Topic Options
#267293 - 08/26/07 04:45 PM Question regarding LaVey's "Synthesizer Clock"
Phoenix_Inferno Offline
Banned

Loc: Maryland, U.S.A.
I wasn't quite sure where to post this in particular, but since it's a question, I felt it fit best here.

I've been reading The Satanic Witch and I ran into a question regarding the Synthesizer Clock mentioned within. I understand the basic principles of the clock itself, and feel this is a wonderful tool for pegging someone else in relevance to yourself. A tool I believe I will use handily in the future. However, I was slightly concerned, or rather, confused about the notion of changing one's self in order to make them appealing to another person. This seems like a worthwhile idea for those who are seeking nothing more than sexual ventures or companionship, but I was wondering how this translates into a long term relationship. Could someone find a long term partner using this method? I can't quite see how, given that in essance, one must lie directly to the other person's face about who they are. I never found that lies are a stable point from which a long term relationship can be founded upon.

I understand how this could be temporarily employed for use in manipulating others to do as you wish them to, and I'm totally fine with that. It's just if I want someone else to like me for me, and not because I'm pretending to be what they want, this method seems falty.

Could someone help me to understand this better perhaps?

Thanks,
Phoenix Inferno
"There are no coincidences...only the illusion of coincidence"--V for Vendetta

#267295 - 08/26/07 04:55 PM Re: Question regarding LaVey's "Synthesizer Clock" [Re: Phoenix_Inferno]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You've answered your own question. It is a method of manipulation, and if in the process of achieving something superficial and temporary you discover there is the possibility of something else developing, then there you go!

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#267325 - 08/26/07 08:23 PM Re: Question regarding LaVey's "Synthesizer Clock" [Re: Phineas]
Phoenix_Inferno Offline
Banned

Loc: Maryland, U.S.A.
Ah, please forgive me. I do tend to answer my own questions, and I apologize. Thanks for helping me to realize this, however. It is much appreciated \:\)
"There are no coincidences...only the illusion of coincidence"--V for Vendetta

#267334 - 08/26/07 09:15 PM Re: Question regarding LaVey's "Synthesizer Clock" [Re: Phoenix_Inferno]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You are welcome.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements