Topic Options
#256882 - 07/17/07 02:04 AM A question of Motives
Dormant Offline

Not yours, mine. It would seem I have a great attraction to magic; I always have. However, I wonder exactly what this church represents. I seek magic for power. If I was a fictional character, I would be the mage, floating a few feet above ground, electrifying hundreds from the lightning bolts that extended my fingers; Obviously unrealistic. Still I wonder how far the rabbit hole goes.

I see from some of the reading that this is really about yourself, which is great for me. The lesser magic here is manipulation of others through words, appearance, or tools. Well that works for me as well because I already have the ability to control others with my words.. {wish it was my good looks... Damn..missed out on that one} How that works for me: Basically I can present anything in a logical way that makes people do what I want; A wonderful skill to have.

I guess my question is: If my motive is simply to better my "magic" abilities to be as powerful as I possibly can, do I really belong in this church. Selfish, I know but, unfortunately, thatís the way I am and I just seek conformation that Iím in a place where I can gain knowledge about what I seek.

Thanks for any responses.

#256938 - 07/17/07 08:47 AM Re: A question of Motives [Re: Dormant]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

The first step is to post a proper introduction, as is required by the rules governing this board.

After all, you wouldn't barge into some stranger's dwelling and start posing questions without at least identifying yourself and letting them know who you are, now would you?

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#257202 - 07/17/07 08:10 PM Re: A question of Motives [Re: Phineas]
Dormant Offline

I am not usually a rude person. I admit I am kind of new to forum chat of any kind and am not used to treating such as a personís home or dwelling. I do apologize for that.

Dormant

#257281 - 07/17/07 11:19 PM Re: A question of Motives [Re: Dormant]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Whether you should be a member of the Church of Satan and whether you are able to expand your power, as you call it, are not necessarily the same thing.

Membership in the COS is a very personal thing, and different persons will have their own reasons to join. Membership is not required in order to be a Satanist or practice Satanic Magic.

Learning more of the magical aspects does not require membership. It requires study and practice.

If you haven't done so, go here: http://www.churchofsatan.com Explore everything there. Reading and understanding The Satanic Bible is a must. Do all this first, and you will begin to understand what needs to happen. You should be able to develop other questions and post them here.

But before you do that, do spend some time looking at the forums. Often you will find the question you are about to ask has already been explored in these forums.

Onward then; you have quite a bit of work to do!

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43872 Topics
405545 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements