wolves :

1° They never laugh with enthusiam when it's a lady with a pull-over.

2° even if she is the dumbest one ever, but they can even barely see a piece of leg, here you'll read :"Woooooah haha ,you soooooo cracked me up !"

Voilą.

#247866 - 06/10/07 02:35 AM Re: The upstairs secret : an easy trick for the ladies [Re: Assabrah]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
 Quote:
1° They never laugh with enthusiam when it's a lady with a pull-over.

Or a Jeans jacket courtesy of the 'Mirage'

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#248090 - 06/11/07 05:23 PM Re: The upstairs secret : an easy trick for the ladies [Re: gypsy]
Spunkeater7 Offline

gypsy, u r a BABE !!!!

#248172 - 06/12/07 07:01 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: DickSteele]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Hello:

Quote:
To add to this, it sounds as if the assumption is that all or most Satanists prefer to be with other Satanists, which I don't think is true.

I'm not sure I agree. While I accept that Satanists won't only work with other Satanists, there has to be a number of things in common. I've tried dating women of numerous ethical and religious backgrounds and the only ones that have worked have been Satanists or Atheists; this is because a Satanist (at least how I understand the term) has more to do with a personality type as opposed to a choice of what are considered desirable attributes (see the dictum born not made).

The bottom line is that a "religious" person will be one of two things:

1) They've thought about their religion properly and accept the title in response to said thought.
2) They've not thought about their religion and simply chosen the one they think is best.

If the former is true, I'm dealing with someone who will more than likely have a large number of personality differences and I suspect most of them will be irreconcilable.

If the latter is true, it's more likely that you're dealing with an idiot that'll do pretty much what they're told.

No, thanks.

So while I don't think a Satanist will necessarily be best off with another Satanist, it would take someone who is at least very close to being one to share the right type of personality.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#248173 - 06/12/07 07:08 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Shiva]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
 Originally Posted By: Shiva
I think the risk factor is about the same as going to a bar looking to get laid.

I suspect it goes further than that, actually. If you're careful, online Hunting can be safer; you can build up something of a rapport, see if you have anything in common to discuss and then, if still uncomfortable, call the whole thing off without anything to worry about.

Going to a pub, getting drunk and picking up a sexual partner you've never met before doesn't have a get-out clause.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#248175 - 06/12/07 08:12 AM Re: The upstairs secret : an easy trick for the ladies [Re: Spunkeater7]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
 Originally Posted By: Spunkeater7
gypsy, u r a BABE !!!!

You hear that, Gypsy? A person calling him/herself Spunkeater7 thinks you are a babe. Spunkeater7.

That's it! I'm totally in favor of a dating site for Satanists!

Edited by Minus (06/12/07 08:13 AM)
Edit Reason: Spunkeater7? Was Spunkeater 1-6 already taken?

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#248176 - 06/12/07 08:18 AM Re: The upstairs secret : an easy trick for the ladies [Re: Spunkeater7]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Spunkeater7,

I come bearing news from the underworld! Satan, the almighty lord of jean jackets and fine wine, requests your presence in Hell for a party; the likes of which have not been seen since the last party that people had not seen the likes of.

Please BYOS (Bring Your Own Soul).

The purpose of this infernal shin-dig is to solidify your allegience to quality footwear, sparkly gemstones, and the Unholy Lord of Torment and Eternal Waking Nightmares.

When you arrive, please hang your soul neatly on the soul-rack located next to the Adolf Hitler Memorial Anus Stretcher. We will send your spirit out to be dry-cleaned and pressed. Don't worry, you will get it back at the conclusion of the party (or the end of time; whichever comes second).

Lastly, please bring a gift for your gracious host. He enjoys antiques, pork, dead letters, saltwater taffy, and small pointy things with attachments. If you decide to bring a small pointy thing, please do not connect the attachments as this will anger Lord Satan. He is fond of connecting the attachments himself.

Please RSVP by punching yourself in the face until your knuckles crumble...then begin slapping.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12104 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405514 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements