Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#25389 - 02/09/04 06:57 AM No One Is To Blame
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
There has a been a little thing floating around in the news here in England over the last couple of weeks.

It is with regards to "young people" going on holiday to Ibiza (the so called club capital of Europe) where this conveyor belt of herdlings go for a couple of weeks each year to enjoy, en masse, such leisure pursuits as dancing in sweaty nightspots to crap music, pissing into hotel swimming pools from their 13th floor balconies, brawling, rolling around the streets in a mindless drunken haze exposing their genitals with shouts such as "whey heeey" and telling the locals to "speak English you Spanish bastards."

Now this recent report claims that the average reveller will have sex with 6 different partners in the space of 2 weeks.
A "worrying" statistic from a health point of view, apparently.

The spokeswoman on my radio said:

"the authorities have to do more to protect the health of its citizens."

Well, what about people taking responsibility for their own actions?

The truth is of course, that amongst the herdlings, considering the consequences of one's own actions has always been pretty low on the agenda.

And this is just one example of the stupid being protected from the results of their own idiocy.

But never before in history have the terminally stupid seen so much condonation of their destructive behaviour.

It is necessary, in the natural order of things, for a percentage of the populace to see themselves off, but that is now becoming defunct as more safety nets are stretched out beneath the idiots every day.

So where on earth has this notion that the most burdensome elements of society should be bolstered at the expense of everyone else?

Where has this idea that no one is to blame anymore come from?

I think that the source of such doctrines must be eliminated in order to halt the march of the underachievers and society can move forwards in a more solvent direction.

#25390 - 02/09/04 07:13 AM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
It's a Christian concept oh great Mullah_Uvray. You know the "we love everybody and want to save them all" mentality.
Problems arise when the natural population controls are circumvented.Let's see what they do with the overflow?
Dark greetings
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#25391 - 02/09/04 07:34 AM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

The thing is, Mr. DarkMaster, we are seeing a marked decline in Christianity's adherents, and with that a less Christian influenced system.

However, it seems that lack of religious structure in the mass consciousness appears to be leaving a void which they need to fill.

It is increasingly evident that this void is being filled with political correctness. It is the new religion; the new good guy badge for bleeding heart liberals.

#25392 - 02/09/04 07:58 AM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

I don't think its come from any one source or ideology. The "blameless society" has gradually evolved proportional to the level of comfort that the society has developed. People in the western world no longer have to constantly be on their guard and keep their wits about them just to survive. This isn't in itself a bad thing. Life for the sole reason of just surviving isn't really much fun and that fact was one of the biggest drives in humans domesticating themselves. Unfortunately, the downside of comfort is that people's laziness has the chance to shine like a newly deposited dog turd on the pavement. Put in a survival situation, laziness is directly proportional to death so most lazy people will rise to the challenge of at least saving their own arse. Once the daily threat of death is eased, people's true character shows through. As long as there are dominant schools of thought of unrestrained compassion there will always be people who exploit the lack of personal responsibility that these schools of thought engender.

It's the nasty side effect of civilisation. A side effect that we are finally in a position as a species to stamp out. Now all that is needed is the will of enough rightminded people to force the lazy back into survival mode again. The first step towards this, in my opinion, would be to reduce welfare to the level of "social insurrance". I think a minimum welfare safetynet is an essential part of society, but that welfare should only be available for the "high wire acts" who are actually out there being productive. Sometimes, no matter how successful you are, external events can lead you into an unemployed position. These are the sort of people who deserve to benefit from financial support from the rest of society as they are the sort who will soon enough get back on their feet. Forcing the lazy welfare bums to take action will only really happen if the threat of starvation is looming. Anything else will be just enough to keep them surviving. Most of these people are actually content to live on the breadline. Nothing wrong with that, as long as they're doing it out of their own pockets. Responsibility should be forced.

As for the Ibiza phenomenon specifically, its simply an extention of "friday night out on the town". I'm happy that so many of these people are slaves to the weekend. Keeps them in their own cage.

#25393 - 02/09/04 08:09 AM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

Political correctness is a vile symptom of modern times. This condition does, however, have an even more vile and regressive side-effect. There is a growing reactionary response to political correctness that is people throwing themselves back into the pit of misogyny and active intollerance to the circumstantials such as race, religious origin and disability. Political correctness is giving the bigots a golden opportunity to once again be very vocal about their narrowminded beliefs, but this time they get to appear as champions of common sense amongst a sea of ridiculous PC regulations.

I really don't know which is worse, Political Correctness or the loathesome bigots from the far side of the fence that it keeps in business.

#25394 - 02/09/04 08:19 AM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Wile_E_Quixote]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

I often think, Mr. Celeriac, that there is a surreptitious reverse psychology being put into effect.

The symptoms you speak of could very well be the reaction they wish to engineer in the first place. They cannot be seen to actively be inducing such a process, so they do it with more subtle methods of population control. Thus, they eventually gain the credit of acting bravely in favour of a tide of public opinion, rather than being seen as reactionaries.

#25395 - 02/09/04 09:44 AM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
ochsenschaedel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nürnberg, Germany
I couldn't agree with you more. Although Ibiza is, as I'm sure you know, not the only place such idiocy takes place.
Athough one can spot these "safety nets for idiots" going up all over the world, I have noticed that the situation here in Canada is fairly extreme from my European perspective.
One of my pet peeves here has become PAL insurance.
PAL stands for Party Alcohol Liability.
basically it means this: If I have a party of any sort, (in my case it was my wedding) I have to insure myself against fully grown humans who attend my little event, get hopelessly loaded and then go and hurt themselves or somebody else. Where I come from, if one is stupid enough to drink too much and then cause any sort of trouble, they are responsible for themselves.
Here it's a different story. Here one is rewarded gigantic settlements by a court for being as stupid as humanly possible. Just think of all the lawsuits that have been filed and won.
The lady that burned her crotch with hot coffee at McD's drive through.
The psycho that tried to Dry her cat in the microwave.
The moron that turned on the cruise control in his RV doing 60mph, and then got up and made himself a sandwich. He didn't realise that you had to remain and in the drivers seat.
All received fat settlements in or out of court.
Personally I think they should be tied to a stake like back in the 10th century and subjected to public ridicule.
But that might be just me....
Then again, without them we would have less to laugh at. No?

HS!
Markus

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. " ...Friedrich Nietzsche

#25396 - 02/09/04 10:04 AM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: ochsenschaedel]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

It makes my blood boil, Mr. Ochsenschaedel.

We have all those law suits and such happening here. Getting themselves pissed as rats, falling down someone's stairs and suing the host.

Yes, one has to learn to laugh at the antics of these wankers.

Excuse my language. I do not normally swear.

#25397 - 02/09/04 10:09 AM Fishers of Men [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Citizen_Parker Offline
CoS Member

This certainly is a frustrating downward spiral that humanity seems to be gunning for. No one wants to owe up to their own actions. Heard mentality? Fitting in? Great, they think! All the less likely they'd get singled out and have to stand on their own feet.

Quote:

So where on earth has this notion that the most burdensome elements of society should be bolstered at the expense of everyone else?

I'd say that these net-casters want societal insurance. They want to create the illusion in their world that things are safe, that they might fall but others would show compassion and hold their hand.

Quote:

Those who don't want to take responsibility for themselves (but currently are, to some low extent) will "sympathize" with those who are actively screwing up their lives. If they support others who are failing, and so create the mentality in the world that helping such poor worms is admirable, they are free to fail themselves without fear of having to face reality.

Pathetic, no?

Parker

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#25398 - 02/09/04 10:20 AM Remove the nets.... [Re: Citizen_Parker]
Anonymous
Unregistered

....and the weak shall fall away and die. Sounds like a plan to me.

There was a shirt with a slogan that reads "Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead". I believe this holds true in all cases.

Hail!!

~DWK~

#25399 - 02/09/04 10:43 AM Re: Remove the nets....
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

"Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead".

Powerful and beautiful. Does anyone know where this came from?

#25400 - 02/09/04 10:52 AM Trample the weak [Re: Caesar]
Perndog Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA

#25401 - 02/09/04 10:54 AM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

Yes, that's what I was meaning, but I don't think this reverse psychology is engineered by the bigots. I don't think they're bright enough or organised enough to subtly control the PC public like that. I think its just opportunism based on the glee that they must feel when their enemies repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot.

Ultimately the fault lies in the idealistic far-left nitwits who developed and propagated the phenomenon in the first place.

#25402 - 02/09/04 11:35 AM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
I truly hate christianity but you could be right sir. The herd needs a "shepard" because they are too stupid to find their way to the other side of the well.
That void should be filled with intellect and logic yet it seems that few have the maturity to make the leap from religion to freedom. I believe the fools are afraid to be free.
Oh well there's still diseases and such to do the stupid ones.
you can't outlaw those yet.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#25403 - 02/09/04 01:38 PM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
pippin Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Sweden
I think it depends on that the herdlings, as you call them, have been relieved from feeling guilt. Back in the old days fear and social control kept the mob in place. Nowadays they are more or less allowed to roam free.

This plus the fact that they do not have to take responsibility for their own actions. Society takes care of that by taking over the guilt they should have felt. Therefor society is always to blame. The offenders are merely victims. In fact, everyone is a victim (except perhaps those who have the audacity to take responsibility for their own lives and actually succeed in life without help). Victimization is society's new control mechanism, made possible by the welfare state. Without it the welfare state would wither away and die. Society don't want that.

The roots of civilization are decaying. I prefer a guilt-ridden herdling to one that one can't act like a responsible individual and take the consequences for his own actions. At least then there is guilt to control the individual and make sure the mistake does not happen again.

#25404 - 02/09/04 01:59 PM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: ochsenschaedel]
Vladimir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Croatia
I would presume that this situation is driven by the greed of lawyers in a legal system that is based on precedence, not legislation, as in continental Europe. Not to say that the continental system is brilliant. Here, for example, for legitimate injuries, even loss of life, the compensation is not more than several tens of thousands of Euros.

Then again, you could be a politician, and have some journalist publicly insult you...

Cheers!
HS!

Vladimir

#25405 - 02/09/04 06:36 PM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I think that the source of such doctrines must be eliminated in order to halt the march of the underachievers and society can move forwards in a more solvent direction.

The phrase "bleeding heart libertarians" comes to mind here and although I couldn't pinpoint any particular doctrine the christian practice of pity (esp. as described by Nietzsche in "The Antichrist") seems to be at hand.

I've seen a similar kind of situation in Australia. This being whereby as once children were taught road saftey along with there ABC's and 123's, it is now given to adults to be wary of stray irresponsible children running across roads in suburban areas and schools etc.

#25406 - 02/09/04 09:05 PM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
calgarysatanic Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Calgary Alberta Canada
Good evening,

It is ironic that the so called intelligent and civilized countries are doing all they can to counteract the life effort of Mr. Charles Darwin.

#25407 - 02/10/04 12:13 AM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Wile_E_Quixote]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Luke. However! The fact of the matter stands - these people may be stupid, but when their comfort is taken away it leaves them only with two options: Become productive citizens, or lash out at those who are!

The only feasible solution is to force them into labor camps! Those who do not cooperate will be fed to the dogs!

#25408 - 02/10/04 02:36 AM Re: No One Is To Blame
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

That would make an excellent political slogan.

"Welfare or pet food?"

#25409 - 02/10/04 12:45 PM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: ochsenschaedel]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>conveyor belt of herdlings go for a couple of weeks each
>year to enjoy, en masse, such leisure pursuits as dancing
>in sweaty nightspots to crap music, pissing into hotel
>swimming pools from their 13th floor balconies, brawling,
>rolling around the streets in a mindless drunken haze
>exposing their genitals with shouts such as "whey heeey"
>and telling the locals to "speak English you Spanish
>bastards." [Mullah_UVRAY]

I hate to say this but...that sounds like a typical Friday night at just about any college here in the U.S.

>Just think of all the lawsuits that have been filed and
>won. The lady that burned her crotch with hot coffee at
>McD's drive through. [ochsenschaedel]

Yes, Stella Liebeck always seems to be brought up as an example of irresponsibility that gets rewarded. But in truth her case is actually a poor example. Not to say that the phenomenon doesn't exist, of course.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#25410 - 02/10/04 01:08 PM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I actually see this as one of the many manifestations of the cultural "pendulum swings" that occur. In previous times, people were held responsible for things that even weren't their fault, and had to bear greater burdens. Once upon a time, 8-year-olds had to work in factories, and battered women were to blame for provoking their husbands. If Timmy smarted off, he got beaten with a switch back behind the barn.

So, the pendulum has now swung the complete other way, and now nobody is held accountable for anything.

Once upon a time, actors parodied black people while wearing black face, there were Jim Crow laws, "Japs" were sent to internment camps lickety split, Jews were to blame for society's ills, and everyone used all manner of ethnic slurs without blinking. The pendulum swings, and we get the big fluffy monster, Political Correctness.

If you look closely, you will notice that various pendulums swing back and forth in our society. Contrast the beliefs of the Silent Generation with that of the Boomers, and contrast that with the attitudes of the Millenials. (I am not sure what to think of Gen X. They seem to resemble the Boomers more.)

The question is, will equilibrium ever be reached, or is the pendulum cycle inevitable?

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#25411 - 02/10/04 01:14 PM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: TrojZyr]
ochsenschaedel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nürnberg, Germany
The pendulum effect of which you speak will only cease if mankind in general begins to learn from past mistakes.
A nice thought, but sadly only very few choose to not make mistakes twice.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. " ...Friedrich Nietzsche

#25412 - 02/10/04 01:19 PM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: ochsenschaedel]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Precisely.

The pendulum cycle results from people not realizing that there was once a time before when the pendulum swung this way or that, and that subsequent extreme reactions and additional swings did nothing to remedy or permanently fix the situation.

It's why it's so laughable that fundies and nattering nannies want to clean up society and live in fear of Janet's jumblies--if their social model was to be implemented totally, within a few years, the pendulum would swing back, and you'd have people fucking each other in the streets like crazy, or suffering from OCD from a lack of being able to do so. Extremes are met with extremes.

The Chinese celebrate the Winter Solstice during the Summer Solstice and vice versa, because yang pulls yin around and yin likewise causes yang to cycle.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#25413 - 02/10/04 05:58 PM Re: No One Is To Blame [Re: TrojZyr]
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's a good point. It seems to be swinging in the other direction these days. Also the people always party at night so as to not get caught.
well, sounds like a dandy feast to me.
Whatever works is my motto.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12024 Members
73 Forums
43832 Topics
405254 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements