Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#25743 - 02/12/04 02:05 AM Satanism/Paranormal
WvlfBlitzkrieg Offline

Loc: Dallas,Tx
OK....i've been a Satanist,a non-joiner,for awhile..over the past 3 years I have been doing paranormal investigations on a scientific level...no mediums or psychics here,...I have ran across alot of evidence on a scientific level that leads me to believe there may be life after death to some..everything from pics to video to EMF meter spikes and audio recordings..the audio is the most suprising...the human voice cannot speak under 120db...but i've picked up pure english at far beyond that...anyway...i have a question to other Satanist that do not have this proof or Data(or do)....what is your opinion or your idea on the general Satanic opinion on "ghosts" and life after death?...surely I never want death...and I'm sure planning on life after or being a "ghost" is too hit or miss to plan on....but whats some of you folks opinions?

#25744 - 02/12/04 02:53 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
First I congratulate you on your efforts to validate and verify these kinds of strange phenomena.

Second, I will gently advise you that there are varied opinions on this topic amongst Satanists.

I would urge you to ignore opinion and continue to seek validation. Should you become a Church member you should know that there is an entire forum devoted to this subject below these lines here. Furthermore there is at least one formal study group of which I am aware with similar interests.

I would suggest you would do well to not argue with staunch skeptics as this only further polarizes the opinions expressed. Instead continue to explore and discover what you can about this amazing thing we call "reality".

My own opinions are hardly fit for those who have not already walked several miles along the same path of investigation and personal study and I am not here to cause rancor nor needless (and pointless) debate.

I will say this. The greatest mysteries in our world are wrapped up with what is called the "paranormal" but any honest investigation of all the facts available decries the paranormal as being anything other than the normal!

It is just that what is normal is far weirder than most people have the slightest inkling!

Good luck on your efforts!

#25745 - 02/12/04 03:00 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Bumbly3 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Midlands UK
All I will say is this. I agree whole heartedly with Nemo's post.

#25746 - 02/12/04 04:57 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
I wholeheartedly agree with Nemos post.
I am as big a sceptic as you could imagine, but Ive come across things I couldnt explain.
One question, for you, for everyone that likes to make this assumption.:
Assuming 'ghosts' exist, what makes you think they are 'the spirits of the dead'?
We know very little aboutr our universe on a relative scale, they could be anything. Extra dimensional life forms, Some sort of non carbon based life. Ripples in timespace. Some sort of other weird timespace phenomenon. <insert theory here>
'The spirits of the dead' seems to me to be less plausible than any of these.

Edited by Dan_Dread (02/12/04 04:57 AM)
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#25747 - 02/12/04 06:05 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
It is indeed a difficult area to examine. Even more difficult to formulate theories.

My own thoughts regarding the problem of validating something such as an afterlife are that whilst we ourselves are in this particular realm which we call reality, there is the distinct possibility that it is our own psyches which bio-electrically generate the very phenomenon which we are seeking to study. I believe it really could be that simple fact that it is our own thought forms coming to fruition.

It is certainly evident that in many areas of reality the willful direction of our energy can have a direct effect externally.
This may also be the case in your area of study.

This is just an idea which I personally seriously consider a possibility.

#25749 - 02/12/04 05:42 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Roxxxadelic Offline

Loc: Seattle
Be sure not to correct for Occam's (or Ockham's) Razor..."The simplest explanation is usually correct".

Recordings, video images and so forth are usually recorded using electronic devices, which are notorious for picking up interferance from stray radio signals, both video and audio.

If you find something odd? Do everything you can to prove it's not something supernatural.

Shield your equipment. Use non-electronic means to measure, and cross reference with your results with your electronic equipment.

Attempt to hypothesize simple provable explanations for your observations and then test those hypotheses.

Be a Skeptic...and if your observations survive all that, well, then you have something there.

Observations of paranormal can come from a lot of sources beyond the truely paranormal...including:
* Stray radio energy from your local broadcast station
* Ionispheric reflections from distant radio stations.
* Emotional hope for something 'after death' altering ones perceptions.
* Hoaxes, practical jokes.
* Odd acoustic condiction from a different area

#25750 - 02/12/04 07:27 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I am the type that always seeks out scientific answers to anything and everything. That does not mean I haven't seen things I've been unable to answer. So when it comes to such things like ghosts and a cosmic energy force I'm like a ajar door. Easily closed but slightly open enough to let strong proof through. Not believing but still doubting.

I do however support those who investigate and research the paranormal. I feel the more they discover or not discover the more we know and understand the cosmos.

Keep up the good fight.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#25751 - 02/12/04 10:37 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Roxxxadelic]
WvlfBlitzkrieg Offline

OH yeah..being a skeptic was one of the 1st things i learned..the best evidence comes from multiple positive data at the same time..I do practice extreme skeptisism over everything..its the best way to be.: )

#25752 - 02/12/04 11:50 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
SeeTheDark Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Somewhere...
Interesting topic.
I agree with Nemo's post.
To add to it, I would like to mention that science can, and has been disproven. What has been considered solid evidence is, in itself, a measureable quantity as defined by rules and regulations based on various hypothesis and data. For example, many people in the past believed that the world was flat, and that the earth was the center of the universe. Modern science has disproved such things, but "modern science" may also one day be disproven itself.
Essentially, a lot of it is dependent on exactly what you "want" to believe. Sometimes other forces get involved.
Do what works for you, but I would recommend keeping that skeptical attitude, it's something which is not only a dangerous weapon, but also a valuable asset.

Test Everything, Believe Nothing.
http://www.vampiretemple.com

#25753 - 02/13/04 12:18 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Dan_Dread]
WvlfBlitzkrieg Offline

oh i agree..there are many different possible theories and such..and thats part of what drives me on to further investigate the paranormal.Its true that we know very little about the universe.So this being my time to live it's very important to seek answers as best as I can..i may not have another chance.

#25754 - 02/13/04 12:36 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Nemo]
WvlfBlitzkrieg Offline

I totally agree,no reason to debate in most situations..i know what i know from my own studies.No reason to defend ideas or theories that surely are nowhere near complete: )

and very good point on paranormal actual being normal(more or less)besides,if it wasn't "normal" would it even happen at all?

thanks for the insight

#25755 - 02/13/04 06:26 AM A pleasure [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
to share.

#25756 - 02/13/04 12:50 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: ]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

The truth is in your experiences.

That is a rule I live by.

#25757 - 02/13/04 02:20 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Caesar]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Quote:

The truth is in your experiences.

That would mean that every subjective and personal experience is the truth.

Is that really the case?

When you take LSD and experience something, would you go so far to declare what you experienc as the truth?

Just curious.

#25758 - 02/13/04 02:37 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
I realize this post wasn't directed at me but if I may I will say that I have been considering exactly that question. Is everything we experience, including so called hallucinations,real, if only to ourselves? Are the creations of our own minds real or are they simply chemical reactions to a certain substance or imbalance of brain chemicals?
If they are just hallucinations caused by chemicals then what is the true test of "reality"?
These are some questions I have been considering lately.
The nature of reality and everything. I have begun reading some of Professor Stephen Hawkings lectures and I must say that they are very interesting and thought provoking.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12106 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405520 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements