Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#276723 - 10/12/07 12:41 AM Re: Peoples reactions to your religion [Re: Mr. Mischief]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
From the CoS website -

"Mandatory Education: Teaching Pigs To Sing"

By High Priestess Blanche Barton

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/MandatoryEducation.htm

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#276725 - 10/12/07 01:15 AM Re: Peoples reactions to your religion [Re: Discipline]
de_Lioncourt Offline
CoS Member

Mr. Mischief,

As a parent, I have no plans of indoctrinating my child into Satanism. My wife of 9 years is agnostic. That is fine by me. We are strongly considering homeschooling our son. Some of the main reasons for this being: 1). Neither of us really liked our own school experience. We felt that we had to "put up" with other kids who were, we felt inferior to us. I also had more than one teacher tell me that they viewed themselves as "paid baby sitters"- very sad. Why would we want to put our own child through that? 2) In our day we didn't have the worry of kids bringing guns to school etc. Its a mean world.

What I personally found out in school when it came to fights was that the attitude, "just because somebody else started it...it's no excuse" was prevalent. To me this made no sense. My Grandmother always told me that if I didn't defend myself that when I came home I would be punished more harshly by her than the school would punish me if I finished it. I always found that I got in more trouble for defending myself by the school than the person who started it did. This made no sense to me at eight. Again, why put a child through something so unnecessary?

I can appreciate where you are coming from. After all they have christian schools, so why not a Satanic one? Right? However, it goes against Satanism. If we were to indoctrinate our children into our religion because it is right for us, we would be no better than the christians we despise.

In all honesty, I don't think that kids are all that interested in religion anyway. It also really doesn't matter what you raise them in, they will eventually make up their own mind. My Grandmother, dye in the wool Satanist that she was, never labeled herself as such. She always claimed to be a christian. Still, she never went to church in all the years she helped to raise me. She didn't preach the bible or any other religion to me. I examined many religious philosophies and made up my mind (when I was around 16 or 17).

I understand your new found joy in Satanism. However, one does not have to go around beating one's chest to "prove" that they are Satanic. I never try to prove anything. I don't need someone else's validation to make what I say right. The very fact that I say whatever I do makes it right for me, and that is all I care about. I never looked to any of Dr. Lavey's writings to tell me how to run my life, they reflected how I already was. Likewise, I would never look to a member, Reverend, Priest or Magister of the CoS for instruction on what I should or shouldn't do. I am quite capable of running my own life and secure in how I do so. I view anyone who has read and understands the Satanic Bible and the principals set forth by Dr. Lavey as brothers in arms regardless of their title or lack there of.

Having said that, it is desirable for everyone to want to make some sort of impact on the world (ego). To over simplify it, this can be done by your very existence if you are true to yourself. On a more complex level, the people you know will pick up on who and what you are by subtle cues, that come natural to you (because they are natural you won't even be aware you are giving them). Beyond that, lead by example. Be yourself. Don't do or say you feel anything just because it is written in a book, or someone else tells you it's so. If you think it's bullshit it's bullshit. You wouldn't imagine the impact that you will have if you take this attitude. That is a very Satanic way to live your life.

Hail Satan!

Edited by Wylie (10/12/07 01:19 AM)

#276755 - 10/12/07 09:27 AM Re: Peoples reactions to your religion [Re: de_Lioncourt]
Mr. Mischief Offline

Loc: Boston, America
Please read all of my posts on page 7, they'll clear up your confusion about whether or not I ever suggested Satanic indoctrination. Just because I asked about the establishment of a school, specific reasons for doing so do not automatically follow.

Thank you for the bottom paragraph of your post, however... That was very (...what's a Satanistic replacement for "illuminating", which conveys the same thing?). I am tryig to avoid coming across like I want to be taught Satanism, but at the same time, there are questions that just reading a book will not answer.

#276758 - 10/12/07 09:49 AM Re: Peoples reactions to your religion [Re: Mr. Mischief]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Mr. Mischief
(...what's a Satanistic replacement for "illuminating", which conveys the same thing?).

"Illuminating".

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#276786 - 10/12/07 02:08 PM Re: Peoples reactions to your religion [Re: Mr. Mischief]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
 Quote:
I am tryig to avoid coming across like I want to be taught Satanism, but at the same time, there are questions that just reading a book will not answer.

I wouldn't be so quick to make that statement, you haven't read any of the books yet.

Everything you need is there. If you want to avoid coming off like you are attempting to be spoon fed about this religion, I'd suggest you hold off on posting lots of questions until you have at least read the Satanic Bible.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#276800 - 10/12/07 03:33 PM Re: Peoples reactions to your religion [Re: de_Lioncourt]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Wylie
Mr. Mischief,

We are strongly considering homeschooling our son.

I believe there are some here who are doing that.Maybe you can get some resources.

Personally...I could not. I barely have the patience to be a father.

About Satanic edumication, or whatever is...or is not...being advocated (I just couldn't seem to make it through all these posts)...our kids will grow up to live in the real world. That world will still be dominated by Christians, Secular Humanists and other misguided individuals. Might not learning how to move in that world also be part of their education. My son is in public school. When the teacher, or anyone else goes on about God, he looks at us and rolls his eyes. They may be smarter than we give them credit for.

Besides, you cannot teach anyone to be a Satanist.

#276816 - 10/12/07 05:28 PM Re: Peoples reactions to your religion [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
de_Lioncourt Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I hope that is not what you got from my post.

Hail Satan!

#276829 - 10/12/07 07:35 PM Re: Peoples reactions to your religion [Re: de_Lioncourt]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Wylie
 Quote:

I hope that is not what you got from my post.

Hail Satan!

No...Not at all.

#276843 - 10/12/07 10:31 PM Re: Peoples reactions to your religion [Re: Mr. Mischief]
de_Lioncourt Offline
CoS Member

First, I was unaware that you have yet to read the Satanic Bible. So I must ask you, why would you want or have any interest in starting a Satanic school when you can not yet be certain your a Satanist? For all you know, you could read it and disagree with everything it says. If that is the case wouldn't you feel the slightest bit silly for taking such a strong position? Wait until you read it, then if you agree with it, begin practicing and advocating it.

Quote:
That was very (...what's a Satanistic replacement for "illuminating", which conveys the same thing?)

I feel generous so let me share one of my favorite quotes from Dr. Lavey with you:

Quote:
Satan demands a much harder task than signing over your soul in blood. He demands that you live your life as fully as you can, prosper by your own wits and avoid misery. You wouldn't believe what a tall order that is for most people

What I am trying to convey is that you will get a lot further if you are yourself. Forget labels and this board for a minute, this is something you should already be applying regardless of what you choose to call yourself. By your above statement, you seem to be looking for something to replace who you are. That is not Satanism.

I have known many people of the left handed path personally. Some are like myself (not members of the CoS but Satanists no less), I have known several members of the CoS. Several years ago, I even had a couple of conversations with someone who knew Dr. Lavey personally. You know what? The language that we all speak is normal. It is what comes natural to us. It is how we talk every day. Satanists don't need to use esoteric words to seem mysterious. We are mysterious to most people by our very nature.

Hail Satan!

#276871 - 10/13/07 04:16 AM Re: Peoples reactions to your religion [Re: Discipline]
Vyacheslav Offline

Loc: Ukraine
Sorry if it very privatly - are Your close relatives - wife and children know about Your belief?

#278184 - 10/19/07 09:32 PM Re: Peoples reactions to your religion [Re: shadowraven213]
Majic Offline

Loc: Sagittarius III
The Devil You Say!

Originally Posted By: shadowraven213
how many people have you when asked what your religion is and you reply with "satanism" have actually laughed at you?

None, I'm happy to say. And even happier to say that the total will probably never increase, because this scenario simply doesn't apply to me.

There are various reasons for this, but chief among them is the fact that by the time anyone would ever have cause to ask me this question,** they would already know me well enough not to bother.

Meanwhile, if someone who didn't know me were to ask me what my religion is, I like to think I would speak thusly:

"I Am What I Am."

They can figure out the rest on their own.

**Since I left military service, anyway. Gotta put something on the dog tags, you know.

#278374 - 10/20/07 10:27 PM Re: Peoples reactions to your religion [Re: shadowraven213]
Phazero Offline

Loc: Dallas,Texas
If anyone laughed at my religion, I would ask them there's...and laugh harder.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43829 Topics
405228 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements