Topic Options
#228788 - 03/17/07 09:45 PM Motivations for CoS Membership
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
I have urge to join CoS merely for the membership card and access to The Basement... what is the CoS' opinion of this?

#228789 - 03/17/07 10:42 PM Re: Motivations for CoS Membership [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
You may want to be a bit more motivated than that to join, otherwise, don't bother. The Church of Satan is not THIS nor is it about any other messageboard or about obtaining a red card. If you enjoy the forums here, that's great, however, don't think that this is anything other than what it is, a forum frequented by members of the COS and run by COS members. It is NOT the Church of Satan!
Regards!
HS!

Edited by Magister_Lang (03/18/07 03:59 PM)
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#228790 - 03/18/07 07:38 AM Re: Motivations for CoS Membership [Re: Magister_Lang]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Understood. Thank you for answering my question.

#253788 - 07/05/07 11:41 PM Re: Motivations for CoS Membership [Re: Magister_Lang]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Magister_Lang
You may want to be a bit more motivated than that to join

Membership has its benefits.

This much I have learned about membership.

The benefits?

Grottos.

More social interaction with others of the Satanic Perspective.

This board is the only 'place' I have ever encountered overt Satanists, though I know some individuals that fit the description.

So, if my motivation to join the Church of Satan were simply access to the Basement and the prospect of Grotto participation, would my application be rejected?

EDIT: Oh, and the Satanic record label looks very interesting to me as well.

Edited by HoundDog (07/05/07 11:43 PM)

#253789 - 07/05/07 11:47 PM Re: Motivations for CoS Membership [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: HoundDog

So, if my motivation to join the Church of Satan were simply access to the Basement and the prospect of Grotto participation, would my application be rejected?

Maybe. Maybe not. Your entire application is considered. I will say this:

Ask not what membership can do for you, rather, ask what you can do for the membership. ;\)

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#253790 - 07/05/07 11:49 PM Re: Motivations for CoS Membership [Re: Phineas]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Heh. Thank you for the quick response.

EDIT: As for my own contribution to Satanism, it is still in development.

Edited by HoundDog (07/05/07 11:51 PM)

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406071 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements