Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#265686 - 08/18/07 02:44 PM Food/beverage indulgences.
Atrum Offline
Banned

I've been on a low-carb diet for a few months, but every so often I'll indulge in a dessert or elaborate coffee drink. Today I ordered an iced, butter-toffee latte from the coffee shop (I usually only order a black coffee).

It was really good and exceeded my expectations, as it had been advertised for several weeks and today was the first time I tried it.

This piqued my curiousity about what others considered an indulgence in foods and drinks. I don't know if this topic has been posted before, but there isn't a food section on this forum.

Edited by Atrum (08/18/07 04:21 PM)
Edit Reason: Spelling.

#265688 - 08/18/07 02:56 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
I usually goto a excellent Supermarket called EarthFare and they have a vegan Tiramisu that is ungodly good. Instead of cheese and cream, they use soft tofu blended with vanilla and other ingredients. I am almost tempted to go get one now.

As for drinks, I'm not much of a drinker but I do occasionally like a Cherry Pepsi and Vanilla Rum, quite good.

#265689 - 08/18/07 03:03 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Sushi.... frequently. ;\)
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#265691 - 08/18/07 03:24 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Svengali]
LanceAlton Offline

Loc: Delphi
Pizza \:\) once a week, and lots of it.

#265692 - 08/18/07 03:31 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
There's a Chinese dish called General Tsao's chicken that I have a particular weakness for. As far as drinks are concerned, give me a nice dry Martini any day!

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#265693 - 08/18/07 03:31 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I make a pretty decent spaghetti meat sauce, if I may say so myself. It's got beef and sausage, spinach, chevre, and cinnamon, among other things.

#265694 - 08/18/07 03:35 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
John.Doe Offline

Loc: Germany
Red and green Thai curry with lots of fresh vegetables is something I could enjoy on a dayly basis. Grilled salmon is also great, especially freshly caught.

#265695 - 08/18/07 03:43 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: John.Doe]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
When I indulge I will go get a double cheeseburger, I only do this every other month or so as I don't like to eat greasy burgers or fast food very often.
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#265698 - 08/18/07 03:59 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: D. Macabre]
Tex_Talionis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amarillo, TX
Either go to a Japanese Steakhouse, or for the quick in my room and don't want to leave solution Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza Thin Crust. I'll have a bit of mint chocolate chip ice cream or vanilla some days too.

Drinks that's a different subject. On the weekends I'll allow myself a soda from time to time. Shakes are always a good thing. Alcoholic beverages, I rarely drink due to restrictions on alcohol in the barracks. I enjoy Jack, Johnny Walker Red Label, Capitan Morgan, and a nice tequila like Don Julio 1942. Beer I'm completely picky and my favorite right now is a beer I was introduced to in Germany awhile back. Pils I believe.

Either way, while I enjoy keeping fit and healthy I work and work out hard enough that I can enjoy just about anything I want to eat whenever I want. I stay away from fast food more due to taste and sanitation reasons than to grease or fat although that also plays a factor.
Citizen Infernal Empire
Test Everything.

"We live in deeds not years.
You can be what you will to be."
-General George S. Patton

"The things that come to those who wait may be things left by those who got there first!"

#265703 - 08/18/07 04:16 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Since a new Thai restaurant opened up in town I've been on a Phad Thai rampage. I can't get enough of the stuff.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#265704 - 08/18/07 04:19 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Philotechnic]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
I enjoy a cappuccino with a lot of whip cream and chocolate crumb on top of it + I bought this incredible awesome blender in order to fix me a daily smoothie of choice.
I prefer raspberry/apple/banana
Food wise, I'll love Italian food the best + anything veggie that is more than lettuce and tomatoes.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#265706 - 08/18/07 04:32 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Phoenix_Inferno Offline
Banned

Loc: Maryland, U.S.A.
I simply love vegetables, and while I am not a strict vegetarian of any kind, I'll usually prefer them over any type of meat. Though I do enjoy fresh fish, crab, or shrimp when I can get it. \:\) As far as drinks go, tea seems to be a staple in my diet. A recent correspondant of mine turned me on to a British brand of tea known as Twinnings. Very good I must say, and a lot better than the Lipton stuff I'd been drinking prior. I don't drink too much alcohol, but when I do decide to indulge in this, I go for the fruity type mixed drinks, or the occasional Vodka Mudslide. Very rrarely I'll shoot taquila with a few close friends, though given my small and petite stature, I can only have about two or three before I'm on the floor laughing histerically and talking to Elvis or something! **laughs**
"There are no coincidences...only the illusion of coincidence"--V for Vendetta

#265708 - 08/18/07 04:33 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Svengali]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Svengali
Sushi.... frequently. ;\)

I have a passion for the Dragon Roll with freshwater and sea eel. Great, now I am hungry.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#265713 - 08/18/07 04:53 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I am a big sucker for northern-Chinese dim sum. There is a tiny little restaurant around the corner from me that I love going to about twice a year for this. It is always packed to overflowing and I hardly ever hear english there. I can barely understand a word the staff says and have to order by marking up one of their paper menus. They always ask me, "You sure you want? Very chinese!"....

As far as drinks go, my favourite is Booker's

My indulgences remain indulgences because I have them so rarely. They are always special.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#265714 - 08/18/07 04:53 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Lust]
Amdusias Offline

Loc: Turkey
vegetable salat with hot spices sauce

#265716 - 08/18/07 05:06 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
As a gift, for a job well done, I am treated to sushi. For a job done very, very well, I receive Tanqueray on the side. For a job done so well I cause her toes to curl, asparagus is added.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#265717 - 08/18/07 05:10 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Ixmucane Offline
CoS Member

Sugar pie and vanilla ice cream!

I just had some...hmmm.

#265722 - 08/18/07 05:23 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
Im coming to your house... You have done such a great job!!! Ill bring the sushi!!

#265731 - 08/18/07 06:42 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
Oven roasted chicken glazed with two layers of pure maple syrup and a dash of black pepper.

Edited by tovasshi (08/18/07 06:42 PM)

#265737 - 08/18/07 07:34 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Dr. De Sade Offline

Anything Italian, anything Greek, and any flavour of ice cream except spumoni...(so I guess that means almost anything Italian).

#265752 - 08/18/07 10:19 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
I have a family Vietnamese restaurant nearby and I must have dinner there once a week at least.

Their fresh Seafood combo with egg noodles and their Shark Fin soup gives me goosebumps from how GOOD their cooking is.

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#265754 - 08/18/07 10:34 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Dr. De Sade]
Prairie Heretic Offline

Loc: Canada
Either a cappuccino or a glass of Guinness with some cabbage rolls.

~H.L. Mericken

Hail Satan!

#265755 - 08/18/07 10:37 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
In terms of food, my indulgences come from Mexican, Spanish, Italian, Portugeuse, French, and Chinese Food.

As for beverages, my indulgences lie in Beer, Whiskey, Cocktail Drinks, and Seltzer Water.

Specifically, it would probably take me over an hour to list my favorites from each of my indulgence categories. As opposed to eating to live, I live to eat.

#265761 - 08/18/07 11:40 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: G.F.V.]
Fala Offline
CoS Member

I enjoy a well-cooked steak, little fat, seasoned well, no sauces. If I am just out-and-about, there is a little place that is local to me that sells all kinds of smoked meats and such.

I know it is all-too-common, but I truly enjoy any dessert involving warm chocolate.

#265769 - 08/19/07 12:09 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Eeek! I was hungry, but this thread has got me drooling! yum yum yum I love food!

My absolute favorite food is my mothers' Curry Chicken, which I will be cooking myself for the first time tonight (I finally got the recipe ) fingers crossed... \:\)

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#265775 - 08/19/07 12:36 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Phoenix_Inferno]
FretWolf_X_ Offline

Loc: Wow, I have no idea..help!!
A nice RARE steak, drenched in aju sauce with garlic bread, and a salad...ultimate meal in my book.

The dark crow man sits and stares into the oblivion into cold nothingness;
it's snowing in his mind.
He's created himself in his own image. Lust held for him means naught, a knock on the door
brings no smile to his cruel lips;
the welcome in a woman's eyes holds nothing for him.
Alone on his haunches the hair raises on the back of his neck. His dead eyes pierce the night.
As his gaze falls down on the city it fills him the method ascertained, conviction.
He knows what to do and moves to commit the deed.___Lamb Of God

www.burn-the-priest.com
www.lamb-of-god.com
(Hail Satan!)

#265780 - 08/19/07 01:15 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
scrollkeeper Offline

Loc: sou' centrul...Kansas, that is
I love chocolate, mostly milk chocolate, but will have dark chocolate or flavored chocolate on occasion. Thanks for posting the question.
I consider certain foods indulgences when they are expensive to buy or make, when they are foods I don't or shouldn't eat often and when they're hard to find and/or seasonal.
I don't eat a lot of meat, but I love a well-roasted chicken, when the flesh isn't too moist. A Kansas City strip grilled to medium with minimal seasoning, with lots of broccoli.
It's indulgence if it's not something I do often. I make a mac-n-cheese with some cream cheese in it, then I brown a little sausage and ground beef and put that in. Ingredients are costly but worth it.
I found a website of a restaurant in Louisiana that sells a variety of Cajun and Creole foods, shipping overnight to your door, and I ordered boudin and etouffee. I love crawfish.
Inarizushi. You know it as a soybean-curd cone filled with vinegared rice with a little bit of carrot. The cones are costly, but I will hammer that plate.
Li Hing Mui. I have to tell myself, only a few. Too many prunes will always give you the shits.
Poi. Any idea how much a pound of that stuff costs? And to get it from Hawaii to Kansas?
Guava, mango, papaya. Pricey.
Half-n-half or whipping cream on my cereal. Yeah.
Brown beefy gravy with au jus mixed in, on top of white rice.
Honeydew melon with soy sauce dribbled on it.
Salmon steaks baked in evap and coated with rosemary and dill.
Granola in my pancakes or waffles. Maple syrup on quarter. Guava syrup on another. Coconut syrup on another. Plain butter on the last, or saute some canned peaches and put that.
A very well done hamburger with a slice of American cheese on top, a smear of cream cheese, topped with bacon, a little mayonnaise and spicy Grey Poupon-you mustard.
Pickled plums.
Sandwich: hard boiled eggs, mayo and mustard, a little worcestershire, loaded up on a toasted hamburger bun.
I make my Reubens with extra-thick rye. I won't eat sauerkraut otherwise. I fry up the bread before loading the sandwich, then I fry the whole sandwich until everything melts together. Mayonnaise on the top piece of bread, Thousand Island on the bottom piece.
Grilled cheese made with American and Pepperjack.
Pickled okra.
Any of those weird imported Greek marinated black olives.
The Laughing Cow cheese.
No-citrus fruitcake.
Macadamia nuts.
Astoundingly good shrimp fajitas at a nearby Mexican restaurant.
Spinach lasagna at a nearby Italian restaurant.
Quesadillas at a nearby yuppie restaurant.
Cream of chicken soup with croutons on top.
I make a pecan pie with extra thick crust, some chocolate chips and cinnamon chips and some molasses.
A sandwich of very finely shredded ham and roast beef, American, swiss and cheddar cheese and mayo, dipping every other bite into spicy mustard mixed with a little horseradish.
A spoonful of brown sugar.
A sandwich of white bread, peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. Try this with some crushed nuts of your choice.
I make meatballs with ground beef and sausage, 50-50, and some white rice and chopped mushrooms and black olives. That's also how my meatloaf starts. I do mine in long, skinny logs and glaze them in a tomato barbecue worcestershire sauce.
Sliced avocado, lots of it, on a roast beef or shredded roast pork sandwich.
I make a chicken-curry filling and put it in bite-size sandwiches or phyllo triangles.

For special drinks, try a 50-50 mix of orange juice and soy milk, with a few spoonfuls of rosewater. The effect is better if you add a little fresh ginger and let it sit in the fridge a few hours.
Strong-brewed chamomile tea, 50-50 with hot apple cider and a teeny bit of molasses.

#265783 - 08/19/07 01:54 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: scrollkeeper]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
As for a feast of a meal, I like Peanut Butter thai baked Tofu with some sauteed onions with steamed kale and mashed potatoes with nutritional yeast gravy. A hell of a meal to clean up, but well worth it.

Another meal that I made that was quite good is Jerk Seitan (pronounced: SATAN, made from wheat gluten) with sauteed onions and peppers, and Jasmine Rice made with coconut milk. Incredibly spicy for the devil in you, and completely satisfying for the human in you, haha.

#265863 - 08/19/07 12:09 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Philotechnic]
303vegas Offline

Loc: Lancashire, UK
Fish and chips from Yorkshier Fisheries in Blackpool town centre. When I go to Bradford to see my Dad we often as not go for a curry at the Kashmir (chicken or meat Madras with fried rice and chapattis, with meat samosa and onion bhajis to start, yum!).

I like donner kebabs too. I can recomend Popeye's pizza shop for this if you're ever in Blackpool, best in town.

#265893 - 08/19/07 02:23 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I love Italian and Greek food and when I'm in the mood for something sweet there's just nothing better than vanilla ice cream with warm chocolate sauce.

#265912 - 08/19/07 03:41 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
My food indulgences are thing that I can't/don't make. I like my Indian food better than most of the restaurants in my area but there are some dishes that I can't make that I'll buy. Same thing with just about every other type of food.

I think that more than the food itself, the real indulgence is the ambiance, company and quality of service. Sometimes I get tired of of cooking and want someone else to fuss the details.

#266015 - 08/20/07 07:50 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
 Originally Posted By: Atrum

This piqued my curiousity about what others considered an indulgence in foods and drinks.

Good ol' English Fish & Chips, sometimes with Mushy Peas thrown in for good measure, although I don't have it that often as it's not the healthiest thing on the planet!

Good quality chocolate ice cream.

#266127 - 08/20/07 07:51 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
When I really feel like filling my system with caffeine, sugar and syrup I get an extremely sweet quadruple shot espresso. Heavy on the dark chocolate. Sometimes I get a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream when I really feel like getting sick.

#266215 - 08/21/07 06:48 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Amdusias]
AztecRed Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
A slice of German Chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. And it can't be the off the shelf box cake mix. It has to be made from scratch, icing and all. With hand chopped pecans, fresh coconut, and real German's Chocolate.

Or if i'm lazy, a Red Velvet cake with cream cheese icing will do.

#266834 - 08/24/07 04:25 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Loc: CT
Mother's cooking...so much in one sitting that I fall down and moan in pain.

Edited by Fagneto (08/24/07 04:26 AM)
Edit Reason: A damn coffee!? Thats it!? That pops your socks!? Wow...thats fricken beans.
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#266968 - 08/24/07 09:47 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
A t-bone steak cooked to perfection (medium rare, please)by my son (who happens to be a chef) on my grill. Mmmmmmmm....I wonder if my son will bring anything home from the restaurant tonight...*drool*

Along with a glass of full bodied merlot. \:\/

~HS!~
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#267058 - 08/25/07 11:17 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: dragondancer]
Sigurthr Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.P. of MI, USA
Hmm, my favorite food indulgence would have to be Dunkin' Donuts' "Powdered Black Raspberry Jelly Donut".

My favorite beverage indulgence is a fine glass of aged sweet Port.
"After an inferior man has been taught a doctrine of superiority he will remain as inferior as he was before his lesson. He will merely assume himself to be superior, and attempt to employ his recently learned tactics against his own kind, whom he will then consider his inferiors. With each inferior man enjoying what he considers his unique role, the entire bunch will be reduced to a pack of strutting, foppish, self-centered monkeys gamboling about on an island of ignorance. There they will play their games under the supervision of their keeper, who was and will always be a superior man."
-Magus Anton Szandor LaVey (The Devil's Notebook, "Diabolica")

Undefiled Wisdom
**Formerly known as "Romenadan"**

#267061 - 08/25/07 11:28 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Xaira Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Anything savory, usually too much of it. I cannot stand sweet stuff 99 percent of the time, although vanilla ice cream is good.

I hate greasy or slimy food, so I will typically make my own, but I do have a particular weakness for Carabba's shrimp scampi and garlic bread. Its the cost that's a tiny bit prohibitive for a college student...

Edited by Equality72523 (08/25/07 11:31 AM)

devilchili

"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." - Ray Bradbury

#267066 - 08/25/07 12:16 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
That has been discussed before (remember Yorkshire Pudding). May I suggest a variation. What do you never eat?

I dislike chocolate.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#267067 - 08/25/07 12:33 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
Van der Aart Offline

Quote:
What do you never eat?

"Processed" or "Machine Seperated" meat products.

... and cauliflower.

#267071 - 08/25/07 01:16 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Oddly enough, I choose a lot of what I eat by texture.

I won't eat the fat around a pork chop, although it tastes great, because I can't bring myself to chew it long enough to swallow it.

Calamari and tuna fish fall into the same category.

I've been told that calamari done properly is actually quite tender, although I've never had the chance to come across a properly cooked calamari dish, because the few times that I've been baited into trying it, it's dreadfully rubbery.

#267073 - 08/25/07 01:53 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
 Quote:
What do you never eat?

Sushi. I keep thinking I should like it, but no matter how many times I try it in all its variations, I just don't like it.

~HS!~
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#267081 - 08/25/07 02:52 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
Atrum Offline
Banned

That's a good question. Things I never eat: scrambled eggs, dill pickles, olives, bell peppers, ketchup & mustard (rarely eat), green beans, any drink or food with orange peels in it or on it, fat and gristle on meat, cabbage, most things with artificial sweeteners (with the exception of Splenda), artificial hazelnut flavoring, any medication or dietary suppliment containing Melatonin or Valerian root, just to name a few.

Edited by Atrum (08/26/07 03:28 PM)

#267084 - 08/25/07 03:13 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
 Quote:
What do you never eat?

I will go to my grave without ever having tasted cottage cheese.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#267096 - 08/25/07 04:21 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Minus]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Minus
 Quote:
What do you never eat?

I feel the same about anchovies. \:>
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#267104 - 08/25/07 04:59 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Infgoat Offline

Loc: New York
My favorite food indulgence is called Linda's chocolate fudge cake from the restaurant The Cheese Cake Factory.

And the best drink by far is a pure icy glass of water, you can't beat that in my opinion. \:\)

#267112 - 08/25/07 07:04 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
Xaira Offline

Loc: South Carolina
 Originally Posted By: MagdaGraham
That has been discussed before (remember Yorkshire Pudding). May I suggest a variation. What do you never eat?

I dislike chocolate.

Chocolate, sweets, greasy food, fast food in general, anything alcoholic, unhealthy-tasting food (don't ask me to describe it).

devilchili

"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." - Ray Bradbury

#267118 - 08/25/07 07:47 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Lust]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
I feel the same about anchovies.

I don't like anchovies at all but I had no problem giving them a try.

There is just something about cottage cheese that will not allow me to eat it.

-Ethiopian Proverb

#267121 - 08/25/07 07:58 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Minus]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
It's definitely the texture. ;\)

#267130 - 08/25/07 08:22 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
 Quote:
What do you never eat?

Cuitlacoche, pickled sausages, spam and human breastmilk.

#267136 - 08/25/07 08:50 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
My favorite food is... ALL OF IT!

And then some more!

But I have some favorite indulgences like strawberry ice cream.

I would also consume practically anything that can be done with a dead cow as prime ingredient. That includes hamburgers, stake, breaded stake, fried cow, cow brains and ground beef.

My wife introduced me to Sushi some years ago and got me hooked up.

And of course, pizza!

#267158 - 08/26/07 12:06 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
AztecRed Offline

Loc: Oklahoma

I dislike chocolate.

I will never eat the entrails of another animal.

#267174 - 08/26/07 04:16 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
TECHNO Offline

Loc: -31.955658,115.859928
I'll go with that one, I too dislike chocolate and indeed I have an aversion to sweet things in general so I only eat them occasionally.

As for things I never eat, well I often tell people that I am allergic to tuna because I cannot stand it but in general I will eat anything that is not offal. I once lived with an aboriginal woman who would eat an ox tounge sandwich every day which was kinda disturbing to my young mind at the time.

#267204 - 08/26/07 07:28 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: TECHNO]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

I like tongue but I do not think of the origin of those slices. That raises another point – what do you like but never eat because …

I like crab and lobster but will not eat them because the creatures are boiled alive. In principle, I should regard cockles and mussels in the same way, but I don’t.

#267211 - 08/26/07 08:08 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
Fala Offline
CoS Member

I live in the Cajun south, where my mother would make sure to pour ice water, then hot water on our crabs before cleaning them...for the same reasons, MagdaGraham. They were dead long before cooking them.

Unfortuantely, crawfish in this area are always boiled alive.

Edited by Fala (08/26/07 08:09 AM)

#267230 - 08/26/07 09:56 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Old_Pig]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig

And of course, pizza!

YAY, I love pizza too, I'm not sure why I'm not fat yet, because I can eat a lot of everything without gaining weight.... I suddenlig feel like Garfield

.... hee hee but one day I might blow up like a balloon and lose my good looks \:D

If that ever happens then I sure hope I still have my charm lol

I also eat a lot of healthy food, and maybe it's because I got a healthy balance that I don't gain weight, or maybe it's just because I can enjoy food without feeling guilty.

I actually know many people who can't!

#267268 - 08/26/07 12:50 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
MrsVineh Offline

Hmmm my best friend makes an excellent cake called "better than sex" cake. I personally would not venture to say it is better than sex but it is pretty damn good. Its a German chocolate cake covered with crunch bar crumbles, caramel, whip cream, fudge, and chocolate syrup. I believe the recipe can be found on the internet.
HAiL PRiDE!
HAiL GLUTTONY!
HAiL GREED!
HAiL SLOTH!
HAiL ME!
HAiL SATAN!

#267280 - 08/26/07 02:10 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MrsVineh]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
Hmmm my best friend makes an excellent cake called "better than sex" cake. I personally would not venture to say it is better than sex but it is pretty damn good. Its a German chocolate cake covered with crunch bar crumbles, caramel, whip cream, fudge, and chocolate syrup.

I would call that "better than masturbation" cake.

-Ethiopian Proverb

#267281 - 08/26/07 02:37 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MrsVineh]
Fala Offline
CoS Member

Interesting. I make a variation of that same-named dessert, but it is basically a banana split cake with pudding instead of ice cream. Still good, but definitely not better than sex!

#267284 - 08/26/07 03:31 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
I don't like:

Jellyfish
Shrimp
Sea Urchin
ANY "sweetbreads"
Meat and fruit cooked together

#267300 - 08/26/07 05:24 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
What do you never

I dislike:
Pumpkin pie-
Anything peppermint flavored-

I would never eat canned fruits or vegetables.

Church of Satan

#267337 - 08/26/07 09:36 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
de gli moros Offline

Originally Posted By: roho_the_rooster
As a gift, for a job well done, I am treated to sushi. For a job done very, very well, I receive Tanqueray on the side. For a job done so well I cause her toes to curl, asparagus is added.

Isn't that the minimum of a job well done?

I'll indulge in any food; I dislike mushrooms, crabs, lobster, and shrimp, but I love eating a vast array of foods. I guess I indulge in anything new that crosses my path; new style, culture, or meat.

For drinks, Sambuca is my favorite without a doubt. Midori makes a good chaser; I haven't had enough experience with wine or lagers to be any sort of coinossoir(sp?), so I have no likes or dislikes there. Some rum & coke, a few shots of tequila... I guess, whater you decide to drop on me. But Sambuca will always be my shit.

#267375 - 08/27/07 12:45 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
TattooedKali Offline

Loc: Maine
My, I've been away for a while, but what better reason to come back than food, and lots of it?

I really enjoy breakfast. Big, hearty breakfasts of eggs, cheese, homefries, sausages, bacon, waffles, pancakes, crepes, cottage cheese, fresh fruits... not all at once, though! My favorite breakfasts would be eggs benedict, breakfast burritos with lots of green chiles and salsa, and pancakes with melted butter and coarse granulated sugar on top. Now I'm drooling...

As for foods I hate, I agree with several others who've mentioned processed, separated meat products. It's odd, as I used to love nothing more than a deviled beef sandwich when I was a kid, but now years later I can't even look at the stuff without gagging. I also really dislike cooked peas, for their texture.

I used to enjoy crustaceans like lobster, shrimp, and crab (and due to my location I can get lots of them, cheap, plucked only hours before from the sea) but I developed a bad allergy to them so I can't eat them anymore. Such is life.

#267411 - 08/27/07 08:33 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Malakuma Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
There are many foods I love, but when I think of indulgence, I think of Krispy Kreme donuts. There is only one shop here and it's an hour away. I have to wait on line for another hour. This month, I waited in the heat among a crowd of obnoxious young couples costantly taking pictures of themselves in front of Krispy Kreme with their cellphones. For the dozen donuts, it was worth it. I would never do something so ridiculous in the US, but surprisingly I really missed those donuts. I'm also fond of the Outback Steakhouse.
As for drinks- I'm always indulging. Milk, juice, water, tea...all day. I pee a lot. \:D

#267413 - 08/27/07 08:38 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Svengali]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
My favorite!

Some of the best Sushi that I have had the pleasure of eating did not come from the Orient (which I find odd).

Some of the best Sushi comes from Philadelphia of all places on this forsaken dirt ball We call Earth.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#267435 - 08/27/07 10:15 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Evil_Eve]
de gli moros Offline

This reminds me of an episode of Moral Orel... which I can't find. It's funny, though; trust me.

#267637 - 08/28/07 04:35 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
TECHNO Offline

Well there are several fish and chip shops I know of which sell deep-fried mars bars... I tried it once and it wasn't too bad but I doubt I'll ever eat it again because I swear I felt my arteries harden that day. It was too much of a sugar and grease overload.

That said I love eating fish and chips and many other deep-fried foods but rarely do for health reasons, the same goes for drinking beer it's one of my favourite beverages but I've been avoiding it lately because too many of my friends have beer-bellies and I don't really want to go there.

#267641 - 08/28/07 04:56 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
TECHNO Offline

My favourite's include pizza and good singaporean mee-goreng and the seeafood laksa are both really great too.
I also love beef vindaloo and chicken korma but while Indian curries are wonderful to eat they can make the next day or two uncomfortable if you know what I mean ;p

#267643 - 08/28/07 05:28 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Oh, Priestess! You're breaking my heart (not easy to do)!

I absolutely adore chocolate. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not eating something chocolaty!
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#267917 - 08/29/07 06:43 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

#267920 - 08/29/07 07:19 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

What do you never eat?

Porridge - The smell and texture of it turns my stomach. Yuck! \:>

#267987 - 08/29/07 05:03 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: MagdaGraham]
Illuminatus Offline

Loc: Hellsinki, Finland
What do you never eat?

Beans and cabbage. I shudder to even think of them...

#267988 - 08/29/07 05:05 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Illuminatus]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Butterbeans. The texture... Ugh.

Also dishes made specifically for vegetarians, just out of principle.

#268076 - 08/30/07 05:50 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
Illuminatus Offline

Originally Posted By: Adequate
Butterbeans. The texture... Ugh.

Butterbeans? There is such a thing? Oh why in the Nine Hells, why?

#268078 - 08/30/07 06:22 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Illuminatus]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Butter beans are also known as lima beans.

Church of Satan

#268084 - 08/30/07 07:42 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
As far as food is concerned I like nothing better than a good-old fashioned 3/4 pound bqacon cheesburger fired up on the grill with fries, onion rings and/or tater tots and a salad with more toppings than veggies. As far as drinks go, I am a beer man that prefers Heineken, Sam Adams (Boston and Black Lager) or some Old Leghumper from the Thirsty Dog Brewing Company.

#268125 - 08/30/07 02:50 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
I LOVE sushi. I can eat sushi for days and not get sick of it.
I know how to make it as well.
Did you know that 80 pieces of veggie sushi cost (to make) only 5$?
yeah...

Speaking of which, I just got a the job I wanted in the sushi restaurant near my home
Whoopee!

Hmm.. I love chocolate too. And coffee.

I was going to write what I like eating most….. but I figured it is too vulgar for a public forum.

anyhow, I would never eat slimy sea-food, bugs or all kind of hard-core-bizarre things like that.
Other than that- "I love eating, I love to eat" ;D

#268146 - 08/30/07 04:43 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: gypsy]
Illuminatus Offline

Originally Posted By: gypsy
Butter beans are also known as lima beans.

Figures, lima means slime in finnish... \:\)

#268232 - 08/31/07 07:51 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Adequate

Also dishes made specifically for vegetarians, just out of principle.

Although a meat eater myself I have somehow developed a taste for quorn and tofu over the years, particularly marinated in soy sauce, plus these days I prefer the quorn 'chicken style' range to real chicken as I find run of the mill chicken a bit too fatty tasting for my liking. Granted the organic free range stuff is in a different league altogether, but that tends to be a bit out of my price range for day to day eating.

#269690 - 09/07/07 05:37 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: The_Lightning]
de gli moros Offline

Originally Posted By: The_Lightning
I was going to write what I like eating most….. but I figured it is too vulgar for a public forum.

Oh, now we just have to hear it. Please, do tell.

#269894 - 09/09/07 12:16 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Asenath Offline

Favourite indulgence? Anything edible. Not sure how I stay so skinny.

But really, delightfully intricate cake things that are art in and of themselves. And coffee and exotic greenery.

I also have an unfortunate addiction to dango.

#269895 - 09/09/07 12:29 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Asenath]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

oh my God!!! I haven't heard anyone ever mention Dango. I love them and haven't had any in years. Now my stomach is rumbling. I'll buy the first round of skewers!!!

#269985 - 09/09/07 03:29 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Eibon]
de gli moros Offline

What's Dango?

#269989 - 09/09/07 03:38 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: de gli moros]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Dango are little japanese dumplings made from rice flour and are sometimes filled with bean paste and what not. The usually come on a skewer. They are very sticky and you only need a few to filled up!!! they are yummy

#270190 - 09/10/07 04:12 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: ]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Durian fruit!

Pew

I was served this fruit once in Thailand.

I haven’t heard anyone mention it since.

That is one weird fruit.

It looks strange and smells horrible but taste delicious.

Church of Satan

#270199 - 09/10/07 04:38 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: gypsy]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

This fruit was the only thing I ever saw break the concentration of a Zen Master.
I was at a Zazen retreat with Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh at his Plum Villiage Center, Thenac, France. Someone had left one of these creamy yet stinky fruit on the alter as an offering. The Zazen went as normal until Thay Thich Nhat Hanh bowed, stood up, walked over to he alter, picked up an offering bowl and turned it upside down over the smelly fruit. he bowed, walked back o his cushion, bowed again and returned to Zazan.

ROUGH.. SMELL.. the taste isn't bad.. but SHEESH does it stink

#270210 - 09/10/07 05:09 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Eibon]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Magnum Innominan

ROUGH.. SMELL.. the taste isn't bad.. but SHEESH does it stink

That reminds me of a joke.

#270212 - 09/10/07 05:10 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Eibon]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Hehehe That's a hell of a funny story.

Church of Satan

#270213 - 09/10/07 05:12 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Do tell.

Church of Satan

#270214 - 09/10/07 05:15 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: gypsy]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Well...Since you and someone else is getting all excited about sharing wax lips and "lik-em-aid", you just might enjoy it. I will PM it to you.
I wopuldn't want to offend anyone. \:D

#270249 - 09/10/07 09:12 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
SatanicDave Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ohio
Chili, my favorite dish, I use spaghetti noodles and rice, with shredded cheese on top, and lots of hamburger underneath the dish

#270285 - 09/11/07 12:30 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: SatanicDave]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
That sounds good enough to try out right now!

#270736 - 09/12/07 10:32 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Atrum]
Mile_Highlander Offline

HIS FLESH AND HIS BLOOD ARE ALL YOU NEED!!!

#270773 - 09/13/07 01:50 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Mile_Highlander]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Cannibalism is illegal. At least in my town.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#270796 - 09/13/07 06:28 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Discipline]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Discipline you crack Me up.

It would 'appear' as if mile_highlander found GOD UNDER HIS KILT!

Seeing that god is the god of all assholes....I certainly understand how He could be found under there.. ;\)

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#270809 - 09/13/07 07:54 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Mile_Highlander]
Atrum Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Mile_Highlander
HIS FLESH AND HIS BLOOD ARE ALL YOU NEED!!!

Is that so? Is there any particular reason why you are spewing christian rhetoric all over the place, or are you off your meds again?

Edited by Atrum (09/13/07 09:04 PM)

#270880 - 09/13/07 01:00 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Evil_Eve]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Actually, if you look at Mr. Highlander's post record they were never this ridiculous. Either his account has been hijacked or he flipped his lid.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#270882 - 09/13/07 01:03 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Discipline]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Yeah I saw that and pondered if someone had hax0red him...

Then again, Xtians have brainwashed/converted people I never thought could be brainwashed/converted..

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#270886 - 09/13/07 01:23 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Evil_Eve]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Evil_Eve
Then again, Xtians have brainwashed/converted people I never thought could be brainwashed/converted..

"The christians made me do it" would certainly be a novel kind of defense \:D

#270986 - 09/13/07 07:09 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: verszou]
Coyote Offline

Loc: Nevada
I love the sourdough clam chowder bowls that you get on the piers in San Francisco.

#274949 - 10/02/07 03:09 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Coyote]
Cary Offline

Loc: New York City
Mannicotti with meatballs & LaCarbonara sauce.

Ice cold blackcherry soda.

Warm applecrumb pie for dessert.

8^ ]

#274950 - 10/02/07 03:15 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Cary]
VictorWolf Offline
CoS Member

Steamed Crabs. There is just no beating great seafood. Steamed with Old Bay seasoning. Half the fun is in picking the crabs apart.

There's no need for dessert after that.

#274982 - 10/02/07 05:36 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: VictorWolf]
PureLily Offline

Loc: UK
Popcorn. I love anything that is crunchy as I find that intensely satisfying.

"Get thee behind me Satan".....proof christians like it up the ass!

#275050 - 10/02/07 11:29 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: PureLily]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
I would be interested in sampling the long pig just to say I did not deny myself the experience. legally and under regimented circumstances of coarse. I could not imagine denying myself any experience (within reason) before I die.

#392102 - 08/19/09 07:27 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Minus]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

Loc: Des Plaines, IL
Originally Posted By: Minus
Quote:
What do you never eat?

Holy Hell!? You've never had cottage cheese? I love the stuff, it used to disgust me though, my fiance hates even looking at it lol. I could go on and on about food as I too live to eat :P.
I love anything junky...salty and sweet. Something I found at Walgreens was a bag of caramel and cheese popcorn in the same bag....perfect for that craving combination!

I will NOT eat: tomato sauce, calamari, or olives just to name a few...disgusting all of it!

For drinks, I love milk but on the alcoholic side...Malibu rum and Coke, Jack and Coke or Mike's Hard Cocktails (Screwdriver kind) and when I can manage it...2 (at the maximum!) shots of Jack or Jaeger...gotta love that licorice!

Though I do wish there was a Baphomet or inverted pentagram in their logo instead of a cross between the stag's antlers. frown

Edited by HereticPrincess2 (08/19/09 07:42 PM)
Edit Reason: forgot my drinkies!

#392136 - 08/19/09 11:24 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Amdusias]
Lasham Offline

Loc: New York, NY
I indulge every few days at Chipotle. Those burritos are otherworldly.

#392181 - 08/20/09 09:18 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Lasham]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

My friend and I ate there once, and it was surprisingly very good seeing how I hate "authentic" Mexican food. I'd rather eat my future mother in law's tacos or Taco Bell any day!

#392199 - 08/20/09 11:50 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: HereticPrincess2]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Um, why are you resurrecting threads that have been dead for two years?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#392226 - 08/20/09 05:59 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Bill_M]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
Originally Posted By: Bill_M

When one posts about something that's been posted before, they are told they should have used the Search Engine. When they use the Search Engine they are asked why they are resurrecting old posts. I don't want to be a smart-arse but is there a way to win?

#392227 - 08/20/09 06:04 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: SINClair]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

People are told to search for answers to questions that have been asked and answered a million times. That's different than dredging up an old thread to add a comment 2 years later.

#392228 - 08/20/09 06:13 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Bill_M]
DevilMan_nc Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Charlotte/Concord, NC
Originally Posted By: Bill_M

It's a Zombie thing! "Night of the Living Thread" laugh

#392230 - 08/20/09 06:45 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: HellofallHells]
SINClair Offline

Originally Posted By: HellofallHells
People are told to search for answers to questions that have been asked and answered a million times. That's different than dredging up an old thread to add a comment 2 years later.

Maybe the guy was going to start a thread about favorite foods and since he found this one he just decided to reply instead. That's a possibility.

Really, I'm not trying to be a dick, I've just seen this question being asked most times an old post resurges and I can't help to think that the poster could have been merely heeding the advice about the Search Engine.

If a thread is deemed too old to be replied to, it'd be best off locked by the Mods. Don't you think?

#392233 - 08/20/09 06:52 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: SINClair]
J. Favenris Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Originally Posted By: SINClair
If a thread is deemed too old to be replied to, it'd be best off locked by the Mods. Don't you think?

That would take waaaay too much time! There must be hundreds of old threads. I think Heretic Princess simply had bad judgement and should have went ahead and started a new thread. It's not too complicated.

#392234 - 08/20/09 07:01 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: J. Favenris]
SINClair Offline

Originally Posted By: Favenris

That would take waaaay too much time! There must be hundreds of old threads. I think Heretic Princess simply had bad judgement and should have went ahead and started a new thread. It's not too complicated.

Too much time for one person perhaps but there are 10 Moderators... grin

#392237 - 08/20/09 07:17 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: SINClair]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:
Really, I'm not trying to be a dick, I've just seen this question being asked most times an old post resurges and I can't help to think that the poster could have been merely heeding the advice about the Search Engine.

Look, for the most part, people are told that it's best to use the search engine before asking questions that can be easily researched and that have been asked a million and one times. That is a far cry from drudging up an old post to discuss fucking cottage cheese. The poster in question has been asked to stop doing this by Mods before.

You may not actively be trying to be a dick, but perhaps it would be best if you stopped before you succeed in making yourself look like a huge one.

In regards to Mods locking old threads, I'll be damned if I'm going to waste my time doing that. It's general common sense and etiquette to at least look at how old a thread is before digging it back up to add nothing of real value to the conversation. Period. I'm not going to dummy proof the boards for the sake of the rare person who just doesn't seem to get it.

And for the record, we don't get paid for this. I'm sure you think you're just being too funny, but I seem to have lost my sense of humor after reading your posts here.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#392238 - 08/20/09 07:19 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Bruja]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Mod #2 in complete 100% agreement with what the lovely and brilliant Mod #1 said.

#392242 - 08/20/09 07:52 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Bruja]
SINClair Offline

Originally Posted By: Bruja

And for the record, we don't get paid for this. I'm sure you think you're just being too funny, but I seem to have lost my sense of humor after reading your posts here.

After a second thought I realised that I am not intimate friends or even friends at all with any of the Mods here to joke like that so I edited my post deleting the joke out.

#392269 - 08/20/09 11:14 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: SINClair]
BenFranklin Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Open ended response:
At the very least, this issue of old open posts has taught Me, (a neophyte web board poster), what to try not to do. I believe that I am smarter than the average bear, yet I've stepped on My crank here more than once. This is absolutely My own fault through lack of due diligence on My part.
As a typist that hunt & pecks, with limited computer experience; I have found that it is best for Me to read and research, rather than post. Sometimes, I find that the topic is irresistible and I must post. Sometimes, I have been possessed by the Daemon- Pinot Noir. This Daemon arose on the Oregon Coast...
Cheers

#392305 - 08/21/09 08:46 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: BenFranklin]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

Yeah...I definitely need to use the search engine. *slinks away*

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406355 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM