Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#253205 - 07/03/07 09:30 AM Re: On Church Membership [Re: Nemo]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Thank you, Nemo. I have already stated, both on the board, how much I have enjoyed your knowledge and wisdom. Consider your next book pre-ordered.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#253233 - 07/03/07 11:50 AM Re: On Church Membership [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Incubus Offline

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Thanks for having a look at my portfolio! Again, congratulations.
"The might of aithêr chases it into the sea, sea spits it out onto solid ground, earth spits it up into rays of the radiant sun and sun hurls it into the whirlpools of aithêr. One receives it from another, then another from another, and they all hate it. This is the way that I too am now going, an exile from the gods and a wanderer, placing my trust in mad Strife."

-Empedocles (c.490 - 430 BCE)

#253279 - 07/03/07 03:22 PM Re: On Church Membership [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Lust Offline

Congratulations on your decision, roho_the_rooster!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#253281 - 07/03/07 03:30 PM Re: On Church Membership [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
 Originally Posted By: roho_the_rooster
Thank you, Nemo.

[nudges and whispers]

Magister Nemo!

\:D
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#253282 - 07/03/07 03:31 PM Re: On Church Membership [Re: Lust]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you, Tier Instict. I see, on reading from the link you provide, that you are also fortunate enough to be living with your best friend. It's great, isn't it?

Though I grew up in SC, I have often confessed that NC may be the most beautiful state I have visited. Do you find time to explore the wonderful mountains there?

Edited by roho_the_rooster (07/03/07 03:31 PM)

#253294 - 07/03/07 04:08 PM Re: On Church Membership [Re: D. Macabre]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he recently said he has no problem with people referring to him as just Nemo.

#253298 - 07/03/07 04:28 PM Re: On Church Membership [Re: Mr Sam]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Mr Sam
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he recently said he has no problem with people referring to him as just Nemo.

You may be correct. Magister Nemo would have to clarify.

I personally feel that unless you hold a higher title than the aformentioned person or they tell you not to refer to them by a given title then you respect the title and the person and address them accordingly. I know this isn't the Military, but that's a hard mindset to break.
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#253300 - 07/03/07 04:33 PM Re: On Church Membership [Re: D. Macabre]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
It's all about respect! ;\)
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#253303 - 07/03/07 04:59 PM Re: On Church Membership [Re: D. Macabre]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

To tell you the truth...The few times I have directly addressed Magister Nemo, I have felt like the Scarecrow addressing the Wizard of Oz. When I read his posts, I heard this loud, booming, authoritative voice. I have no problem showing him respect.

#253305 - 07/03/07 05:06 PM Re: On Church Membership [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

To tell you the truth...The few times I have directly addressed Magister Nemo, I have felt like the Scarecrow addressing the Wizard of Oz. When I read his posts, I heard this loud, booming, authoritative voice. I have no problem showing him respect.

I never questioned if you could/could not show respect. I was simply reminding you he was a Magister. I have seen several perspective members ignore the titles of Priesthood members or just not notice them. I've no issues with you, so do not take it personal.
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

#253347 - 07/03/07 09:25 PM Re: On Church Membership [Re: D. Macabre]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

D. Mogg...I didn't take your post in a negative way; nor do I assume you have issues with me. \:\) I take your comment as someone who is a church member trying to help a prospective member start on the right foot. It's pretty much like telling me my fly is open. I appreciate it.

#253364 - 07/03/07 10:54 PM Re: On Church Membership [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Thanks - you'll be glad to hear I presently have about five paintings in progress.

I'll be glad to post when they're done. (Of course there will just be another five after that and so on.)

\:D

#253371 - 07/03/07 11:11 PM Re: On Church Membership [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

D. Mogg...I didn't take your post in a negative way; nor do I assume you have issues with me. \:\) I take your comment as someone who is a church member trying to help a prospective member start on the right foot. It's pretty much like telling me my fly is open. I appreciate it.

I like you more and more each day. You're rational and intelligent, two wonderful qualities that I (not the CoS, I don't speak for the CoS, this is NOT an official statement) feel all CoS members should have.
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

#253419 - 07/04/07 09:03 AM Re: On Church Membership [Re: Minus]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Minus
 Quote:
Metaphor is just another word for LIES.

That is why I never get caught in a lie. I get caught in a metaphor.

Easier to get out of...

Many on this board try to be funny, but you Minus are in the top one percent for funny. You never fail to amuse.

Roho, I am sure you will be a most welcome addition to the collection of Demons already gathered. I await your downstairs intro to welcome you properly.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#253437 - 07/04/07 11:22 AM Re: On Church Membership [Re: dragondancer]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you, Dragondancer. I have always enjoyed your posts up here. I can only assume I am in for treat later.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43642 Topics
404168 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements