Topic Options
#261594 - 08/02/07 05:47 PM The Name "Church of Satan"
marley Offline

here is my question - How come you all call yourselves "the Church of Satan" yet believe that there is no God, that you are your own God? why take an icon associated with Christianity and use it as the basis for your religion and then it seems like you rebel against the idea? In the 9 statements that you have, your ninth statement says that "satan is the best friend the church has ever had," - why say that if you proclaim to be seperate from christianity and hold no views similar at all? You are your own God, yet you call yourselves 'the Church of Satan." you are individualistic by the nature of your beliefs. so why call yourselves something associated with christianity?

hi!!

#261607 - 08/02/07 06:57 PM Re: The Name "Church of Satan" [Re: marley]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
Before your question is answered, I have one for you:

I can't seem to find your mandatory introduction in the introduction forum. Could you tell me where it is?
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#261608 - 08/02/07 06:58 PM Re: The Name "Church of Satan" [Re: marley]
Mr. Hyde Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: USA
This has been asked a million times already, but I'm feeling friendly this evening, so here's an answer to your question directly from an interview with Dr. LaVey on the Church of Satan's website:

"We call it “Satanism” because it’s about time the Devil was given his due. The Nine Satanic Statements pretty much spells it out. We want bold, but not pretentious disciples. By employing the “S” word, the timid and superstitiously frightened stay away. They have good reason to be scared, but not as they surmise."

P.S. Where is your introduction?

Warlock Hyde
Media Contact/Warlock - Church of Satan

#262127 - 08/04/07 12:54 PM Re: The Name "Church of Satan" [Re: Mr. Hyde]
marley Offline

sorry, it took me time to figure out the introduction thing as there are times when me and modern technology don't get along!! but it's there now!!

#262566 - 08/05/07 09:22 PM Re: The Name "Church of Satan" [Re: marley]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
How come you all call yourselves "the church of satan" yet believe that there is no God, that you are your own God? why take an icon associated with Christianity and use it as the basis for your religion and then it seems like you rebel against the idea?

How come you give Christianity exclusive rights to a word that describes a fellowship of like minded people who share a philosophical life view? To put it simply, we aren't against churches, per se, simply stupid ones.

We are a church because we have the two components that describe churches: Ritual and dogma.

Quote:
your ninth statement says that "satan is the best friend the church has ever had," -

Yes, irony is a kick in the ass, ain't it?

Quote:
You are your own God, yet you call yourselves 'the church of satan." you are individualistic by the nature of your beliefs. so why call yourselves something associated with christianity?

Because the weak instill words with power that we feel happy to exploit.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#262568 - 08/05/07 09:42 PM Re: The Name "Church of Satan" [Re: Ygraine]
GildedLily Offline

Loc: Wet Coast, Canada
Only Moderators and Members of the Priesthood may reply to threads in this forum. All others will be deleted. Repeat offenders face being banned.

Edited by Caesar (08/06/07 01:54 AM)

#262574 - 08/05/07 09:53 PM Re: The Name "Church of Satan" [Re: marley]
wish666 Offline

Only Moderators and Members of the Priesthood may reply to threads in this forum. All others will be deleted. Repeat offenders face being banned.

Edited by Caesar (08/06/07 01:53 AM)

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44439 Topics
407320 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold