Topic Options
#267321 - 08/26/07 08:18 PM UBB Error--Private Messages are disabled.
Phoenix_Inferno Offline
Banned

Loc: Maryland, U.S.A.
Good evening,

I've been noticing a funny thing happening when I try to send a private message to someone on the board. I keep getting an UBB Error that tells me private messages are disabled. I used to be able to send them and now I can't. No matter who I try to send them to, it doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Phoenix_Inferno
"There are no coincidences...only the illusion of coincidence"--V for Vendetta

#267328 - 08/26/07 08:26 PM Re: UBB Error--Private Messages are disabled. [Re: Phoenix_Inferno]
Ixmucane Offline
CoS Member

You must have disabled the receive messages from other users feature.

It's under My Stuff and then click My Preferences.

#267338 - 08/26/07 09:38 PM Re: UBB Error--Private Messages are disabled. [Re: Ixmucane]
Phoenix_Inferno Offline
Banned

Nope. I have messages enabled in My Preferences. I can't even send you a private message, though you may have yours disabled **shrugs** I stil can't send them to anyone.

Unless everyone has messages from me disabled. i can think of at least one other on here who'd go around privatley telling others of my past mistakes in order to have them turn on me before they even know me. Yes...I know of one other who would surely do that to me. It'd please him greatly to get me kicked off this board as well. Ha, well I'm not so stupid anymore Mr. Warlock, so you'll just have to get over yourself!

I refuse to let my past dictate my future, and there's nothing you can do about it!

Edited by Phoenix_Inferno (08/26/07 09:44 PM)

#267344 - 08/26/07 10:09 PM Re: UBB Error--Private Messages are disabled. [Re: Phoenix_Inferno]
Ixmucane Offline
CoS Member

I am sure it's just a problem with your settings or cookies or some other computer related issue.

anyhow, when I try to message you this is what I get:
 Quote:

UBB Error
This user is not accepting private messages.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

I have no clue about your past, and I don't really care about it.
Hope you manage to solve your issues.

#267349 - 08/26/07 10:27 PM Re: UBB Error--Private Messages are disabled. [Re: Phoenix_Inferno]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
 Quote:
refuse to let my past dictate my future, and there's nothing you can do about it!

Do you recognize the irony?

You're allowing your past, which I know nothing of and don't care to know, to affect your interactions on this board, apparently because of your anger issues, directed at one person.

You might like to know that I've been solicited by no mysterious parties, on behalf of making you miserable.

I sometimes comment when I shouldn't, but at times I enjoy offering little tidbits of advice, so please don't think of this as an attack on you. Think of it more as a friendly gesture.

Here, have a dancing chili:
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#267355 - 08/26/07 10:39 PM Re: UBB Error--Private Messages are disabled. [Re: Ixmucane]
Phoenix_Inferno Offline
Banned

Private messages are enabled in my preferences. I've checked it twice now. I used to be able to send and recieve messages just fine and I have no idea what happened between now and then. **shrugs** Let's hope someone has an answer. That's why I asked in the first place. I appreciate you trying to help though. Thank you.

Forum Stats
11890 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements