Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#25789 - 02/15/04 09:20 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Citizen_Squish]
Happy Birthday Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Maybe and if so, he did a good job. But none the less it was very strange. I don't know how he would have gotten someone to get on that frequency. That frequency was not a fill which means it was open to any listener. Also if he did have someone on a busy training frequency someone higher up would have caught it.

Maybe he was or maybe he wasn't. I looked up some stuff on it and I found some info but not enough to fully explain it.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#25790 - 02/15/04 10:50 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Insurgent]
WvlfBlitzkrieg Offline

Loc: Dallas,Tx
OH yeah...my bass amp as well as one of my synths pick up radio when they are shutting down...but there is much more to it as far as EVP goes..the strongest evidence or data comes when you get a temperature change,EMF spike,or even video of an orb at the same time as the recording.Its also fun when you ask a question and you get an answer on playback....but you have given me an idea to try an record radio interference and run a spectrum analysis

#25791 - 02/16/04 01:27 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Regarding life-after-death: I can't say I know the answer, but I can say that I, and most undoubtely anyone else in this world, will not find out until, well, after death. To me, it is a waste of time to "unlock" the secrets of life-after-death when we have so much time to enjoy life and, I would assume, an infinitum to enjoy the latter.

Regarding "ghosts" and the paranormal: I have no formal experience and limited knowledge on the subject, so all I can give is a biased, insignificant opinion floating from the bowls of my ignorant brain. Considering how many people study this subject, and how many of those people believe ghosts exist, I have to logically conclude that it is indeed very possible.

Keep up the good work! Good luck!

#25792 - 02/16/04 04:37 AM Re: "not find out until after death"
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
But how shall we define death?

Heart beat stops? We have hundreds of thousands of people who have had their hearts stopped and are back from that "death".

Brain wave cessation?

We have had people who have flatlined on EEG and returned from that "death" also.

Flatlined for at least five, or ten or fifteen minutes?

But we have had people, usually children, who have been underwater for close to an hour who have come back from that "death" too.

Cremated or turned to dust.

Not yet but maybe soon.

My point is that we have a huge number of people walking around who by different measures were declared "dead" and have come back.

What's worse a good percentage report similar experiences!

Yee Gads! Quick kill them again before this becomes a problem!

#25793 - 02/16/04 06:16 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Roxxxadelic]
Skyla Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

I personally don't believe in the 'super-natural', but that may be because my definition of the 'natural' is quite broad, being 'anything that occurrs within our universe'.

Thx! That's exactly what I tried to say in my first paragraph.

Quote:

Beliefe in the supernatural gives you nothing.

To just believe in something is the same as to not know something. In my opinion its foolish to believe in (for example) ghosts, if you never see one in your whole life, just because you want to believe in ghosts. That's like someone says that he or she believes anywhere in Australia a man is screaming at the moment, if he or she doesn't really hear the scream of the man. But it's foolish too if you say, its impossible that in Australia a man is screaming at the moment, just because you don't hear a scream yet. I never saw anything I would call a ghost untill now, but I had some other experiences I can't really explain for myself. Therefore I think it's not impossible that ghosts exists too, but I'm not sure about this and I'm personal not really interested in ghosts, thats for me like thinking about if someone screams in Australia. Sure, it's possible but it's not important for me to know.

Quote:

Doing the extra work, like WvlfBlitzkrieg...

Oh... I had forget to say: If someone has personal experiences or for any other reasons a special interest in the topic, it's a good thing to do so. I hope WvlfBlitzkrieg will find, what she is looking for.

#25794 - 02/16/04 06:49 AM Re: "not find out until after death" [Re: Nemo]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
++Yee Gads! Quick kill them again before this becomes a problem!++

"It's a trick! Get an axe." ~ Ash "Army of Darkness"

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#25795 - 02/16/04 07:53 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

To me, it is a waste of time to "unlock" the secrets of life-after-death when we have so much time to enjoy life and, I would assume, an infinitum to enjoy the latter.

There are some secrets "unlocked" by enjoying life.

#25796 - 02/16/04 12:38 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Roxxxadelic]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Matter is the material from which we are made.

Energy is the power we use to do things.

Experiences are the information helping us to interact with our environment.

ADN is a biological memory which contains the biological experiences humans have had throughout it's existence. It's size means only that it is effective at storing many biological information, like computer memory which can contains many books.

Books are memory of the life of humans.

The problem with ghosts it's we don't know if they are made of matter, if they use any energy and if they use any information.

I'm inclined to affirm that they use information because they are able to reproduce human sounds. They are also able to move things, so they must use some sort of energy.

If I did a research on ghosts, I'd probably be more interested in their interactions with humans and the context of their apparitions. And I would measure biological metrics on a human when a paranormal phenomenom would occur.

#25797 - 02/16/04 12:52 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a question. A bass amp has no demodulator. How it can pick up radio emissions modulated at high frequencies and demodulates them to have intelligible sounds?

#25798 - 02/16/04 02:58 PM Re: "not find out until after death" [Re: Nemo]
Anonymous
Unregistered

To add to that, I just recently read some articles regarding zombies in Africa. Scientists have deduced that this "witchcraft" was merely diluted poison from the puffer fish. A witchdoctor would give the poison to the victim, he would "die"( have no pulse, no brain activity, nothing ), and be then buried. The witchdoctor would then dig him up at the right time, being just before the victim ran out of air, and woke him up conviently with a voodoo magic.

#25799 - 02/16/04 03:00 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Caesar]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't understand. Perhaps you can elaborate on the 'secrets' of life-after-death that can be unlocked by enjoying life?

#25800 - 02/16/04 04:45 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal
DancingintheDark Offline

Quote:

Energy is the power we use to do things.

Technically speaking, energy is the numerical rating we give to the state of a physical system. Power is the rate of transformation or transferral of energy. For example watt = joules per second.

We know that energy is equivalent to matter (E=mc2), and considering some of the odder experiences I have had, I have seen strange things happen with both electricity/light and solid objects. If it were the case that these incidents were caused by "ghosts", one thing is for sure... they can manifest or affect in either form with ease! However, I view consciousness itself as a form of energy, as I strongly feel it has an as yet unexplained ability to affect objective reality under certain conditions. If this were true, much if not all so called paranormal phenomena would be explainable.

#25801 - 02/16/04 05:39 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal
Roxxxadelic Offline

Loc: Seattle
If ghosts are in fact made of energy or matter, then they will likely follow the physical laws that govern energy and matter, such as the law of conservation of energy, laws pertaining to momentum, movement, energy transfer and so on.
We should therefore be able to build tools to measure them in a reproducable fashion.

If ghosts exist outside the realms of energy and matter, but can have a reproducable effect on energy or matter, we should be able to measure those effects in a reproducable fashion.

If ghosts exist purely in the realm of information, then they should be governed by the laws pertaining to that realm. Unfortunately, information theory is still somewhat in its infancy, and we don't have a good idea of those laws.

Additionally, we don't have a good idea of how information and the physical world interact, as that puts us in the realm of quantum entanglement, psychology, and so on. We are just developing the tools to measure these things, so we've still a bit to go.

What we really need is a 'law of conservation of information', that states that information itself can niether be created or destroyed, but simply moves within eleven dimensional space. If we had that, then we have a law stating that the information that makes up 'us' can never go away.

#25802 - 02/16/04 07:27 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another idea regarding paranormality and the brain. I'm fairly sure this would fall under the catagory of "above normal": A starfish has a nervous system, but not brain. It moves, feels, touches, etc., yet has no brain to recieve these patterns. Can anyone explain this for me?

#25803 - 02/16/04 08:26 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

There is not much I could tell you that you wouldn't be able to find out on your own, which is the only real way you could ever know.

Secrets are just that for a reason, and once you yourself know them, understand why they are so.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404445 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements