Topic Options
#206616 - 12/06/06 10:50 PM Action Adventure Comics on the Web!
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
I am glad to announce that I have taken steps to make a life dream a reality! When I was in school I used to draw comics for high school students and pass them around. Now, I am pleased to announce that Action Adventure comics is on the Web!

I have published a MySpace, a Web Comic, and a Comic Space for the company. I plan to go into full production after tax season and I plan to have my first novel ready by the end of the year. I am running this whole operation by myself, so patience is required.

There is some information available in the blog on both my personal page and the business page pertaining to my goals for the upcoming year. I am planning to make the best of this and I plan to make it my life's work. I would love to work out of the home doing something I love and this is definitely my chance to do so!

#206617 - 01/04/07 12:00 AM Re: Action Adventure Comics on the Web! [Re: Mr_47]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

I would also like to add that there is an official .com for the company. http://actionadventurecomics.com

#206618 - 01/12/07 07:04 AM The first 5 pages of Draven are up! [Re: Mr_47]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

The first five pages of my webcomic are now up. These are from before I took my hiatus to improve my realism, but I liked how they turned out all the same. They can be viewed HERE.

#206619 - 02/03/07 02:39 AM Webcomics Nation account gone Premium!!! [Re: Mr_47]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Greetings!

I want to take the time to announce that my Webcomics Nation account, where I host Draven: The Vampire Chronicle, has been upgraded to premium!

So what does this mean? Numerous things for myself as far as control goes. For you, the advertisements have been removed, I have total control over what is placed on my site and I will now be able to offer a marketplace of sorts to those who have been following my progress!!

So to those who support me, thank you. I do this not only for myself, but for those who enjoy what it is I do. I truly am living the Dream that is Action Adventure Comics!

So be on the look out for a tremendous amount of change, I have to get familiar with the benefits and new features, but I assure you I am going to turn this around and share the splendor with all of you!

#206620 - 02/03/07 01:36 PM Re: Action Adventure Comics on the Web! [Re: Mr_47]
existential Offline

I am glad to hear that you are finally making your dream a reality. I love comics and see them for the art form that they really are. The smell of a brand new comic, the texture of the pages between my fingers tips(especially the older comics), and making sure to slide them into the clear acid-free slipcovers with the solid white backing boards inside for support, with tender loving care. As not to damage them in anyway.

Comic books have given me hours of enjoyment. Eternal return.

Keep up the good work, xDravenx!

HS!

#206621 - 02/15/07 01:17 PM Chapter 1 Finale! - Service Update [Re: Mr_47]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

I am pleased to announce that the finale to chapter 1 of Draven: The Vampire Chronicle is up!!! You can read it HERE.

This is the last week that I am hosting the comic for free. The remaining nine chapters will be by subscription only. Subscriptions will be available in monthly or annual installments of $5 and $50 respectively. Funds raised from subscriptions and art sales will be used to further fund the webcomic and to also cover publishing costs of Draven: The Vampire Chronicle upon it's completion. Let's face it folks, you can't get an ice cream cone or a comic book for a nickel these days.

Of course, when the book is put to hard copy, I will be working on a sales system where I can offer discounts to those of CoS/ToV persuasion.

So swing on by and check it out and be sure to sign up for subscriptions so you don't miss any action. You can sign up for subscription service HERE.

Check it out!

#256134 - 07/14/07 04:20 AM Public Service Announcement [Re: Mr_47]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

There will be no new pages for Draven this week. The reason being that the update schedule for my current project Draven: The Vampire Chronicle will be changing from weekly to bi-weekly updates.

I am changing the updates because I have been working to improve the quality of the artwork that goes into the project and it has become more time consuming. I am really pleased with how it is turning out thusfar. However, work that used to take one week now takes two.

For your viewing pleasure, I have provided some samples of the upcoming frames HERE.

In the meantime, keep checking out what's there now. The story is really getting good. WCN appears to be down at the moment, but it should be back shortly.

I also want to take the time to thank all who are following this project. My hits are ever increasing and the series has really gained a good audience! Thank you all.

This has been a Public Service Announcement brought to you in part by Action Adventure Comics.

#256341 - 07/15/07 01:40 AM Re: Chapter 1 Finale! - Service Update [Re: Mr_47]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

There will be no new pages for Draven this week. The reason being that the update schedule for my current project Draven: The Vampire Chronicle will be changing from weekly to bi-weekly updates.

I am changing the updates because I have been working to improve the quality of the artwork that goes into the project and it has become more time consuming. I am really pleased with how it is turning out thusfar. However, work that used to take one week now takes two.

For your viewing pleasure, I have provided some samples of the upcoming frames HERE.

In the meantime, keep checking out what's there now. The story is really getting good. WCN appears to be down at the moment, but it should be back shortly.

I also want to take the time to thank all who are following this project. My hits are ever increasing and the series has really gained a good audience! Thank you all.

This has been a Public Service Announcement brought to you in part by Action Adventure Comics.

#258835 - 07/23/07 07:51 AM Finally! [Re: Mr_47]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

After two weeks of grueling work, I have produced six brand spanking new pages for Draven: The Vampire Chronicle!!! You can check them out HERE!!!!

In the early pages, I used an aura effect on some of the characters, but nyxed it in later pages. I like it, but it's not something I'd use on a regular basis.

In this week's set, Detective Sipley meets Draven face to face!

Also, next week Action Adventure Comics will be relocating to Illinois. So there is a possibility of delay in new updates. But when I get settled and back online, I promise to have some spiffy new pages for you!

*Note: I noticed I never followed up on a previous post here in G.A. about subscriptions. Draven is FREE to read. I never went through with the subscriptions.

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements