Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#262358 - 08/05/07 03:01 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: reprobate]
LuminousMind Offline
Banned

what if you gave advice to someone that was too shy to ask for it and the end result was that person having a revelation that completly changed their outlook and spring boarded them to greatness wouldnt that be worth it to them becoming the best human the could be?

#262359 - 08/05/07 03:05 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

What would it profit me? Somehow, I have this suspicion that the ungrateful lout wouldn't even give me a tip for the advice that made him a success. He probably wouldn't even give me credit.

Fuck him. He can come up with his own recipe for success.

#262361 - 08/05/07 03:15 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
 Quote:
what if you gave advice to someone that was too shy to ask for it and the end result was that person having a revelation that completly changed their outlook and spring boarded them to greatness wouldnt that be worth it to them becoming the best human the could be?

1. Does Magus Gilmore strike you as the kind of guy who's too shy to ask for advice? Do any of us?

2. Do you often go around springboarding the meek to greatness with your outlook-changing revelations?

3. As with any rule, context is everything. There's lots of room for implied or tacit consent, or for mutual understandings. What do you think they're supposed to be, divine commandments?

#262362 - 08/05/07 03:15 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
LuminousMind Offline
Banned

well thats always a possibility but who cares if you gain from it. I'd prefer the satisfaction that Iknew that I made them a stronger human being and wouldn't care at all who else knew it. Even if they did tell other people is that going to profit you?? So who cares if they do or not nothing changes except the fact that you know that you enriched someone's power.

#262363 - 08/05/07 03:18 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I'll pass on enriching others, thanks. Only bottom line I'm worried about is my own.

If anything I'd be shooting myself in the foot. If I had such a great idea, hogging it for myself would be the wisest choice.

#262364 - 08/05/07 03:25 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: reprobate]
LuminousMind Offline
Banned

1. No. No. 2.Possibly turning the meek into the strong is a good thing. I would only say one thing to benefit them if they didnt act on it its their own problem and would not try again. We need more strong and less meek. 3. Finally we get to the subject of context. See thats kindve how I felt the Church of Satan viewed these rules of the earth like absolute "divine" law in a sense. Look the second question on the Active Membership Form is what do you hope to gain from joining the COS? I responded to gain the knowlege of other COS members and to discuss. I feel I'am already doing that. Im not here to prove myself as some know it all badass. Im here to learn and to grow. Also I will not throw insults at anyone here. I simply want to better myself in here and learn from the Heirarchy so I can ascend myself.

AVE SATANAS!!!!!!!! AVE ANTON SZANDOR LAVEY!!!!!!!!! AVE PETER GILMORE!!!!!!!!!!

#262365 - 08/05/07 03:26 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
LuminousMind Offline
Banned

well if the great idea was for you then yeah go for it it was yours first I agree. If its something you had knowledge of that didnt really apply to you then I'd pass it on.

#262367 - 08/05/07 03:35 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
Remember it is: Rules of the Earth not "Rules for the Satanist".

The principle is similar to the laws of physics; they are not regulations passed by a legislative body, but it is just how things naturally are. (take into observation animal behavior both human and non-human) The 11 Satanic Rules of the Earth are sort of like a set of tips that would benefit someone to follow.
It is common sense for the most part, however I think that you are over-analyzing it a bit off course.

;\)

#262368 - 08/05/07 03:38 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: DataLore]
LuminousMind Offline
Banned

Agreed. I tend to do that on just about everything but you know what?? Doing that results in gaining other peoples perspectives because no matter if they get pissed of at me or agree with me I still take something from it. I've been corrected a few times in here already and thats what I need. Honest criticism to better myself.

#262369 - 08/05/07 03:40 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Think of it this way. The Rules are a standard of conduct. They're good guidelines for etiquette and for protecting your interests. They leave lots of room for your own judgment and discretion as to how you are going to construe and apply the rules on a case by case basis.

We take themseriously because if you are going to call yourself a Satanist, how you present yourself reflects on the movement, on the Church of Satan, and on other Satanists. So, the rules are there to say, "Here is the kind of behavior we want to be known for."

Also, we take them seriously because the underlying message is, "Don't be an asshat", and we don't like asshats.

Make sense?

#262371 - 08/05/07 03:47 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: reprobate]
LuminousMind Offline
Banned

yes it does make sense and now I understand that there is room for to make your own decisions. I was viewing it as black and white and set in stone. See reprobate I questioned something and look you and I have an understanding and that has made us both better satanists.

Im going to bed now its almost 5 here. Ill be right back here tomorrow same Satanic Time Same Satanic Channel.

AVE SATANAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay so that was a bit over the top on exclamation. Who cares thats how I feel.

#262372 - 08/05/07 03:47 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I wouldn't. I'd make him earn it.

You seem bizarrely altruistic. Would you like to send me $2000?

#262373 - 08/05/07 03:49 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:
See reprobate I questioned something and look you and I have an understanding and that has made us both better satanists.

You are too quick to flatter yourself. Don't do me any favors.

#262378 - 08/05/07 04:52 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Noel also has a highly functional brain, unlike this one.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#262395 - 08/05/07 08:00 AM Re: 11 Satanic Rules What if you dont follow a rule? [Re: LuminousMind]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
 Quote:
...turning the meek into the strong is a good thing.

No it isn't. They are meek for a reason. They would only become strong by relying on the strength of others. That is parasitic and a thoroughly bad idea. It already happens too much.

Quote:
We need more strong and less meek.

Wrong. Let sheep be sheep. The strong need wool.

Quote:
Im not here to prove myself as some know it all badass.

Good, because you would be failing.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43984 Topics
406069 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements