Topic Options
#250407 - 06/22/07 03:15 PM Oddball post thing
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Just noticed a couple of times lately that I will see in the list of posts for a given forum that it will list a "last post by..." and when I click on that thread's title it will take me to that post, but it won't be on the thread post/reply list, like it's there but it doesn't show up as being there, if that makes sense.

I just noticed it in the Books and Magazines forum in the thread about the Spanish Satanic Bible, where skelet0's response to Herr_Slesk isn't displaying on the list but it shows up as posted on 06/21/07 but it's not on the list.

I've noticed a couple other incidences in the last week or so, thought I might as well mention it.

#255551 - 07/12/07 04:22 PM Re: Oddball post thing [Re: Maqlu]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

This just happened to me.

I made this reply to a thread, but it's not showing up in the list of replies there. In fact, it's showing up as the last post made in the CoS Questions forum.
Prevention of Virtue

#255556 - 07/12/07 04:29 PM Re: Oddball post thing [Re: LKRice]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Sheesh, I am glad you noted that, I thought I was losing my cotton picking mind.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#255559 - 07/12/07 04:50 PM Re: Oddball post thing [Re: gypsy]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

I used the "quick quote" function when I made the reply, so I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it?
Prevention of Virtue

#255562 - 07/12/07 05:00 PM Re: Oddball post thing [Re: LKRice]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

I have seen it happen before in fact yesterday euol noted that one of the threads in General Satanism was showing up in the Humor forum. I saw it there too! I actually thought it had been moved there for obvious reasons.

But it mysteriously returned to its original forum.

Church of Satan

#255565 - 07/12/07 05:05 PM Re: Oddball post thing [Re: gypsy]
Happy Birthday Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
I've noticed this for some time now. Here is where I pointed this out to a new user. I haven't seen this happen since then until Priestess LKRice made her post that "jumped" forums.
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#255570 - 07/12/07 05:25 PM Re: Oddball post thing [Re: Danny Mc.]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Church of Satan

#255575 - 07/12/07 05:46 PM Re: Oddball post thing [Re: gypsy]
Happy Birthday Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
Crazy bugs!
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#257975 - 07/19/07 05:58 PM Re: Oddball post thing [Re: LKRice]
toad Offline

CoS Member

Loc: texas
 Originally Posted By: LKRice
I used the "quick quote" function when I made the reply, so I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it?

Yes, I just had one happen to me in the members forum from when I did a "quick quote".
Toad

I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

#258064 - 07/20/07 12:26 AM Re: Oddball post thing [Re: LKRice]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Yeap. Seems to happen with Quick Quote and Quick Reply, because for whatever reason, that function doesn't tell it what post the new post is in response to, so it sorta just "floats". Shows up in flat mode because it's in the thread still, and those are in chronological order, but because of it not being "attached" to another post, threaded won't display it.

My guess is it's a software bug.

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406364 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements