Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#265071 - 08/16/07 04:39 AM Topsy-turvy logic. [Re: DickSteele]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
 Originally Posted By: DickSteele
This seems to be starting to dip into the white light realm where they can explain away their failures as-"we are not our successes or failures, we are not our jobs etc...ad nauseum" why? because....we are beings of light.

No.

I am not My successes or failures or My job etc.

I do not use that as an excuse for anything.

Since I am not My successes or failures or My job etc, this means I can control them, and it is My responsibility to do so!

If I were My successes or failures or My job etc, I would be a slave to them and have no responsibility for them.

As usual, the white-lighters have it completely upside-down.

#265090 - 08/16/07 07:33 AM Re: Not at all. [Re: Nemo]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

All I am saying is that it seems that nature IS personality since people ACT normally according to their nature. All due respect Magister I don't see how a group of professionals such as the APA could be wrong.

#265109 - 08/16/07 09:52 AM Re: Not at all. [Re: Poetaster]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> That calls to light an example of a personality chameleon, a la the master of the mask, Oscar Wilde. <<

Quite! But it is indeed only the mask that is changed. The inherent personality isn't.

Just as an actor remains himself behind the facade.

Neuro Liguistic Programming does not change the personality either - it only alters perception.

The loss, denial or secession of personality is called schizophrenia. This fact is supported by medical science.

I've recommended it before and I will recommend it again:

The Divided Self by Dr. R.D. Laing.

As any hypnotist, including Milton H. Erikson has defined, one cannot actually change personality by suggestion. One can effect behaviour - but only to a degree that does not contradict basic, individual ethics.

Edited by UVRAY (08/16/07 12:50 PM)
Edit Reason: Typin Eros

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#265231 - 08/16/07 08:02 PM Re: Not at all. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
I am definitely going to read this book.

I won't lie and say that I've even heard of it, so my opinion might very well change after reading it.

This is certainly not a topic that I can rightfully discuss, without further study.

So I thank you very much for this recommendation. \:\)

#265254 - 08/16/07 11:02 PM Re: Not at all. [Re: DickSteele]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
 Quote:
All due respect Magister I don't see how a group of professionals such as the APA could be wrong.

You have got to stop using these one-liners on me! ;\)

#265261 - 08/16/07 11:12 PM Re: Not at all. [Re: DickSteele]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

"Even when the experts all agree, they may well be mistaken." Bertrand Russell

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#276173 - 10/09/07 09:26 AM Re: Too submissive? [Re: Virus9]
Moon Shadow Offline

Loc: ohio
Yes, I agree with everyone here about changing who you are and dealing with others perceptions of you.

I have tried at once to change another's manipulation of me. They immediately know what's up and what I'm trying so hard to do.

I agree absolutely that we must do it in slow steps.
The comments here have absolutely convinced me of this and to go slow.

Moon Shadow

#276189 - 10/09/07 10:41 AM Re: Goodbye? [Re: LKRice]
August-Wolfe Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Hehehehe! Something tells me you would be met with absolutely NO resistance!

"I have as much authority as the Pope - I just don't have as many people who believe it." ...George Carlin

#276190 - 10/09/07 10:53 AM Re: Not at all. [Re: Nemo]
August-Wolfe Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
It seems logical to me that "personality" is not a "cause", but rather an "effect", or an outcropping of a person's "nature". One's nature would seem to be the dynamic by which the personality could be altered or adjusted. Personality seems to be more subject to circumstance and conditioning, and therefore ought to be subject to the person's nature.

"I have as much authority as the Pope - I just don't have as many people who believe it." ...George Carlin

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum Stats
12255 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements