Topic Options
#27244 - 02/21/04 10:02 PM personal re-evaluation
The_Dude Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, about myself and whether or not I've been living the way I really want to. I know that I am a Satanist because of my identification with the Satanic Bible, but I've discovered that I'm not living in a satisfactorily Satanic fashion to back up my Satanic identity. For example, last night, after having complained somewhat about too many people at my school getting sick in the bathroom from drinking and stinking the place up, I did the same exact thing. I feel like this kind of thing happens too much with me, and that it's time to put my money where my mouth is (is that the correct phrase?) and start being more responsible. I've thought often about how tired I am of people not taking me seriously, but I never did anything to change that. I suppose I haven't been mature enough until now to take action, but I'm hopefully moving in the right direction by putting these thoughts into writing. Thoughts and comments are welcome. Hail Satan!

#27245 - 02/21/04 10:19 PM Re: personal re-evaluation [Re: The_Dude]
Knocko Offline

Loc: Michigan - Troll Country
Identifying the problem, of course, is the first step. As many Satanists will undoubtedly agree, we may "sin" occasionally, and even often. As Satanists, though, we know that there are two choices; one either learns from the "mistake" and never does it again (or at least tries), or one knows one has done wrong and moves on. The choice is up to the transgressor.

Self-realization is the key. No one is perfect, as much as they'd like to be...
"When the long winter nights come on and the wolves follow their meat into the lower valleys, he may be seen running at the head of the pack through the pale moonlight or glimmering borealis, leaping gigantic above his fellows, his great throat a-bellow as he sings a song of the younger world, which is the song of the pack. "Old longings nomadic leap, Chafing at custom's chain: Again from its brumal sleep Wakens the ferine strain."" -Jack London, The Call of the Wild

#27246 - 02/21/04 10:40 PM Re: personal re-evaluation [Re: The_Dude]
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

I've discovered that I'm not living in a satisfactorily Satanic fashion to back up my Satanic identity.

Gee... where's the fun in that?

Satanism is a religion. Use it, don't be it.

#27247 - 02/21/04 10:56 PM Re: personal re-evaluation [Re: The_Dude]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 115°49'00"W 37°14'00"N
Just recognize your weaknesses for what they are, then find your strength and get on with life. You know what your standards are and how you want to live. Its all about being responsible for your actions and making the most out of who you are and what you've got. Don't let free choice become your enemy. Face yourself and aim realistically. No one else is responsible for the way your life goes. If you want to take charge of your own life, then you will.

#27248 - 02/21/04 11:05 PM Re: personal re-evaluation [Re: The_Dude]
LTalionis Offline

CoS Magister

I think there has been a misinterpretation of the oft-used "Satanists are born, not made." I do not believe it means one bursts forth from the womb with sword in hand, the embodiment of the Nietzschean Superman - although that would certainly qualify.

If the seed is there, you were born with it. So long as one continues to learn from mistakes, adapts, grows stronger and EVOLVES, that is the key to one's true self. With that said: You either are one, or you aren't.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

#27249 - 02/21/04 11:15 PM Re: personal re-evaluation [Re: The_Dude]
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
Thinking is the first step, and one that most people will avoid at all cost.

However, thinking is useless if it is not followed up by action.

You know the steps neccesary to take. Now all you must do is take them.

Best wishes.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#27250 - 02/21/04 11:27 PM Re: personal re-evaluation [Re: The_Dude]
Flavius Offline
CoS Member

Loc: BridgePort
You're right, you shouldn't gave griped.

You're in school - relax! Study when you need to, but don't miss the chance to fill up a bathroom now and again!

As long as your primary responsibility (grades) doesn't suffer, it's OK to have some fun. You'll be able to be responsible all the time soon enough.

#27251 - 02/21/04 11:33 PM Re: personal re-evaluation [Re: The_Dude]
The_Dude Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I thank you all very much for your advice.

#27252 - 02/22/04 06:09 AM Re: personal re-evaluation [Re: The_Dude]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
So you complained about something which you need not have subjected yourself to. We have all done that at one point or another.

The thing is did you learn from your mistake, and will you do something to prevent it from happening again?

From the way you made it sound, I think that you have in fact caught yourself already, and have corrected your thinking patterns.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#27253 - 02/22/04 06:17 AM Re: personal re-evaluation [Re: LTalionis]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
I couldn't have said it any better. you are most eloquent Magister LTALIONIS.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406341 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements