Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#265912 - 08/19/07 03:41 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
My food indulgences are thing that I can't/don't make. I like my Indian food better than most of the restaurants in my area but there are some dishes that I can't make that I'll buy. Same thing with just about every other type of food.

I think that more than the food itself, the real indulgence is the ambiance, company and quality of service. Sometimes I get tired of of cooking and want someone else to fuss the details.

#266015 - 08/20/07 07:50 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
 Originally Posted By: Atrum

This piqued my curiousity about what others considered an indulgence in foods and drinks.

Good ol' English Fish & Chips, sometimes with Mushy Peas thrown in for good measure, although I don't have it that often as it's not the healthiest thing on the planet!

Good quality chocolate ice cream.

#266127 - 08/20/07 07:51 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
When I really feel like filling my system with caffeine, sugar and syrup I get an extremely sweet quadruple shot espresso. Heavy on the dark chocolate. Sometimes I get a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream when I really feel like getting sick.

#266215 - 08/21/07 06:48 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Amdusias]
AztecRed Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
A slice of German Chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. And it can't be the off the shelf box cake mix. It has to be made from scratch, icing and all. With hand chopped pecans, fresh coconut, and real German's Chocolate.

Or if i'm lazy, a Red Velvet cake with cream cheese icing will do.

#266834 - 08/24/07 04:25 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Loc: CT
Mother's cooking...so much in one sitting that I fall down and moan in pain.

Edited by Fagneto (08/24/07 04:26 AM)
Edit Reason: A damn coffee!? Thats it!? That pops your socks!? Wow...thats fricken beans.
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#266968 - 08/24/07 09:47 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
A t-bone steak cooked to perfection (medium rare, please)by my son (who happens to be a chef) on my grill. Mmmmmmmm....I wonder if my son will bring anything home from the restaurant tonight...*drool*

Along with a glass of full bodied merlot. \:\/

~HS!~
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#267058 - 08/25/07 11:17 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: dragondancer]
Sigurthr Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.P. of MI, USA
Hmm, my favorite food indulgence would have to be Dunkin' Donuts' "Powdered Black Raspberry Jelly Donut".

My favorite beverage indulgence is a fine glass of aged sweet Port.
"After an inferior man has been taught a doctrine of superiority he will remain as inferior as he was before his lesson. He will merely assume himself to be superior, and attempt to employ his recently learned tactics against his own kind, whom he will then consider his inferiors. With each inferior man enjoying what he considers his unique role, the entire bunch will be reduced to a pack of strutting, foppish, self-centered monkeys gamboling about on an island of ignorance. There they will play their games under the supervision of their keeper, who was and will always be a superior man."
-Magus Anton Szandor LaVey (The Devil's Notebook, "Diabolica")

Undefiled Wisdom
**Formerly known as "Romenadan"**

#267061 - 08/25/07 11:28 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Xaira Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Anything savory, usually too much of it. I cannot stand sweet stuff 99 percent of the time, although vanilla ice cream is good.

I hate greasy or slimy food, so I will typically make my own, but I do have a particular weakness for Carabba's shrimp scampi and garlic bread. Its the cost that's a tiny bit prohibitive for a college student...

Edited by Equality72523 (08/25/07 11:31 AM)

devilchili

"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." - Ray Bradbury

#267066 - 08/25/07 12:16 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
That has been discussed before (remember Yorkshire Pudding). May I suggest a variation. What do you never eat?

I dislike chocolate.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#267067 - 08/25/07 12:33 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
Van der Aart Offline

Quote:
What do you never eat?

"Processed" or "Machine Seperated" meat products.

... and cauliflower.

#267071 - 08/25/07 01:16 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Oddly enough, I choose a lot of what I eat by texture.

I won't eat the fat around a pork chop, although it tastes great, because I can't bring myself to chew it long enough to swallow it.

Calamari and tuna fish fall into the same category.

I've been told that calamari done properly is actually quite tender, although I've never had the chance to come across a properly cooked calamari dish, because the few times that I've been baited into trying it, it's dreadfully rubbery.

#267073 - 08/25/07 01:53 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
 Quote:
What do you never eat?

Sushi. I keep thinking I should like it, but no matter how many times I try it in all its variations, I just don't like it.

~HS!~
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#267081 - 08/25/07 02:52 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
Atrum Offline
Banned

That's a good question. Things I never eat: scrambled eggs, dill pickles, olives, bell peppers, ketchup & mustard (rarely eat), green beans, any drink or food with orange peels in it or on it, fat and gristle on meat, cabbage, most things with artificial sweeteners (with the exception of Splenda), artificial hazelnut flavoring, any medication or dietary suppliment containing Melatonin or Valerian root, just to name a few.

Edited by Atrum (08/26/07 03:28 PM)

#267084 - 08/25/07 03:13 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
 Quote:
What do you never eat?

I will go to my grave without ever having tasted cottage cheese.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#267096 - 08/25/07 04:21 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Minus]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Minus
 Quote:
What do you never eat?

I will go to my grave without ever having tasted cottage cheese.

I feel the same about anchovies. \:>
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements