Topic Options
#248023 - 06/11/07 07:12 AM Chronic negativity.
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.

I'm sure you've met this person.

The chronic negatron.

The person you loathe to run into because they usually have some shitty thing that happened to them to tell you about. If it's not some completely avoidable circumstance, then it's some innocuous "medical condition" they have that simply MUST be advertised to EVERYONE they meet.

"Oh really, you're allergic to peanuts? Really? No kidding, what happens when you eat them? You're throat swells up and you can't talk?! How HORRIBLE! Wanna come over for PB and J later?"

You know, the person that has had nothing good happen to them.

The human that wallows in self-made despair. The twerp. The twat. The sleazy little skeezebag that is so miserable that you just want to stuff a lightbulb down his gullet and then smash his throat with an axe handle.

THAT guy.

This is dedicated to THAT guy.

The guy that would complain about the price of gas while going to the store to turn in his 150 million dollar winning lottery ticket.

You know him. You may even be him. Or even someone like him.

Please complain more. Misery loves company, spread it around.

That. Or choke to death on a grape or something and be done with it.

I'm hoping one day that they loosen the laws on assault and battery, so I may walk around with a giant slap-paddle and cheer up some of these whiney pitylings. These people don't even really qualify as psychic vampires, because psychic vampires have success once in a while. But no, they even manage to fuck that up.

Christ and the wedgie were made for people like this.

Too bad that delivering wedgies to chronic worrywarts can lead to lawsuits in this litigious day and age.

Otherwise I'd have a new hobby. I'd even invent a device to give you more leverage in delivering your cheek-dividing underpants attacks. Perhaps even pushing for legislation to mandate public wedgies, purple nurples, noogies, and swirlies for various "crimes of comiseration".

Hell, I'd be willing to bet that the first dozen crack addicts forced to be publicly wedgied, noogied, and dunked into a commode head first would perhaps reconsider purchasing said drug when their face is stained blue from that little toilet cleaning tablet you stick in the tank.

It's not enough to humiliate. You have to demoralise for it to REALLY work.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#248025 - 06/11/07 08:07 AM Re: Chronic negativity. [Re: Felstorm]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

I know many, many people like this. They come in various forms such as relatives, former friends, co-workers, etc.

People like this wouldn't know the Second Rule of the Earth if it came up to bite them in the ass.

They call me negative because I either never talk to them, or lash out at them if they pull any of their crap with me. Maybe they can't accept the fact that I'm actually more realistic in my ways of behavior.

There are many times I'm inches away from saying "if you hate life so much, go throw yourself in front of a bus".

But people like this tend to be dangerous and, not unlike the Psychic Vampire, will take any opportunity they can get to cause damage through physical or emotional harm.

So whenever that person comes lurking around saying "Ohh, poor me, poor me, look at me....." I just nod and say in the most boring, indifferent tone of voice "Mmm hmm, Ahhh, I see. Mmm hmmm."

Dr. LaVey said it best in The Devil's Notebook:
"Nobody likes boredom"

#248030 - 06/11/07 08:30 AM Re: Chronic negativity. [Re: Felstorm]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

I see you've met my maternal grandmother. \:\)

I deal with her by tuning her out - when family politics dictates I must show my face, I take some dumb knitting or crochet project I can pretend to be engrossed in, tune her out as much as possible, and like Robman, occasionally say "uh huh" like I cared.

For some reason she seems to think I like her.

Quote:
"Oh really, you're allergic to peanuts? Really? No kidding, what happens when you eat them? You're throat swells up and you can't talk?! How HORRIBLE! Wanna come over for PB and J later?"

Sounds like a solution to me. Ditto the wedgie plan. \:D

#248036 - 06/11/07 09:26 AM Re: Chronic negativity. [Re: Felstorm]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
I love it "The chronic negatron"

Quote:
....then it's some innocuous "medical condition" they have that simply MUST be advertised to EVERYONE they meet.

Beware of the ones that come equiped with news paper clippings and website addresses, that you MUST see NOW. Never mind if you are busy or just relaxing. \:\/

Yes 'this is a dedicated to the ones I love'

Quote:
It's not enough to humiliate. You have to demoralise for it to REALLY work

Goddamit...been there, done just that! Why do they keep coming back for more?

Suckers! I can dish the humiliation with the best of them. But when I start feeling drained I have NO problem showing the way out...THE FRONT DOOR with my foot up your ass.

Ah, that felt good.

Great dedication ;\)

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#248089 - 06/11/07 03:06 PM Re: Chronic negativity. [Re: Felstorm]
Dantes Offline

Loc: England UK
I dont think wedgies would solve the problem. drowing in a big pile of shit would do the trick, that or throwing bricks at them, or maybe good old fashion, line them up and shoot them, or maybe something with rusty spoons...

Edited by Dantes (06/11/07 03:29 PM)

#248114 - 06/11/07 06:01 PM Re: Chronic negativity. [Re: Felstorm]
TheAbysmal Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Felstorm,

I am curious. Who do you loathe more: the Chronic Negativitors or the Overactive Apathetics? You know... the type of people that "just don't care" sooo much, it's all they care to talk about?

Oh, I cannot stand these people, who are so indifferent about something that they must beat My ears about it for literally dozens of minutes sometimes. Like I actually care or something.

I wonder what happens when you put the two together in a locked room. They might somehow feed each other perpetually, like a cat with toast strapped to its back, buttered side up... hovering hopelessly inches above the ground, the cats legs and buttered side of the toast both vying to hit pavement first.

#248124 - 06/11/07 08:07 PM Re: Chronic negativity. [Re: Felstorm]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
 Quote:
The sleazy little skeezebag that is so miserable that you just want to stuff a lightbulb down his gullet and then smash his throat with an axe handle.

Yes! I love this line.

I can relate to your disgust.

#248125 - 06/11/07 08:16 PM Re: Chronic negativity. [Re: TheAbysmal]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
 Quote:
I am curious. Who do you loathe more: the Chronic Negativitors or the Overactive Apathetics? You know... the type of people that "just don't care" sooo much, it's all they care to talk about?

I completely hate these bland no-doers. There is nothing more unnerving than trying to converse with someone who is passionate about nothing. I would better enjoy spending time with myself.

#248215 - 06/12/07 11:55 AM Re: Chronic negativity. [Re: Felstorm]
JJTheWickedWitch Offline

Loc: Midwest USt
Ugh. You said it. Tedious talking to those people.
They need to be told to smile once in a while. Enjoy life, and if you don't enjoy life, DON'T TELL ME EVERY DETAIL OF IT. If your life sucks, then your life story probably does too. Who would want to listen to something so miserable???

#248217 - 06/12/07 12:22 PM Re: Chronic negativity. [Re: JJTheWickedWitch]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: JJTheWickedWitch
Who would want to listen to something so miserable???

Oprah!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#248301 - 06/12/07 07:16 PM Re: Chronic negativity. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
Have you ever listened to two of them talk together?

They play depression olympics. Its a sick and twisted version two dogs fighting for dominance. Any medical condition/criminal act against one, will have happened to the other one or their family members. They say it as though they are bragging.

Every medical condition runs in their family and they're self-diognosed bipolar, and can't do anything in life because they have social anxiety and panic disorder! An excuse for everything.

#248525 - 06/13/07 09:26 PM Re: Chronic negativity. [Re: tovasshi]
Hawkface Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Albuquerque, NM
Exactly! Or if you happen to mention something adverse that happened to you, they always one up you! If you have a hangnail, they lost a finger. If you have a headache, they have a brain tumor. People like that make me sick! They are attention starved pity addicts who deserve your complete and utter indifference.

#248563 - 06/14/07 02:00 AM Re: Chronic negativity. [Re: Hawkface]
Sicarius Offline
Banned

Loc: California
ooooooo, the two worry worts together always makes me cringe.

Would you consider these people in the psychic vampire catagory, in a sort of way?

formally known as JohnCerberus

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints... Sinners have much more fun...

Forum Stats
13256 Members
73 Forums
44494 Topics
407577 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold