Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#27425 - 02/22/04 12:42 PM Satanic Jobs
Asmedious Offline

Are there jobs that attract Satanists more then other types of employment. I'm sure self employment is on top of the list, but what else? Right now I'm trying to switch careers and I'm curious as to what some successful Satanists are doing. By successful, I mean jobs that they enjoy, not just what makes them money. I'm a nurse, and hate it, so it's time to move on.

#27426 - 02/22/04 12:45 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
MarquisDeSade Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Van Buren, AR
Sales

-Mae West

#27427 - 02/22/04 01:02 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
It is of no consequence to a Satanist what other Satanists do for a living. Satanists are mechanics, authors, business owners, salespersons, engineers, plumbers and police officers. What separates a Satanist from the rest is how he chooses and approaches his occupation.
Discover what it is you enjoy and excel at--don't worry what others think about your choice. Practice and study until you can do it better than anyone else. Show your competitors that you are a god. That is a Satanic job.
Just my opinion.

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#27428 - 02/22/04 01:08 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: MarquisDeSade]
Bumbly3 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Midlands UK
I would say it depends on whether the Satanist either lived to work or worked to live. Some Satanist build their lives around their career or business, others manage to utilise their business sense with a healthy social life, whilst others prefer to work a dead end job, so that they can concentrate on a hobby or passion that could not keep them off the social.

But if I had to pick one occupation over all others then it would be Sales. Be it for a company, or the individual Satanist selling their own skills or works.

#27429 - 02/22/04 02:25 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
My towel-boy.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#27430 - 02/22/04 03:24 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: SilverHammer]
Asmedious Offline

Quote:

It is of no consequence to a Satanist what other Satanists do for a living

It is no consequence, but I'd still like to know.

#27431 - 02/22/04 03:40 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I think it's in the eye of the beholder. I would guess that any job could qualify as being Satanic, as long as the Satanist enjoys that job.

#27432 - 02/22/04 04:09 PM The WRITER [Re: Asmedious]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
A Writer is the best career choice I can think of. Mostly because it is so unlike any other profession. Be they writers of fiction, freelance, or journalist, there is no one quite like the Writer.

Writers get paid for their ideas. They are paid to put them down on paper, how amazing is that? Writers can usually make their own hours, arrange their own workstations, and truly be their own boss.

In most other careers, a person is paid for how well they can do a job for someone else. They are worker bees, working for the benefit of someone they could probably care less about. I can't stand that lifestyle.

With the exception of most journalists and some freelancers, this is also true. Fiction writers have a bit more leg room.

No one remembers accountants. As important they are, not many people remember them after they're gone. People remember the Fitzgeralds, the Kings, the Steinbecks. A Writer's goal, spoken or unspoken, is to be immortalized.

Hmmm, there are a few Writers I can think of offhand who have some very interesting views on a Writer and his motives. Anyone ever read Nick Tosches?

#27433 - 02/22/04 04:29 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
I think a "Satanic" job is whatever a Satanist applies himself to and excells at.

A Satanist can be self-employed, or a corporate climber. It doesn't really matter.

I work for someone else, but I enjoy my work and I am really good at it. It brings in the bacon, I have little to no stress with my avenue of employment. I can easily maintain my "bubble" of isolation if I so desire.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#27434 - 02/22/04 04:52 PM Warning. [Re: Asmedious]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Please remember this is the internet and posting here is like placing an ad on the front page of the New York Times.

I would suggest it is unwise to post your name, street address, and social security number here amongst other things.

Discussing occupational and professional choices and potential futures is a worthy topic.

Offering personal demographic information may not be.

Think.

#27435 - 02/22/04 05:45 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
From my time on this board, I would guess that many CoS members are independent businessmen (Rememberm Bel'ial means "without a master"), or else are pursuing careers that champion creativity-painters, writers, musicians, and the like. Just realize that one Satanist's dream job is quite likely another Satanist's nightmare.
Any occupation in which you can excel and demonstrate your skills is a worthy one. If you want to be a mechanic, be the best damn mechanic on the block. Learn to replace transmissions and do brake jobs better than anyone you know. If you want to be a salesman, hone your skills to the highest degree until you have the customer eating out of the palm of your hand. If you want to be a chef, prepare the best meals on the planet and settle for nothing less. If you are a musician, learn your instrument inside and out and practice until you can't get any better.
If you meet someone who's better than you are at what you do, find out his secret and use it to your advantage.
On a personal note, I've only held a couple of no-brainer jobs that had no appeal to me other than a paycheck. But even in a hellhole like Jiffy Lube (where I used to work), I had coworkers who were working to be the best of the best, so they could claw their way up the corporate ladder. I have the utmost respect people who take pride in their work, no matter how stupid and meaningless it appears to someone else.

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#27436 - 02/22/04 06:10 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Perndog Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Quote:

I'm more of a Hedonist then a Satanist, being that I don't believe in the worshipping of any entity.

Are you familiar with the Satanic perspective on worship?

To answer your question, no one else can tell you what you will enjoy. I'm a musician; living as, for example, a writer would result in endless frustration and no satisfaction for me, while for some writers out there the same would apply to a music career. It's a matter of your personal preference, not which field is the most Satanic.

#27437 - 02/22/04 07:58 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I'm setting up to be in sales, and I've done such jobs in the past as well. My mother has been a hair dresser and manager of several high profile hair salons in my life, so that pretty much comes natural to me and I often find myself working jobs like that at places like JCPennies and such. I've been taking classes such as marketing and accounting to get ready to major in business adminstration to make sure I have the abilities to own my own business in the future. It puts me in control, just the place I like to be.

#27438 - 02/22/04 08:54 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Anonymous
Unregistered

There have been times in my life where I've been more of a free agent. I would certainly like to get back into the position of being my own boss. For now, however, I'm content enough working as a Hotel Night Auditor.

It puts me on my desired schedule of staying up through the night (something I've done since I was a young child) and it also has many opportunities, hours at a time, for allowing work on my own projects while "on the clock". I've been able to finish several illustrations and graphic art projects there in the back room during the slow and creeping hours of the night when no one else is stirring.

#27439 - 02/22/04 09:14 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
In my personal opinion, a full realized Satanist would not need to have a job. He would own the business and others would work for him.

Also, a freelance artist who manages to make a good life directly of his talent and creativity is my ideal of perfect Satanic accomplishment.

Of course, that doesn’t mean every Satanist has the same goals, or that all of them are at the same level in the process to reach it.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements