Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#253880 - 07/06/07 01:22 PM Re: Spiders? [Re: gypsy]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Gypsy...I don't think the question of what a spider search is was actually answered. If it was, I was too creeped out by all the spider pics to go through the posts again. I asked someone who is the administrator of a web site. Spider searches are programs that search engines, such as Yahoo and Google use to randomly search through web sites, collecting search words. For instance, The Church of Satan web site is on the top of the list when the word "Satanism" is used. But, you will notice that there are hundreds of thousands, if not more, hits for many words we enter. The spiders collect many key words from the sites they search. So, if I use the word "frank", like I just did, the 1,234,987,098th hit, when entering "frank" may just be this post. Either that, or they really are invading arachnids!

Edited by roho_the_rooster (07/06/07 01:25 PM)
Edit Reason: Arachnophobia!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#253886 - 07/06/07 02:43 PM Re: Spiders? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Thank you roho, \:\)

What ever it was that was happening that morning has not occurred again as far as I know. At least I havenís seen it.

I understand what a 'spider search' is, however the reason I brought it up is I have been using this board for over 6 years and have never seen the numbers change so drastically and frequently. So I thought I should mention it to Magister Ventrue.

Oh well, At best my inquiry provided a few laughs. ;\)

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
43875 Topics
405557 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements