Topic Options
#263700 - 08/10/07 04:45 AM Luciferianism and Satanism
MidnightSin Offline

Loc: Southern California
In as much as I've looked i have not been able to find a difference between the two. Could someone elaborate on this for me?

#263729 - 08/10/07 08:05 AM Re: Luciferianism and Satanism [Re: MidnightSin]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You haven't looked very hard. The fact that you think the fee for joining the COS is $100.00 gives me a bit of a hint regarding your reasearch.

Satanism was codified by Dr. LaVey. All else stems from christian beliefs, and devil worship nonsense.

Satanists do not worship an outside entity, as they do not exist. Satanism is not a system of beliefs, it is a religion of knowledge. You either know or you don't, and if you have doubts, you investigate, study, research and experience until you do. Luciferianism and all the rest blindly follow the idea that some entity needs to be worshipped, and entails believing in such things.

When you actually read The Satanic Bible and the essays contained at http://www.churchofsatan.com you will have a better understanding of the difference.

#263816 - 08/10/07 04:09 PM Re: Luciferianism and Satanism [Re: Phineas]
MidnightSin Offline

"Contrary to popular belief, many Luciferians and Satanists alike do not worship the devil, but rather worship nothing except the divinity within themselves." - Wikipedia.com

as that states Luciferians don't worship a supernatural being, any input? I'm just trying to find out the difference between the two.

#263825 - 08/10/07 04:54 PM Re: Luciferianism and Satanism [Re: MidnightSin]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: MidnightSin
but rather worship nothing except the divinity within themselves."

Wikipedia is not the best source for information. Notice the word "divinity" in the quote? Satanism is not about worshipping divinity in ourselves.

Search other sources and you'll see luciferians defined as devil worshippers.

Re-read my original post. Your question was answered there.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#263831 - 08/10/07 05:32 PM Re: Luciferianism and Satanism [Re: Phineas]
MidnightSin Offline

Ah, thanks, but still after a bit more research it seems that Luciferians can rarely agree on what it is, some claim it as a Deistic others claim it as an off branch of Satanism with similar belief systems, though it seems its all caused by a lack of a main doctrine for the religion to follow... it seems very unorganized to me. Thank you for the help and clearing up this little misconception I had.

#263834 - 08/10/07 05:51 PM Re: Luciferianism and Satanism [Re: MidnightSin]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You are welcome.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements