Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#270979 - 09/13/07 06:28 PM Re: acceptance of satanists [Re: MrsVineh]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
That's all fine and dandy, until taking such a stance starts making your life miserable. It's been said that Satanism needs no martyrs, I'm inclined to agree.

And I guess you overlooked the fact that he is talking about his landlord?

Excellent advice has already been offered.

Your advice wasn't very good, in fact, it could probably make things worse. \:\(

#270980 - 09/13/07 06:30 PM Re: acceptance of satanists [Re: MrsVineh]
Coyote Offline

Loc: Nevada
She knows you're a Satanist and does not like you so tell her to open her mind and read the Satanic Bible. If she does this she will be educated further and not misinformed about Satanists. Then she will realize that she is the one that should be worried about being accepted

#270981 - 09/13/07 06:35 PM Re: acceptance of satanists [Re: Coyote]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Yeah, that'll work.

#270987 - 09/13/07 07:10 PM Re: acceptance of satanists [Re: ]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.

Don't kid yourself into thinking you are changing the world for the better by telling people that you are a Satanist.

#270989 - 09/13/07 07:16 PM Re: acceptance of satanists [Re: Giancarlo]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Some of the children are minors.
Their parent has given you an instruction.
Heed it.
Your hurt feelings are irrelevant.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#270994 - 09/13/07 07:39 PM Re: acceptance of satanists [Re: ]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Your situation is indeed unique. For most, Satanism is best as a secret weapon.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#271001 - 09/13/07 08:03 PM Re: acceptance of satanists [Re: ]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
 Originally Posted By: Zakolyev
To attempt to tell me that what I do by announcing my Left-Handed convictions is self-detrimental is silly.

I didn't. I wrote one line and you got it wrong.

Your post states that more people should be open about being a Satanist. You are wrong.

Each Satanist should decide for themselves what is right for them. Which they do. Therefore just enough Satanists are open about it. \:\)

#271010 - 09/13/07 08:30 PM Re: acceptance of satanists [Re: Mr Sam]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Mr Sam

Each Satanist should decide for themselves what is right for them. Which they do. Therefore just enough Satanists are open about it. \:\)

Your logic is flawless. You wouldn't have a little Vulcan in you, would you?

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#271025 - 09/13/07 09:18 PM Re: acceptance of satanists [Re: ]
Nonesuch Offline

Loc: The Empire State
One huge problem I have with people being open about being Satanists is that if too many people do it, it might become popular! And that would be a shame. Imagine legions of brain dead college students claiming they were Satanists and ruining the idea in the minds of worthy people. Though, to be fair, if these people are discerning enough they will read about it and see it for what it really is. So maybe its not a huge problem, but I always appreciated the underground nature of Satanism (despite the appeal of seeing Satanic churches dot the skies of cities).

#271038 - 09/13/07 09:53 PM Re: acceptance of satanists [Re: Nonesuch]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic
 Originally Posted By: Nonesuch
One huge problem I have with people being open about being Satanists is that if too many people do it, it might become popular! And that would be a shame. Imagine legions of brain dead college students claiming they were Satanists and ruining the idea in the minds of worthy people.

Well that is not too far from reality, though it's mainly just rebellious teens or delusional morons that care more about how they look and what they listen to than what they do.

Either way, the landlady can't accept anyone as a Satanist because chances are she doesn't know what a Satanist is, more importantly she probably shrugs at the thought of the word Satanism due to her religious programming which serves as a failsafe from actual research or logical reasoning. Explaining Satanism to her would be like throwing books about fire safety to a burning house... the house would not learn that burning up is bad for it, instead it will just burn harder since it's not capable of saying "you know what, I was wrong, I shouldnĺt have set myself aflame".

That must be one greedy christian; she would rent to the kind of person she wouldn't let her children near. I bet she has a child molester mowing her lawn.

#271041 - 09/13/07 09:57 PM Your assumption... [Re: ]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Your assumption is that we have to do something to make things the way they need to be.

We don't.

Everything is exactly the way it has to be.

We merely leverage that fact.

Carefully.

Wisely.

Effectively.

That is our way.

#271082 - 09/14/07 12:33 AM Re: Your assumption... [Re: ]
Xaira Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Because you might be stirring things up that don't need to be stirred up.

For example, if you have a perfectly decent computer, why should you go out of your way to upgrade when yours fits your needs?

Why cause more problems than solutions?

devilchili

"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." - Ray Bradbury

#271085 - 09/14/07 12:40 AM Re: Your assumption... [Re: ]
Xaira Offline

Then change them, as long as it is not to the detriment of your own lifestyle.

I, also, am a college student in a very conservative area. I see many things that I dislike and would love to change, but the process of changing them would upset more things that it would solve.

It would be like using a priceless vase to try to swat a fly. Whether or not you kill the fly, you're out the vase.

Just look at things objectively and think about them before you go stick your foot somewhere you don't want it.

devilchili

"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." - Ray Bradbury

#271087 - 09/14/07 12:48 AM Re: Your assumption... [Re: ]
Xaira Offline

It's always good to get one's point across.

You get a cool chili.

devilchili

#271122 - 09/14/07 07:08 AM Re: Your assumption... [Re: ]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Zakolyev
Why should I, as a Satanist, not seek to influence a motion that would end the rule of the Right-Handed, thus moving the world closer to My ideal view?

Why not stick with what works?

It's a five point program.
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements