Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#250690 - 06/24/07 03:06 AM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: TheNaturalForce]
AztecRed Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
 Originally Posted By: HoundDog
I wonder what were to happen should religion be abolished both publicly and privately in the United States.

People would just find something else to argue, bicker, and discriminate over. Like football teams or American Idol contestants.

#250691 - 06/24/07 03:08 AM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Neuroticax Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
 Originally Posted By: HoundDog
I wonder what were to happen should religion be abolished both publicly and privately in the United States.

Mass chaos.

- Art is born of the observation and investigation of nature. - Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)

- The answer to 1984 is 1776.

(`._)Neuroticax(`._)

#250749 - 06/24/07 11:43 AM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: Neuroticax]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
You can't abolish religion, any more than you can abolish sex drive.

Religion is hardwired into us on various levels. You can't and won't stop people from asking or wondering about big questions, wanting to join something bigger than themselves, disliking members of an out-group, wanting to escape death, and having brain events that make them feel as though they are experiencing a god. If you suppress or kill spiritual religions, people will just turn politics, or sports, or, yes, American Idol into a religion.

The key is to mould and shape religion so that it takes as benign a form as possible, and can be held accountable.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#250845 - 06/24/07 09:07 PM Re: "Christian Love" at its Finest [Re: Virus9]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Topic locked. Gravedug, and is no longer even vaguely timely.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12085 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405445 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements