Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#250213 - 06/21/07 02:43 PM Re: For the Record [Re: Neuroticax]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Neuroticax
 Quote:

Yep. I've lived in Illinois, South Carolina and New Jersey. The Christians are everywhere!

Don't forget Texas and Tennessee.

That was my point...religious people are everywhere; thus, negating the need for the term "Bible Belt".

Never been to Texas; but, there are a couple of nights, in Tennessee that I'll never forget. ;\)

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#250216 - 06/21/07 02:51 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

There is only one reason I would not like to go through a Satanist Dating Service...trying to figure out what all those damn abbreviations mean:

SWM seeking SWF. Must follow LHP and be a LS...NOT a member of the FCoS. Interest in S&M a plus. Not really into DP, but am open to PP.

No sir...

#250395 - 06/22/07 02:45 PM Re: For the Record [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Not just the crucifixion stuff, there's the nun and priest fetish scene too.

(yeah, I know we're all adults, I was just being a smart ass.) ;\)

#250397 - 06/22/07 02:50 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Well, at least such a web-based system would not be restricted in the number of characters allowed, hence no acronyms - at least in theory. I never understood why people bother with them on the internet, unless it's sheer laziness.

One could always do what alt.com and a few other sites do - have a big checklist for people to note what they're into as they set up their profile, then have it display as normal words. Saves a lot of headaches and makes the database more easily searchable.

#250398 - 06/22/07 02:53 PM Re: For the Record [Re: Maqlu]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Maqlu
Not just the crucifixion stuff, there's the nun and priest fetish scene too.

(yeah, I know we're all adults, I was just being a smart ass.) ;\)

I guess I just let the cat out of the bag by pointing out the wood thing.

I know that you knew we are all adults. I was just seeing your smart ass, and raising the stakes by being a wise guy, so to speak.

#250403 - 06/22/07 02:59 PM Re: For the Record [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

The temptation to pull a Beavis and Butthead and reply "huh huh - you said wood" is just too - oh, damn it. Too late. \:D

#250544 - 06/23/07 11:14 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
man_mind Offline
Banned

I'm not shocked you had to explain that.

Actually, thanks for making me laugh, even though it wasn't your intention.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#250615 - 06/23/07 05:25 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:
I'm talking about ads for sexual fulfillment, and quite possibly relationships, if one is so inclined to seek out those who share their perspective of this existence.

But... on internet? Where is the Satanic point here ? To do the same as any shy and unsecured one among the mass, because a lack of presence? Lack of charisma among the jungle ? This is something to think about really.

I am really stunned to see that if we were listening everyone, Satanism would become something for every Mr And Mrs Smith of the world.

This is the religion of the flesh, attraction and charisma, passion and presence. All this is among the REAL WORLD.

Edited by Assabrah (06/23/07 05:27 PM)

#251083 - 06/26/07 02:27 AM Re: For the Record [Re: Maqlu]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
I would be for the service all though I would not use it. And on the bible belt thing. I own a tattoo shop in a tiny town with 13 churches. there is actually more seating in the churches than there are people in the town. I have had no problem finding a mate even in these conditions. The only downfall are all the damn cross tattoos I have to do every time some one gets trashed at the beer tent and dies on the way home! If I had a nickel for every time I had to do a memorial tattoo with a cross.....oh.. I charge a whole lot more than a nickel. never mind.

#251100 - 06/26/07 05:42 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Assabrah]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
 Quote:
But... on internet? Where is the Satanic point here ? To do the same as any shy and unsecured one among the mass, because a lack of presence? Lack of charisma among the jungle ?

I'm curious as to how you made the logical connection between a lack of abilities to charm and using the internet to find dates...?

Even if I did enjoy going to many parties and interacting with a lot of people on a personal level in the "real world", the odds I would find somone amongst them that would suit me are very low.

Personals make it a lot easier to know who might suit your taste.

Now that one is able to speak to and see the person he is talking to over the internet, it certainly does take charm to make it work. The internet isn't so anonymous anymore.

To some internet dating service may be useful, to some it might not be useful.
I see no harm in this, and I think dismissing this kind of courtship has more to do with prejudice than with logic.

And anyhow- who gives a damn how this might look to "others"?
Everything one does can be misinterpreted, so what?
as long as it works...

I think people are making too big an issue out of something that shouldn't be such an issue.

Edit:
\:D ~laughing my ass off~
oh, oh my... well, I just must post this for humor's sake.

Edited by The_Lightning (06/26/07 06:21 AM)

#251183 - 06/26/07 03:14 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: The_Lightning]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

I am not talking about a "if it works for some, fine, only the result is important"..

I just see that Satanism is in the real world. I just think that it is sad to see people even confessing that without internet, they would have went on with their religion, absolutely ignoring what was the Satanic Bible.. Bunch of Agnostics and so on..

There is no misinterpreted things here. it just makes me laugh to know that some are able to say "Oh I think I love you" on internet...And this by watching 1 pic and a so called "mighty connection"... That's only my opinion.

Now about the sex subject, well I can understand it, but still do not see the link with a presence, a charisma, which are Satanic traits. Words on the web never replace all this.

Edited by Assabrah (06/26/07 04:15 PM)

#251200 - 06/26/07 04:47 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Assabrah]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
If such a connection does not bring to a meeting in the "real world", then yes- it is silly.
It might be a nice spice to "real world" sexual and romantic activity, but it should not replace it.

And again- since the internet offers one more than pictures and written letters these days, the options are much wider.

As to the issue of Satanism as an "internet-religion" instead of a real-world religion- well, we agree here completely... though I don't see what it has to do with the topic at hand.

#251208 - 06/26/07 05:31 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: The_Lightning]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:
though I don't see what it has to do with the topic at hand.

Yes, I wasn't clear, but this was to avoid the whining from the "diabolical upstairs" \:D

#251292 - 06/27/07 03:11 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: ]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
I do not believe he mentioned the personal ads would have anything to do with the lttd message board any where in his post. \:\/

By the way I did vote bad idea. ;\)

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#251295 - 06/27/07 03:40 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
Focalor Offline

I've used different personal ad websites to find someone to date. I've found that a lot of the women are single mothers. And others, you just shouldn't date. They've managed to get a bad enough reputation in their own circles, so they broaden their horizons and seek their new soon-to-be-Ex from a wider area. Many have had countless failed relationships, not lasting very long. You have to ask yourself, "Why?" It's best to talk for an extended period (at least 2 months) on a regular basis to figure out if the person is serious about themselves and having a real relationship, or they're just blowing smoke up your ass and looking for someone better to leave their current partner for. Be wary, lots of people in this world are dishonest. And like they say, all is fair in love and war.

If there were a "SatanDate" site, I suppose it would be nice. The possibility of finding someone who echos my own philosophies about interpersonal relationships and other things definitely intrigues me. It would have to be heavily policed to keep the nutjobs from wandering on in through the open front gate. And believe me, there's some really REALLY strange birds out there in the world, man! I came across a he/she through my blog who claimed to be the mistress of Satan and to be having the devil's baby. KOO-KOO, KOO-KOO!!!

Edited by DrSeussicide (06/27/07 03:44 AM)

http://focalor.tastyspleen.net

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements