Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#273524 - 09/25/07 01:59 AM Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!!
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
I will encourage everyone to prepare for Saturday October 13th.

This year, it will be exactly 700 years since Philippe Le Bel's issued orders to exterminate the Order of the Knights Templar were put into effect.

I will encourage everyone to perform whatever L'Air d'Epais they are practicing, synchronised to go down at whatever local time is simultaneous with 1800 hours in France.

#273530 - 09/25/07 02:41 AM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: Max Faust]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
I'll get right on that.

#273652 - 09/25/07 02:28 PM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: Max Faust]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Actually, it was the successful departure of the Templar fleet with its treasures that I would prefer to remember.

Or to quote the French king, "What?!" ;\)

#273985 - 09/26/07 11:07 PM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: Max Faust]
Focalor Offline

They're all dead anyway. I didn't know any of them. I wasn't on the list of people to be exterminated. I've got some football to watch on Saturday, can't we reschedule this sometime after football season?

http://focalor.tastyspleen.net

#274071 - 09/27/07 01:23 PM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: Focalor]
Prairie Heretic Offline

Loc: Canada
If I remember by then. I'll have wine :P

~H.L. Mericken

Hail Satan!

#274253 - 09/28/07 09:25 AM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: Max Faust]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I don't understand why a Satanist should celebrate such event. Could you explain what is the significance for our religion?

#274648 - 09/30/07 07:20 PM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: Old_Pig]
Morganti Offline

Quote:
I don't understand why a Satanist should celebrate such event. Could you explain what is the significance for our religion?

Yes I would also very much like to know. I believe the Knights Templars were Devil Worshipers though. My guess is that their general attitude and philosophy (minus the Devil Worship) is considered Satanic.

#274656 - 09/30/07 08:01 PM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: Old_Pig]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Dr. LaVey referred to the Templars as a "Noble group of gentlemen" and goes on to say in TSR,

"The Templars had been exposed to the dualistic concepts of the Yezidis in the Near East. They had seen pride glorified and life praised as never before, when they entered the Courtyard of the Serpent and the Sanctuary of the Peacock, where indulgence became tantamount to greater power. As a result, they developed what was destined to become one of the most significant rites of Satanism."

I don't know if I would go as far as calling it an "important anniversary date" but it is the event that "L'Air Épais" singles out as being unjust.

I wouldn't call that in-signifcant.

#274665 - 09/30/07 10:09 PM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: HellofallHells]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Thank you.

Let us see.

Reputed to have worshipped the Baphomet.

Denounced as evil and heretical by the Christian Pope.

Warriors.

Battle-hardened crusaders.

Financiers of European royalty.

Cloaked in mystery for 700 years.

Spirited off their treasures from under the nose of the French king.

Not bad.

7 9

#274718 - 10/01/07 08:00 AM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: Nemo]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
 Originally Posted By: Nemo
Cloaked in mystery for 700 years.

Indeed.

In western history, there is hardly any ONE single group of individuals who are shrouded in more mystery, dread and suspense. Every other "occult order" since then have claimed to be connected, or related, to the Knights Templar.

How many volumes of books have been written about the Templars? How much speculation has been done? How much fantasy and imagination has been "sacrificed", speaking in terms of "psychic energy", on this idea that is the Knights Templar?

I have no doubt that the Doktor himself would have had a thing or two to say about the relative strength of performing L'Air d'Epais in synchronicity with a date which is very significant in connection with what little REAL information we have about these mysterious battle-monks.

#275446 - 10/05/07 08:27 AM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: Max Faust]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7029513.stm

This may be biassed, but it looks interesting.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#275940 - 10/08/07 04:22 AM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: Max Faust]
WinterGoat Offline

Loc: WA State
While I agree that the Knights Templar should be remembered, the only anniversary coming up that I really care about is that of Dr. LaVey's death. As I try to perform variations on the ceremony that I have already established (just to insure that it doesn't become stale, and really does justice to the man) it will require much preparation on my part. Besides, Halloween is also right around the corner. This is really the busiest time of the year for me. Had I been aware of this a month or so ago, I might have worked it in.

HAIL SATAN!
HAIL LAVEY!

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5

#275949 - 10/08/07 07:27 AM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: WinterGoat]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Personally, I prefer to celebrate Dr. LaVey's birthday.
That day I light a black candle and meditate about his life and accomplishments. Then I eat Hawaiian Pizza.

#276253 - 10/09/07 05:27 PM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: Old_Pig]
WinterGoat Offline

Loc: WA State
I, too, celebrate his birthday. However, that is not coming up any time soon. My focus is on this time of the year.

And for me it it is not a celebration (his death) but rather a time to reflect on what I know of the man from his writings. On this date I read TSROTE, TSS, and then I play the entire Black Mass CD. I light the black candle for both. It also is one of the very few times of the year that I indulge in alcohol.

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5

#276739 - 10/12/07 05:52 AM Re: Important Anniversary Date Coming Up In 18 Days!!! [Re: Max Faust]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements