Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#265686 - 08/18/07 02:44 PM Food/beverage indulgences.
Atrum Offline
Banned

I've been on a low-carb diet for a few months, but every so often I'll indulge in a dessert or elaborate coffee drink. Today I ordered an iced, butter-toffee latte from the coffee shop (I usually only order a black coffee).

It was really good and exceeded my expectations, as it had been advertised for several weeks and today was the first time I tried it.

This piqued my curiousity about what others considered an indulgence in foods and drinks. I don't know if this topic has been posted before, but there isn't a food section on this forum.

Edited by Atrum (08/18/07 04:21 PM)
Edit Reason: Spelling.

#265688 - 08/18/07 02:56 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
I usually goto a excellent Supermarket called EarthFare and they have a vegan Tiramisu that is ungodly good. Instead of cheese and cream, they use soft tofu blended with vanilla and other ingredients. I am almost tempted to go get one now.

As for drinks, I'm not much of a drinker but I do occasionally like a Cherry Pepsi and Vanilla Rum, quite good.

#265689 - 08/18/07 03:03 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Sushi.... frequently. ;\)
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#265691 - 08/18/07 03:24 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Svengali]
LanceAlton Offline

Loc: Delphi
Pizza \:\) once a week, and lots of it.

#265692 - 08/18/07 03:31 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
There's a Chinese dish called General Tsao's chicken that I have a particular weakness for. As far as drinks are concerned, give me a nice dry Martini any day!

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#265693 - 08/18/07 03:31 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I make a pretty decent spaghetti meat sauce, if I may say so myself. It's got beef and sausage, spinach, chevre, and cinnamon, among other things.

#265694 - 08/18/07 03:35 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
John.Doe Offline

Loc: Germany
Red and green Thai curry with lots of fresh vegetables is something I could enjoy on a dayly basis. Grilled salmon is also great, especially freshly caught.

#265695 - 08/18/07 03:43 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: John.Doe]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
When I indulge I will go get a double cheeseburger, I only do this every other month or so as I don't like to eat greasy burgers or fast food very often.
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#265698 - 08/18/07 03:59 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: D. Macabre]
Tex_Talionis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amarillo, TX
Either go to a Japanese Steakhouse, or for the quick in my room and don't want to leave solution Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza Thin Crust. I'll have a bit of mint chocolate chip ice cream or vanilla some days too.

Drinks that's a different subject. On the weekends I'll allow myself a soda from time to time. Shakes are always a good thing. Alcoholic beverages, I rarely drink due to restrictions on alcohol in the barracks. I enjoy Jack, Johnny Walker Red Label, Capitan Morgan, and a nice tequila like Don Julio 1942. Beer I'm completely picky and my favorite right now is a beer I was introduced to in Germany awhile back. Pils I believe.

Either way, while I enjoy keeping fit and healthy I work and work out hard enough that I can enjoy just about anything I want to eat whenever I want. I stay away from fast food more due to taste and sanitation reasons than to grease or fat although that also plays a factor.
Citizen Infernal Empire
Test Everything.

"We live in deeds not years.
You can be what you will to be."
-General George S. Patton

"The things that come to those who wait may be things left by those who got there first!"

#265703 - 08/18/07 04:16 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Since a new Thai restaurant opened up in town I've been on a Phad Thai rampage. I can't get enough of the stuff.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#265704 - 08/18/07 04:19 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Philotechnic]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
I enjoy a cappuccino with a lot of whip cream and chocolate crumb on top of it + I bought this incredible awesome blender in order to fix me a daily smoothie of choice.
I prefer raspberry/apple/banana
Food wise, I'll love Italian food the best + anything veggie that is more than lettuce and tomatoes.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#265706 - 08/18/07 04:32 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Phoenix_Inferno Offline
Banned

Loc: Maryland, U.S.A.
I simply love vegetables, and while I am not a strict vegetarian of any kind, I'll usually prefer them over any type of meat. Though I do enjoy fresh fish, crab, or shrimp when I can get it. \:\) As far as drinks go, tea seems to be a staple in my diet. A recent correspondant of mine turned me on to a British brand of tea known as Twinnings. Very good I must say, and a lot better than the Lipton stuff I'd been drinking prior. I don't drink too much alcohol, but when I do decide to indulge in this, I go for the fruity type mixed drinks, or the occasional Vodka Mudslide. Very rrarely I'll shoot taquila with a few close friends, though given my small and petite stature, I can only have about two or three before I'm on the floor laughing histerically and talking to Elvis or something! **laughs**
"There are no coincidences...only the illusion of coincidence"--V for Vendetta

#265708 - 08/18/07 04:33 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Svengali]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Svengali
Sushi.... frequently. ;\)

I have a passion for the Dragon Roll with freshwater and sea eel. Great, now I am hungry.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#265713 - 08/18/07 04:53 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I am a big sucker for northern-Chinese dim sum. There is a tiny little restaurant around the corner from me that I love going to about twice a year for this. It is always packed to overflowing and I hardly ever hear english there. I can barely understand a word the staff says and have to order by marking up one of their paper menus. They always ask me, "You sure you want? Very chinese!"....

As far as drinks go, my favourite is Booker's

My indulgences remain indulgences because I have them so rarely. They are always special.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#265714 - 08/18/07 04:53 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Lust]
Amdusias Offline

Loc: Turkey
vegetable salat with hot spices sauce

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406349 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM