Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#267592 - 08/27/07 11:08 PM "Title" issue
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Not a big deal since I still have access to everything but I searched and nothing came up on this. I've noticed there has been a lot of inconsistency with the titles that appear under peoples names (i.e. whether or not they're a citizen, warlock, priest, etc.).

Magister does not appear under Magister Svengalis user, nor does CoS Member appear under mine. These are just two examples, I've seen a lot more.

Didn't know if it had been addressed. Don't know if this could be a security issue with how the board is recognizing user groups and priviledges certain people get.

Thanks.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#267603 - 08/28/07 12:09 AM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Insurgent]
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hungary
I recently changed my avatar, and my title disappeared. But it has returned in a few minutes. Try to log in again, maybe that will help.

#267619 - 08/28/07 01:42 AM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Insurgent]
Emily Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Colorado
I have noticed this as well.

Your title is missing, although your name is in the lighter blue for CoS members. I have seen this with a number of other users.

Mine is normal, and so is all my access to the forums. I'm not sure what the issue may be.

The underhanded manipulator is akin to the woman who stuffs her bra, or the man who wears a codpiece. When it comes down to business, the goods are revealed, and any inadequacies are subsequently exposed.

#267652 - 08/28/07 09:10 AM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Emily]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Magister Ventrue is aware of the problem. It may take a while to sort out.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#267877 - 08/28/07 09:19 PM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Phineas]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Thank you for your assistance and information. The problem is resolved on my end at least.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#268051 - 08/30/07 12:48 AM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Phineas]
Emily Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Colorado
Thanks for the heads up.

It adds an interesting touch, as I am more inclined to judge someone by what they write now that some people are missing their titles.

In theory, the style of writing should be an accurate indicator.

The underhanded manipulator is akin to the woman who stuffs her bra, or the man who wears a codpiece. When it comes down to business, the goods are revealed, and any inadequacies are subsequently exposed.

#268135 - 08/30/07 03:23 PM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Powaqqatsi]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

As an aside, it may vary computer to computer - I can't see your "CoS Member" title, but you are in the lighter blue.

Oh well, it will sort itself out eventually.

#268144 - 08/30/07 04:32 PM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Maqlu]
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hungary
I changed my avatar again to experiment with the phenomena and that is why currently I have no title whatsoever. \:\) Logging in again did not helped.

#268164 - 08/30/07 07:06 PM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Powaqqatsi]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Ah, I see. \:\)

#268601 - 09/02/07 12:56 PM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Insurgent]
Lust Offline

I have noticed when upgrades are going on that this happens from time to time. My title is missing too, but I just changed my avatar.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#269184 - 09/05/07 03:17 AM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Insurgent]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Seems to have been happening when people upload a new avatar.

Mine has vanished again for what is I think the 3rd time now. And this time I hadn't even changed the picture.

#269521 - 09/06/07 05:56 PM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Insurgent]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Shade's is missing, also. I noticed that yesterday when reading her poem.

#270522 - 09/11/07 10:02 PM Possible solution, maybe. [Re: Insurgent]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
I think I've figured this one out.

Titles seem to disappear whenever someone updates their profile, changing things or not. My suspicion is perhaps a bug making the user-level profile edit feature update the title field, thinking it's there, but since it's not, it updates with a blank value.

Just a guess, though.

#270578 - 09/12/07 05:22 AM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Gabriel d'Anjou
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: UVRAY
Seems to have been happening when people upload a new avatar.

Mine has vanished again for what is I think the 3rd time now. And this time I hadn't even changed the picture.

Maybe if you change the avatar to that of You with that sexy outfit Your title might return.

#271036 - 09/13/07 09:38 PM Re: "Title" issue [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Luigi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Europe & South America
My title is missing too. And I did not change anything in my profile...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405208 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements