Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#267746 - 08/28/07 02:53 PM Satanic Ritual.
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Recently I have had a lot of interesting events that seem to be falling into place more and more. It is almost as if someone was spying on me and placing these events into place on purpose.

Has anyone else while exploring the depths of Lesser Magic and Greater Magic experienced something quite similar?

Edited by Unknown (08/28/07 09:18 PM)
Edit Reason: Correct.

#267747 - 08/28/07 02:56 PM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Unknown]
Atrum Offline
Banned

Would these be negative events or positive events?

#267750 - 08/28/07 02:59 PM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Atrum]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
Would these be negative events or positive events?

Great question!

Positive events. ;\)

#267827 - 08/28/07 06:49 PM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Unknown]
Lustfire Offline

I’ve noticed that even the un-shallow people are dumbfounded by a good outfit. As for Greater Magic, I am often amazed and fascinated to see my desires happen in real life, in the exact way I wanted them to.

Eh, so yes. I have experienced something somewhat similar.

There have also been a couple of negative events. Failure is one of them.Also, if I don't make a succesful ritual, and I know this subsequently, it really fucks me up.

#267871 - 08/28/07 09:05 PM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Unknown]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
 Quote:
Has anyone else while exploring the depths of Lesser Magicand Greater Magic experienced something quite similar?

Of course, the world is a strange and wierd place. Now my question, why do you think this is?

#267880 - 08/28/07 09:22 PM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Jack_Lantern]
Lustfire Offline

Because the human mind is a strange and weird place!

Ritual is fantasy, and I think a successful one turns those fantasized desires into reality.

Perhaps I am incorrect, and if I am, do not refrain from correcting me, but isn't all the mumbo-jumbo in a Satanic ritual just an emotional device to make your mind motivated? Or at least be cleansed from compulsions?

Probably the reason why most Satanists, including this thread starter, see patterns, pieces fitting together, and "weird" sometimes "scary" stuff is because we have reached a dimension in our heads that changes the way we view things. A third world I guess...

#267881 - 08/28/07 09:24 PM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Lustfire]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: Lustfire

Perhaps I am incorrect, and if I am, do not refrain from correcting me, but isn't all the mumbo-jumbo in a Satanic ritual just an emotional device to make your mind motivated? Or at least be cleansed from compulsions?

There is much more. Only you can prove it to yourself, though. ;\)

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#267898 - 08/29/07 12:10 AM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Phineas]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

In reply to my comment above (Only you can prove it to yourself) I have been asked in private to share some of my experiences and to provide a glimpse of what more there may be to ritual.

It is natural for those of little or no experience to want to ask this. And it has been asked many, many times.

To begin with, my personal experiences are just that, so I will not reveal any. Besides, how could anyone other than myself validate the results of my rituals? Even if there were a way, it would create confusion, and lead to pointless debating.

If I told you I conducted a ritual to obtain $10,000.00 and two weeks later I received a job offer with a salary increase of $4,000.00 a year, would the ritual be a success or a failure? The original amount did not appear as a whole. I could argue that in 2 1/2 years I would have that $10,000.00. Others may argue that it fell short.

Only YOU can validate your enterprises. And you acomplish that by doing , not debating it, not day dreaming about it, not rationalizing it, not arguing in circles, just do it!

And you do it by following the steps Dr. LaVey explained in The Satanic Bible .

Need more? Read Dr. LaVey's essays "The Combination Lock Principle" & "Ravings from Tartarus". All contained in The Devil's Notebook.

However, you can read all you want about swimming, but nothing will be accomplished untill you jump in the water.

There are real, tangible results to be had. But you won't know untill you do prove it to yourself.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#267901 - 08/29/07 01:46 AM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Jack_Lantern]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
Of course, the world is a strange and wierd place. Now my question, why do you think this is?

That's a good question.

Perhaps because there is much more to the world than most folks realize.

I remember reading about Dr. LaVey mentioning parking spots becoming available to him that usually would be impossible to get or running into people he was just thinking about.

I am sure after these events became quite common place they didn't seem quite so strange anymore. I don't think Dr. LaVey ever lost his enthusiasm whenever such things would happen to him however.

#267902 - 08/29/07 01:52 AM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Phineas]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Magister Phineas, thank you very much for this post.

Quote:
However, you can read all you want about swimming, but nothing will be accomplished untill you jump in the water.

I love that statement!

Edited by Unknown (08/29/07 02:19 AM)
Edit Reason: Added a different smiley face.

#267904 - 08/29/07 02:00 AM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Lustfire]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
Probably the reason why most Satanists, including this thread starter, see patterns, pieces fitting together, and "weird" sometimes "scary" stuff is because we have reached a dimension in our heads that changes the way we view things. A third world I guess...

Well, your perception of the world truly does begin to shift that's for sure.

#267951 - 08/29/07 01:18 PM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Unknown]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You are very welcome.

#267960 - 08/29/07 03:14 PM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Lustfire]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
 Originally Posted By: Lustfire

Ritual is fantasy, and I think a successful one turns those fantasized desires into reality.

...but isn't all the mumbo-jumbo in a Satanic ritual just an emotional device to make your mind motivated? Or at least be cleansed from compulsions?

I very much agree with this notion.

My favorite definition of religion is by Clliford Greetz (1973) who defined it thusly:
A system of symbols which acts to establish powerful, pervasive, and long-lasting moods and motivations in men by formulating conceptions of a general order of existence and clothing these conceptions with such an aura of factuality that the moods and motivations seem uniquely realistic.

I remain highly skeptical when it comes to the idea of brain waves whooshing through the air into the subconscious of someone a great distance away.
I had many "amazing coincidences" in my life- but I am still far from attributing them to some supernatural force.

A person who's conscious is balanced with his subconscious, and both are balanced with the outside world- will experience plenty of "good luck" and pleasant "coincidences" in his/her life.
Finding the balance is the trick (and ritual happens to be a very good trick, mind you).

As to lesser magic- it isn't really "magic", so if you know how to employ it- why should the outcomes be of any surprise?

#267970 - 08/29/07 04:03 PM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: The_Lightning]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: The_Lightning

I remain highly skeptical when it comes to the idea of brain waves whooshing through the air into the subconscious of someone a great distance away.

What experiments have you conducted in this area?

#267976 - 08/29/07 04:20 PM Re: Satanic Ritual. [Re: Phineas]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
I have not- I do not have the means to do so.
And I do not know of any credible, scientific works proving that brain-waves reach farther than an inch from one's skull.
That's why I remain highly skeptical.

I have done successful rituals of every sort in the past…
And still I do not believe in any supernatural force.
I would rather stick to the more scientific ("down-to-earth") aspect of ritual; a psychodrama...

I keep an open mind of course- I am willing to change my opinion if anyone can prove (via scientific measures) otherwise.
Until then- I'm skeptical.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements