Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#25774 - 02/15/04 03:01 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Roxxxadelic Offline

Loc: Seattle
Quote:

Scientist have proven through the years that energy only changes shape.So what happens to our bodily energy when we die?

A number of things can happen. Some of the energy within us is released as heat into the environment, as our body cools to the level of the environment.

The electrical energy utilized by our nervous system is typically converted into heat or chemical activity in the form of neurotransmitters.
The electrical energy in our body comes from a release of chemical energy.

When we die, a lot of the potential energy stored in our bodies in the form of chemical bonds is either released as heat via breakdown, or it's metabolized by various organisms as we are consumed.

Ok, that's a rather clinical view on what happens to us.

Personally, I suspect energy has little to do with who or what we are, beyond being the 'fuel' that makes us go. Of more interest to me is the more difficult to define quality of "complexity"...sort of the inverse of "Entropy".

Take a look at DNA, for instance. It's a collection of atoms, with a bit of binding energy holding them together. There's far more potential energy in a teaspoon of gasoline than in 48 strands of DNA, yet the complexity or pattern of the DNA has the potential to create a human being, who has the potential to do things far beyond the power of a teaspoon of gasoline.

So what happens to the 'complexity' and 'patterns' that make up a human when one dies? I don't know, our science hasen't evolved enough to describe that, altough chaos theory and other work are attempting to make progress in that direction.

#25775 - 02/15/04 03:27 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Roxxxadelic]
WvlfBlitzkrieg Offline

Loc: Dallas,Tx
Very good points indeed..interesting facts on the clinical side of things.I've actually been quite interested in that.Thanks for the info

#25776 - 02/15/04 03:46 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Roxxxadelic]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you ever heard a ghost? Scientific explanations fail very short for those who have had such experiences. Ghosts can talk to us and act differently depending on our attitude. But it requires a lot of energy to communicate with them. You have to work, but like a child, discovering the world. Then you might have better experiences with ghosts!

#25777 - 02/15/04 04:15 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Felstorm]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ghosts are external entities which we don't control. Their nature it's a mystery. Psychic powers like telepathy are underdeveloped faculties each of us probably have.

#25778 - 02/15/04 05:52 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
That sounds close to my own findings. We are basicaly beings of energy. Our bodies and brains are run by energy, I have a theory that after the end of the body that energy could possibly come together as the being they were ,only in a different form.
It is of course only a theory in its begining stages.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#25779 - 02/15/04 07:14 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Roxxxadelic]
Ringu Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany, Earth
Thank you Roxxxadelic thats really a good post and also good information

Anyways i just want to post my opinion here and it might be similar with the others - i dont think that "ghosts" are really exists thats for me a bit to relative. I think more that the self in everyone of us is not related to the body - not really i t just have to use them to act in this world. So for me its kind of a vehicle. So until the time comes when all ressources are exhausted (we call this usually death) or if our body (the vehicle) might gets damaged inrepairable (also results in death) - then its usually the time when our inner self has to leave this place ( until now we should use our time on a intelligent way ). So im not a biochemic or genetic i dont can answer what happends in the process of dead with the brain and something like that - but i really think that this kinds of ghosts are just the "self"'s from other dead people - i like also the reincarnation idea, so you get your reincarnation and your complete personal and ego arent restored complete only the inner self is yours that points of specific informations and abilitys you might can develope or figure out in your next life. This reincarnation process continues until the self is prepared for kinda next stage/level. So all this things are of course just my sight and i cant give you any proof - maybe some things that could be a proof, for example that there exist people (usually called medium) that are high-sensitive and are able to connect there selfs to other selfs (so they can speak with dead people i guess this was often declarated in this thread as "ghosts"). Or also a proof can be that there are a couple of persons who talked about the death (people that were really near to it) but complete different people that talks about the same with the same stuff but have nothing todo with each other. Or maybe the fact that physical age has nothing to say about the inner self and that some people have a better understanding of the life as some other which are older. Also a proof could be that there could exist big differences from people to people. So this could be some kind of proofs but in the end just my opinion of it so enjoy or beat it - some replys please

#25780 - 02/15/04 09:26 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Skyla Offline

CoS Member

It’s funny and a little bit paradox that we all use the word “paranormal” or “supernatural” for such things, because if you think something goes furthermore the normal or natural you have first to clarify what is normal or natural and there are a lot of different possible answers. I agree at this with nemo’s posting completely and it had really surprised me, to read something like that written by someone else.

Anyway... In 1907 a Dr. Duncan MacDougall measured the weight of his patients while they were dying. He “found out”, that all human beings lose weight at the moment of death and a lot of people believed immediately it’s the weight of souls leaving their dead bodies. Nowadays we know that the ability to measure changes in weight were too imprecise in the past and the results are therefore questionable. I think in maybe 50 years we say the same about the methods we use these days. For that reason I decided not to take it too serious if somebody tell the world he is able to prove whatever.

An other point is, that it is often simply unimportant to know exactly (!) what something is or how it works. There are a lot of things I actually don’t really understand in everyday life too. Do you exactly know why a freezer freeze? I’ll be honest. I don’t know much about the required technique in freezers, but I know a) there exists a freezer in my kitchen b) how and for what I can use it and c) where I have to go, when it doesn’t work. So... In my opinion its often more important to answer a) b) and c) for the so called "supernatural" things in life too than to find a universal provable truth.

#25781 - 02/15/04 10:27 AM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: SeeTheDark]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>To add to it, I would like to mention that science can,
>>and has been disproven.

...by science itself. That's what's great about the scientific method: it's a self-refining system. If a proposition is not up for debate, then that's religion, not science. I've noticed lots of people who seem to use the scientific method in reverse: starting off with the conclusion or final explanation, then trying to find little piece of data to support that conclusion, while rejecting everything else. Creationists are notorious for this. I get skeptical of people who take this approach and try to pass it off as science.

One of the only items that science "takes on faith" is the assumption that there exist phenomena that are objectively detectable, predictable, and repeatable. I think most (though I'm certainly not about to say "all") experienced dealings with ghosts are subjective - not very predictive, not seen by everybody, etc.

From a sort of "Satanic 3rd Side" persepective, I would say that bold claims do demand hard evidence, but at the same time I don't completely dismiss non-scientific subjective experience as invalid. I've certainly experienced strange things that I don't feel comfortable passing off as coincidence (especially with Greater Magic), even though to most outside viewers it would seemed as such. But if it doesn't break down my mental walls of reality, and it makes my life more fun and interesting, I don't see what the problem is.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#25782 - 02/15/04 03:08 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal
Roxxxadelic Offline

I've never experienced a ghost myself, although I try to keep an open mind.
I do think using the term 'energy' with respect to ghosts may cause us to make incorrect assumptions. To me, energy is
something very specific, which follows certain laws of physics.
Energy, along with matter, are what we're taught in physics class...up to the graduate level. It's all just energy and matter.

However, there are other things in our universe that are of interest. Things like 'information' and 'complexity'...things like 'Entropy'.
My intuition tells me that those are the areas we should look for understand of things like consciousness, ghosts, etc.

#25783 - 02/15/04 05:55 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: RobertE]
mystigirl Offline

Loc: south of France
I have not seen but heard strange phenomenon too. I had my villa built in the country side in the South of France in a very peacefull area.So it was a recent house. The first whole year we had manifestation at 11PM all most every night coming from the wooden staircase, we could hear light young foot steps going down stopping a few seconds at the door way, going up and fading away.
Some nights we could hear mettalic noises from the door handle.
Mean while I had my son's Jewish friend 16 years old use to stay with us at weekends (we never told him about the odd noises) One night I was out and came back at 3AM. I find the two boys shocked about weird sounds and laughters coming from my sitting room. A few weeks later the Jewish boy died in a very tragic accident. Bizarre enough the manifestations vanished in the same time. Was he related ?
To day I rent the house to a nice family nothing else occured.
I try to be a rational lady, but in fact I shall never find out what it was really ! I think in matter of paranormal concerning gost or phenomenon, by my pure experience what ever technical way you will use to search the truth. The intity will vanish as soon as you get closer.

#25784 - 02/15/04 06:05 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Skyla]
Roxxxadelic Offline

I personally don't believe in the 'super-natural', but that may be because my definition of the 'natural' is quite broad, being 'anything that occurrs within our universe'.

I suspect the more common use is 'anything that can't be explained by modern theories'.

Given that definition though, I've always been a bit skeptical of people who attempt to seek out the supernatural without having a good understanding of the natural. My cynical view of those folk is that they are not trying to learn and expand the knowledge available to people in general, but that they working of the basis that 'knowledge is power' and are trying to find a quick way to gain knowledge that others in power don't have, generally to make up for a feeling of powerlessness when going about their life.

Beliefe in the supernatural gives you nothing. Doing the extra work, like WvlfBlitzkrieg is doing, gives you knowledge of how these potentially supernatural phenomena interact with the normal world. If you truely develope knowledge in that are, then you can use that knowledge to do things...that is where the real power comes.

#25785 - 02/15/04 06:08 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I read your post and suddenly I had a flash back to my early days working with audio equipment when I first started to record my own music in a home studio.

A guitar amplifier picks up radio waves and will play them through the speaker, so will the pickups on a guitar. And so will any recording device that isn't made to absolutely not pick up outside frequencies.

I wager that your tests have picked up parts of radio transmissions. From CBs, a local broadcaster, or even someone's telephone conversation. I have picked up all of the above crystal clear with my amplifiers.

A funny story goes along with this. When it first happened I had just got this massive base amplifier and as I was walking away a male voice started coming through it. There were no other apliances on in the house because I didn't want their "waves" to mess with my sensitive pickups (a TV for example will seriously ruin a guitar's sound sometimes).

The voice coming through the amp was talking about war tragidies, nothing specific. Could it be from the future? I had no clue what was going on with it because I hadn't ever heard it before.

Hearing a commercial for fastfood a few days later confirmed that it was just local radio.

So, I have actual experience that makes me seriously doubt the existence of ghost noises on your tape decks or whatever instead of just never experiencing ghosts.

Recording devices will pick up slight and mumbled voices from transmissions, and they won't always be clear enough to differentiate from mere radio. But those noises I'd say with 99% certainty are transmissions.

My suggestion is to get a more scientific device than you have. Something far less prone to pick up radio waves or cordless phones. I'm sure they make something like that for a reasonable price.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#25786 - 02/15/04 06:44 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Skyla]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#25787 - 02/15/04 07:00 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Insurgent]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I remember back during one of your field exercises our comm tech decided to tap into "higher waves" which he claims were old radio waves that were bounced into the higher atmosphere where they became "locked". These "higher waves" could be decades old because they simply bounce around until the waves lost their strength. He set up his radio and then tuned in. What we heard next was very strange. We heard a man boardcasting about a Japanese assault. He spoke of events at Iwo Jima and troop movement as if it was all happening in present tense.

I have yet figured that one out.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#25788 - 02/15/04 08:07 PM Re: Satanism/Paranormal [Re: Discipline]
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

I remember back during one of your field exercises our comm tech decided to tap into "higher waves" which he claims were old radio waves that were bounced into the higher atmosphere where they became "locked".

Your communications technician was playing a joke on you.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405206 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements