Topic Options
#259102 - 07/23/07 10:36 PM Advice to the Christian?
Nikeyo Offline

Loc: New York
I've been curious as to the reality of this LaVey Satanism ever since I was first enlightened to the fact that it actually exists, and that Satanism is not only burning black cats and babies. I met a practioner on a forum long ago, and have come to respect his idealogy.

I'm a Christian, and studying theology major, but not your usual one. So don't assume my doctrines, and I won't assume yours. ;\)

But I come here out of curiousity. I've been meaning to do a thourough study on Satanism, as I've already been studying this "Satan" figure and his history, true history. So before I do that, I thought I'd go to the practioners. Yes, I've read the "Before you.." site, and it was very helpful.

If any of you had anything to say to a Christian, what would it be? I'm sure many of you have been stereotyped before, just as anyone else. I'd like to hear people's stories, and what they'd have us know.

http://www.evilrulers.com/eviloverlord.htm

#259104 - 07/23/07 10:49 PM Re: Advice to the Christian? [Re: Nikeyo]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: The North
That you have wandered into the wrong place.
"We are evolutionaries in the purest sense of the word. Spiritually and intellectually we are transcending a world grown rotten and we are transvaluing values, because for us, the highest value is irrefutable."

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
Orwell.

#259106 - 07/23/07 10:59 PM Re: Advice to the Christian? [Re: Nikeyo]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I've never been stereotyped. Maybe it's just me, but since I don't introduce myself by my religion (or any other prepackaged identity) I tend to not have these kinds of discussions.

Interestingly enough, I'm on a Satanic forum and I don't even discuss Satanism much here, except in an official capacity. I'm clear on where I stand and have no need of rehashing the issue ad infinitum.

I find this sort of thing tedious. I suggest if you think you understand and respect our philosophy yet consider yourself a Christian, you probably don't understand us as well as you think. There is something far more subtle yet fundamentally opposed to theistic god adoration and love-thy-neighbor to Satanism than something as histrionic as harming animals.

#259107 - 07/23/07 11:01 PM Re: Advice to the Christian? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Nikeyo Offline

Well I'm trying to understand just because I don't want to be ignorent. Perhaps I can't fully understand while being a Christian, I'm sure no one can understand anyone else unless they are in their shoes. But can't hurt to try to learn. Knowledge is power they say.

#259111 - 07/23/07 11:23 PM Re: Advice to the Christian? [Re: Nikeyo]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
 Originally Posted By: Nikeyo
of this LaVey Satanism

Nice tone. Next time, try a less snide approach.

Quote:
So don't assume my doctrines, and I won't assume yours.

You mean like this...

Quote:
Satanism is not only burning black cats and babies

Strike two.

Quote:
I'm sure many of you have been stereotyped before

Like right in this post? Hmmm.

Instead of baiting our board members and talking down to them in the process, you might find it more educational to actually read The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey, since you claim to want to know more about "this LaVey Satanism." That is, if learning is actually your real intention.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#259122 - 07/24/07 12:17 AM Re: Advice to the Christian? [Re: MagisterParadise]
Nikeyo Offline

Mm was I wrong in assuming that Satanism isn't only about the above? =P

I don't see the "talking down" in my post, but i can admit there might be some. I was trying to be as neutral in the request as I could think of doing. Although yes, I am trying to learn. I'm curious, and above all don't want to be ignorent on the subject. I will read the book however, as soon as possible. I'm not sure it would be more educational, seeing as my interpretation of it may not be what a Satanist actually practices. Just like one may read the Koran or Christian Bible, interpret it one way, while the practioner sees it differently.

EDIT: I realize that first statement is an assumption, so my appologies. I come in with my own preconcieved notions that I recieved from someone else. Correct assumption or not, assumption nonetheless.

Edited by Nikeyo (07/24/07 12:24 AM)

#259139 - 07/24/07 01:15 AM Re: Advice to the Christian? [Re: Nikeyo]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I don't want to be ignorent... while being a Christian.

Game over.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#259141 - 07/24/07 01:20 AM Re: "Knowledge is power they say." [Re: Nikeyo]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
 Quote:
Knowledge is power they say.

No.

That is what we say.

Christianity is based on faith not knowledge, surrender not power.

But if you actually are a Christian you should already know that.

#259163 - 07/24/07 03:31 AM DELETED [Re: Nikeyo]
BlackStar Offline

Loc: Illinois
Only Moderators and Members of the Priesthood may reply to threads in this forum. All others will be deleted. Repeat offenders face being banned.

Edited by LKRice (07/24/07 03:42 AM)

#259323 - 07/24/07 04:55 PM Re: DELETED [Re: BlackStar]
Nikeyo Offline

Quote:
Christianity is based on faith not knowledge, surrender not power.

I wouldn't agree, not entirely at least. But true or not, beliefs and perspectives can change. I believe in the importance of knowledge and wisdom, but moving onward..

I have questions.

The Church of Satan, or whatever this particular forum or members thereof is or claims to be affiliated with... is it or are you exclusive to the Anton LaVey Satanism? I'm trying to find how to phrase it correctly. But... is what's found in the Satanic Bible, penned by LaVey, considered the true Satanism? And what of the others who claim to be a 'Satanist.'

Also, I'm curious as to why the religion/practice would be called "SATAN-ism" if the practioners do not necessarily believe such a creature exists? Or rather I should ask first, do they believe he does?

Only moderators and priesthood can reply? Hm.. I kind of wanted to hear from everyone, but I can understand the reasons.

#259337 - 07/24/07 05:31 PM Re: DELETED [Re: Nikeyo]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Only moderators and priesthood can reply? Hm.. I kind of wanted to hear from everyone, but I can understand the reasons.

Can you?

Begin here: http://www.churchofsatan.com

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#259524 - 07/25/07 12:54 PM Re: DELETED [Re: Nikeyo]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
 Quote:

is what's found in the Satanic Bible, penned by LaVey, considered the true Satanism?

It is the only Satanism that there is.

Quote:
And what of the others who claim to be a 'Satanist.'

They are not Satanists.

Quote:
Also, I'm curious as to why the religion/practice would be called "SATAN-ism" if the practioners do not necessarily believe such a creature exists?

This is answered in The Satanic Bible, as well as in other publications by Dr. LaVey. Read... and learn.
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#259554 - 07/25/07 04:21 PM Re: DELETED [Re: Nikeyo]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:
And what of the others who claim to be a 'Satanist.'

Reason alone should tell you, especially you as a christian who should have studied their apologia, that just because someone "claims" to be a part of a given religion, does not mean they are a true adherent or accurate representation of that religion.

Quote:
Also, I'm curious as to why the religion/practice would be called "SATAN-ism" if the practioners do not necessarily believe such a creature exists?

Consider the perspective that not everyone else in the world defines everything the same as you do.

#261603 - 08/02/07 08:16 PM Re: Advice to the Christian? [Re: Nikeyo]
Nazarath Offline

[Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.]

Edited by Caesar (08/02/07 09:06 PM)

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements