Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#262314 - 08/05/07 01:34 AM 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule?
LuminousMind Offline
Banned

The Left Hand Path is a path for the individual to be completely free. So lets say you decide to not follow number four and just simply ask that person to leave in a polite manner. Does that make you more satanic or less satanic?? And whos right is it to tell you what is satanic and what is not?? I was under the impression that satanists were to question all doctrines and social codes. Why are the ones from the COS any different???? If I go against my nature torture someone in my home even though I do not wish to isn't that a form of herd mentality?

#262317 - 08/05/07 01:41 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
VictorWolf Offline
CoS Member

There aren't degrees of how Satanic a person is. You are or you aren't.

I wasn't aware that the rules mandated that you torture the person. Just that you treat them without mercy. Which is different. I believe Rule 4 goes back to personal responsibility and Lex Talionis. If a person does something that mandates you asking them to leave politely, then that is what you should do. Its practical and its in accordance with the crime. If the man shoots you in the leg, then obviously asking them to leave politely would be unSatanic because it wouldn't be practical. The man obviously doesn't seem too keen on politeness. "Without mercy" suggests not extreme punishments for small misdemeanors, but pushing the full punishment that is deserved.

I think your problem is with the language used, not the rules. But then, go ahead and question the system. The "code." If its really not practical, it would stand up to scrutiny. You just don't seem to like rules.

Feel free to correct me if you find my assessment of you wrong.

Edited by VictorWolf (08/05/07 01:41 AM)

#262321 - 08/05/07 01:48 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: LuminousMind
The Left Hand Path is a path for the individual to be completely free.

Do not confuse this with a free for all.

The Eleven Rules are guidelines. Here in the book titled The Satanic Life you will find an essay on those rules that should clear things up a bit.

As far as who has the right to decide what and who is Satanic...Dr. LaVey, for one, and since his passing those individuals who are highly evolved Satanists that he placed in positions of trust, that's who.

#262323 - 08/05/07 01:51 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Satanism is not an anything goes philosophy.

However, how you deal with people in your own home is your business, as long as you obey all laws of your city, state and nation. If not then it becomes law enforcements business.

Feel free to question, but to question compulsively wastes the time of those giving answers, if anyone that is, comes along to bother to explain anything to you. If you identify as a Satanist then it pretty much goes without saying that you have already questioned the dogma, philosophy and religion of Satanism and found it to be totally awsome. At least it should.

So, the dogma, philosophy and religion of Satanism is not open for arguement. If Satanism does not appeal to you, simply move on, label yourself as something else, and find what works for you. Please.

#262324 - 08/05/07 01:51 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
statementofnine Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Okay, let's deal in a hypothetical situation, shall we?

Using your example.

Someone is being less than cordial and respectful in your home and you ask them politely to leave. They refuse, laugh heartily, and continue to be disrespectful to you and your home. What do you do then? Continue to take the abuse or eject them from your home?

I look forward to your response to this situation.

HS!

~9

#262326 - 08/05/07 01:54 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: VictorWolf]
LuminousMind Offline
Banned

well it says "annoys you" shooting someone is more than an annoyance and that would be an obvious given on how to react. I only interpret on what is stated. I do not need any satanic statement to tell me how to react if someone shot me in the leg. However I do question the notion of treating someone without mercy for "annoying" me. "WITHOUT MERCY" means just that "without mercy" implying that you do not hold back in anyway in retaliating on someone for something they have done to simply "annoy" you. There is no "levels of no mercy" Because if that was true then it wouldnt be "no mercy" if you let the punishment fit the crime. No mercy means just that not having the punishment fit the crime. Yes you are correct I HAVE A PROBLEM FOLLOWING A SET OF RULES!!!!!!!!!! I DO NOT DO OR ACT IN ANY WAY I DO NOT WISH!!

#262327 - 08/05/07 01:59 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

It seems your problem is not so much that you don't want to follow rules, it's that you don't understand them in the first place and want everything in black and white, when in fact there are many shades in between.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#262328 - 08/05/07 02:00 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#262331 - 08/05/07 02:04 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Who says that without mercy= violently cruel?

Without mercy means without consideration of another's feelings.

I really don't see why this is so hard to understand.

Edit:
http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Rebels.html

Edited by The_Lightning (08/05/07 02:13 AM)

#262333 - 08/05/07 02:06 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
VictorWolf Offline
CoS Member

If these rules were restrictive, I'd understand your objection. But they're really just common sense.

#262334 - 08/05/07 02:07 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: gypsy]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
That can't be the same person.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#262335 - 08/05/07 02:09 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: gypsy]
Sigurthr Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.P. of MI, USA
Quite a conundrum we have here!
"After an inferior man has been taught a doctrine of superiority he will remain as inferior as he was before his lesson. He will merely assume himself to be superior, and attempt to employ his recently learned tactics against his own kind, whom he will then consider his inferiors. With each inferior man enjoying what he considers his unique role, the entire bunch will be reduced to a pack of strutting, foppish, self-centered monkeys gamboling about on an island of ignorance. There they will play their games under the supervision of their keeper, who was and will always be a superior man."
-Magus Anton Szandor LaVey (The Devil's Notebook, "Diabolica")

Undefiled Wisdom
**Formerly known as "Romenadan"**

#262337 - 08/05/07 02:13 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: Shade]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Agreed! But WTF

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#262339 - 08/05/07 02:16 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: Phineas]
LuminousMind Offline
Banned

I agree that the term should be "Guidelines" not rules. I will also say that you cant call something a guideline and a rule. Similar yes the same no. Call it a rule or call it a guideline. Dont call it a rule thats a guideline........doesnt work. Rules are set in stone (and I could say very campy and cliched "meant to be broken") guidelines are simply strong suggestions that don't necessarily have to be followed.

I respect Magus Gilmore a great deal but I will also say that I speak my mind on everything without hesitation you could say I'm the anti-kissass. If one labels another as to what is "satanic" and what is not "satanic" then that person is confining to that person to and defining that person by their own personal moral code. I would never tell someone what is the left hand path and what is not the left hand path. If following the 11 rules is what you wish to do then so be it. Im all for that but the problem I have is that I feel that if I did make it vocal (which I apparently am at the moment) that I do not wish to follow one of the "Rules" then I feel on that basis alone that I would have my back turned on me by my satanic brethern and that frightens the shit out of me greatly. Dr. Lavey's Bible inspires me a great great great deal I guess I just liked that part about questioning all doctrines.

#262340 - 08/05/07 02:20 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: gypsy]
LuminousMind Offline
Banned

I went to that link. Why is my picture up as someone named NOEL?? THIS IS NOT ME!!! I DID NOT TYPE THAT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! OKAY LETS TAKE A BREAK FROM THIS DEBATE!!! SOMEONE IS USING MY AVATAR THAT IS A PERSONAL PICTURE OF ME!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements