Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#25759 - 02/13/04 03:11 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I do believe there is some sort of life after death. Perhaps it is that after death, a person's thoughts and energy continue to reverberate like the ripples in a pond when the stone has fallen. Perhaps they may even exist on a level where the person is still conscious and willful of their actions after the physical body has expired.

Honestly, I don't know what to attribute the strange occurences of paranormal activity that have been recorded throughout history, but I think it highly possible that some of those who claim to bear witness to such happenings aren't just BSing to get people to look their way.

#25760 - 02/13/04 06:32 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
Blackheart Offline
CoS Member

Loc: England
I read something recently which suggested that everyone has a different perception of reality because our sensory organs are actually unique to us. For example, people have different favourite colours because every individual actually perceives colour in a different way.

So if this is true, who is to say what "experiences" are true, if everyone's experience is completely unique to them?

#25761 - 02/13/04 09:45 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
This is a topic that usually runs around instinct. I believe that most magic and spirits rest on an astral realm. The astral realm is what the material realm lays on. That explains why magic can interact with spirits, they are stacked like a two-story house. I trust my instincts and try to hon them by practicing mind readings and such. If you work on it hard enough, you should be able to get in tune with your instincts and natural surroundings, even those that can't be "felt" by your usual senses. This might sound like a bunch of bullshit, and I won't deny that it might be. I am quite recent in attempting to do this sort of study, so it might just be my mind playing tricks on me. But when I told a kid at school his general situation with his life, stuff that I shouldn't know, it seemed to scare the crap out of him. It's also a part of just telling people what they want to know, and reading their body language. Body language picks up on that sixth sense just as much as it does on the other five. I dunno though, just my opinion. PM for more if you want, I got a neat theory, but I don't like typing it out unless I have to, I hate wasting my time.

#25762 - 02/14/04 12:06 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
I haven't done any hard scientific pursuits of "paranormal" phenomenon. Not with scopes and meters and cameras or anything on that level. I've been kind of drawn to places that are supposedly haunted. I find out about a house or something that has a reputation for supernormal activity, I usually make a point to go and poke around and see what it's all about.

Most of the time it's nothing but an old house that's run down.

But there is a local warehouse that I toured one summer night. It was rather run down, but well-lit inside, it had sodium lights that were on all the time inside. It used to be an old grain elevator and feed factory. Several men lost their lives in the place, usually from a several story fall from the upper levels. Locally it is merely known as "The Factory". It burned down back in the 80's when fertiliser stored within caught fire, and a fireman was burned alive inside the building. I shouldn't say "burned down" because the superstructure of the building is still intact. After the fire, the place was refurbished, and another man died when he fell down a newly constructed stairway. One of the new stairs broke under his feet, and he landed directly on top of his head. Dead instantly.

My late night foray into this building had some rather interesting experiences. Within a few minutes of entering the building with two of my companions, one an atheist, the other a "Christian" but I use that term loosely. My atheist friend wandered off to take a leak around a corner, the Christian and I both definately heard a moaning/screaming sound, like that of a woman being raped. A kind of noise that raises the hair on the back of your neck. We both "heard" the noise, and when my atheist friend returned, we questioned him as to whether or not he heard it. He didn't, so we blew it off as "active imaginations".

We wandered down to the far end of this building which would fit two football fields inside easily. We took the stairs up a level to some old gangplanks and what used to be a trolley system for hauling around grain/fertiliser. We walked around and not much of note happened. We took the last set of stairs up to the top "level" which consisted of mere a bunch of boards attached to the ceiling by rebar supports. We walked from one end of the building idly conversing, talking of past exploits and adventures. And then it got really cold, really fast. Cold enough for us to visibly see our breath, this was in August and it had been 90 degrees that day. We decided to leave after this, and made our way for the exit as hastily as possible, once on the ground floor it was warm once again, and as we got half way to the exit all three of us heard a very audible scream/wail. That's when we started running to the door. All three of us heard it, that much is for certain. What it was I don't know. That's my only "ghost" kind of experience.

I have seen other strange phenomenon. One was from a man I learned some Tai Chi from. I'm not sure how he did it, but he could hold his hand about five inches away from your skin and you would feel a tingling or burning sensation. He claimed that it was a direct application of "Chi" energy. I've yet to explain that one as well.

From all that I can tell there very well may be an afterlife, but I have no empirical proof of this, so I'm not going to wager on it being there. I still remain very skeptical of people touting telepathy or telekinesis, tarot readers, and daily horoscopes. 90% is horsepucky. It's the other 10% that keeps me fascinated.

Edited by Felstorm (02/14/04 12:08 AM)

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#25763 - 02/14/04 04:29 AM 10% [Re: Felstorm]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Yes. That can make all the difference.

#25764 - 02/14/04 05:35 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

Loc: Teh 518
I'm based in a similar place as you, but I don't go for the whole mind reading thing.

The only "psychic" ability I know to be 100% true is remote veiwing. The government uses it, people can be trained to do it. I'm learning. The astral plane very well COULD just be a huge trick of my mind. We don't know enough about the human brain yet to know that for sure, and won't know 100% untill we die. Untill it's either proven that the brain can cause you to astrally project, and see things from literally a completely different perspective, even look at yourself, or untill I die, I'll subscribe to the theory that it's real.

#25765 - 02/14/04 06:40 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Felstorm]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I have seen other strange phenomenon. One was from a man I learned some Tai Chi from. I'm not sure how he did it, but he could hold his hand about five inches away from your skin and you would feel a tingling or burning sensation. He claimed that it was a direct application of "Chi" energy. I've yet to explain that one as well.

I've experienced that tingling before too, only with me it was with an indigenous friend who called it something that translates roughly to 'spirit energy'. It was eerie in all the things he shared with me of his culture in that they somehow correlate with the Eleven rules of the Earth.

One instance being of a time when we'd been fishing and I'd thrown a dead fish back into the water and all the birds on the shore started squawking really loudly. A coincidence perhaps although he said it was because I'd killed something and hadn't eaten it.

I tend now towards thinking of his understanding as being more in tune with nature than our western way of thinking.

#25766 - 02/14/04 08:32 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal
RobertE Offline

Loc: Michigan
Quote:

Quote:

I've experienced that tingling before too, only with me it was with an indigenous friend who called it something that translates roughly to 'spirit energy'. It was eerie in all the things he shared with me of his culture in that they somehow correlate with the Eleven rules of the Earth.

I had a similar experience with a christian pastor. They (xian pastors) refer to it as being "slain in the spirit". They believe they're a conduit for the Holy Ghost to pass from their bodies into whomever they "lay hands upon". I had watched such things on Benny Hinn (and other) shows before and had always wondered what it was really like to be on the receiving end.

The time came for me, to be "slayed", the pastor asked if I had prayed and been washed clean (said yes, of course), he then anointed my head with myrh (I think) then mumbled some mumbo jumbo (tongues) and laid hands upon my head and shoulders.

Instantly it felt like my entire body from the neck down had "fallen asleep" (pins and needles). I lost control of my body and had to be caught and laid down. The tingling seemed to travel in waves down my body, always stopping or starting at my neck. This went on for a good 5 minutes, then slowly faded away.

Despite all the body tingling, chanting and prayers, I didn't win the lottery, family members didn't get better. So much for the holy ghost

Although it didn't prove to me the existence of a higher deity, it truly showed me that someone with intense focus and intent can do some fairly interesting things with nothing but the energy of their mind. For someone going into it as skeptical as I was, it was quite the experience.

I would be fairly interested in seeing some sort of MIR/CAT scans of a pastor's body during the whole process, and seeing the same scans of a church member as the hands are laid upon them.

Hell, I'd even volunteer to do it again, the tingling felt pretty cool.
There is no Hank. You are Karl. Make your own list as you see fit. Eat as many wieners as you want, any way you want, even with a large group of consenting individuals if you want! Take pride in your wiener-eating. Make up large, elaborate ceremonies revolving around the kissing of your own ass, having them photographed and videotaped by the media if possible.

#25767 - 02/14/04 10:16 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Blackheart]
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

Loc: Teh 518
I understand what you're trying to say, but I think what was being conveyed there had more to do with the way the brain percieves green, and less to do with alternative planes of existance.

#25768 - 02/14/04 10:40 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

When you take LSD and experience something, would you go so far to declare what you experienc as the truth?

That is an extreme example, but even still, you would believe the experiences in question to be true enough to act upon them until you experienced otherwise, at which time you would know those experiences weren't true (if in fact they weren't).

"Objective" and "subjective" are terms we made to interpret reality as we know it, not as it actually is.

#25769 - 02/14/04 10:49 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Caesar]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

That is completely wrong. It is the doubt of your experiances and those that filter through that shows truth. You simply can't assume everything you experiance to be truth. Just like it says in the SB, you gotta doubt the things around you, and what is knocked out by doubt is most likely true.

#25770 - 02/14/04 11:48 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Yes, doubt is an essential tool, to be used at all times when experiencing anything (especially in regards to things previously beyond one's present experiences).

At the heart of the matter is perspective, which shapes and colors the world you experience. Like someone who wears "rose colored glasses", thinking that everyone in this world generally has good intentions. Unless too stupid and stubborn to realize otherwise (and many of these there are), their experience proves to them this is not true, and the lens of their "glasses" changes its hue. This is called the school of hard knocks.

If you don't learn from your experiences, you will wish you had.

If you don't know what you know from experience, then what better way do you know of obtaining the "truth"?

#25771 - 02/14/04 12:15 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Caesar]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Experiance, I think, is much like the dreaded God word. It can meaning everything and nothing at the same time. It can cover something that it can't, and in its basic meaning, it can mean anything. But from my definition of experiance, which is anything you learn through doing an action, there are other ways to learn. You can learn from others mistakes, books, and occassionally trust-worthy TV shows (The history channel is awesome). And sometimes you should just know what the right thing to do is. It's always better to do it the right way the first time through, not learn from mistakes made. You can only make so many mistakes before you wind up paying big time for one of them, and that would be the biggest mistake of all.

#25772 - 02/14/04 06:41 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Anonymous
Unregistered

My thoughts on this. It's cool to read your taking a purely scientific approach to this and not just faith. I have done somethings and have read ghosts stories in the newspaper. Especially of a hotel that has become popular because of ghosts there.
My feelings on ghosts. I'm not superstitious and I don't believe in a soul. And I am skeptical about alot of things. As it should be. I do, however give creedence to the idea of ghosts. Not an actual afterlife other than that of a ghost dwelling on the earth. This is how I would explain ghosts to people who would inquire of me. Not a definately. Only simply a theory which I in no whay hold as a definate truth. Noone who loves life truly wants to die. Anton LaVey relates death to a veil in the Satanic Bible. If a person loves life enough and opposes death as if he knew he might live just a little longer than he won't die. I try to explain ghosts from a purely Satanic veiwpoint. I view the ghost as a shadow or echo (or the actual person who didn't die but just left his body behind?). I don't belive it's the person's soul. Then again I could be wrong. There It doesn't matter much to me.
These are my thoughts.

#25773 - 02/14/04 10:11 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal
WvlfBlitzkrieg Offline

Loc: Dallas,Tx
Yeah,I dont see them as "spirits" either.My personal idea is that of energy.Seeing how we do have energy,even of an electric nature,within our bodies.Scientist have proven through the years that energy only changes shape.So what happens to our bodily energy when we die?

Thats my personal idea..and what i work on investigating on a scientific level.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406023 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements