Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#27440 - 02/22/04 11:26 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Anonymous
Unregistered

My wife gives me a good "job" now and then...

#27441 - 02/23/04 12:03 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I'm in an apprenticeship to become an Electrician. I love using my hands. A hard day of work is self-rewarding, especially when I get that pay check.

Most people tend to ignore trades and go start for the more common less physical jobs. I would say that trades where the demand is high are a great career. If you like hands on work that pays well than a trade in either plumbing or electrical fields are good. I just find the electrical side more fun.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#27442 - 02/23/04 12:07 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Discipline]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I knew a man once who was both a plumber and an electrician. One day he accidentally fitted a tap to a plug socket...

#27443 - 02/23/04 12:12 AM Re: Satanic Jobs
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Ouch. He most have been under a lot of stress to make that no no.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#27444 - 02/23/04 12:17 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Sparky_Eyes Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tampa Bay
Your profile states:

Quote:

I'm more of a Hedonist then a Satanist, being that I don't believe in the worshipping of any entity. The only thing that I honestly feel passionate about is personal freedom.

Since you're not a Satanist, (but wear a baphomet?), and can't seem to understand that Satanists do not equal devil worshipers, why are you bothering to ask members of a Satanic message board their opinions on careers? You probably won't get it, since you haven't grasped 101 yet to begin with.

#27445 - 02/23/04 01:00 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Maybe what he means by that is that he cannot find the inner strength to worship himself, but still respects personal freedom.

#27446 - 02/23/04 01:01 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Infiltration of a worthy market, working efficiently and effectively therein for a period of time and always by my standards (which I keep higher than most require), and claiming it for my own over the shortest amount of time. Then molding it to my wishes, and crushing the competition.

Running clock for current market: Six months
Current status: General Manager climbed from lower office clerk. Filled with double the salary, benefits, etc.

So in closing, find what you want, collect the means to get it, and let nothing stop you from bettering your life. No one is going to do it for you. So get moving, or get the hell out of the way.

Damn it's good to be me.

"...be sure of what it is you want when calling on these beings of fire, for they will remove or destroy any obstacle blocking them from their intended goal."

Ave Vita!

Solomon

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#27447 - 02/23/04 01:43 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Foxred Offline

Loc: .
It is very simple. Those are the jobs that do not attract chritians. Phone sex line (can make millions), adult toy shops, lube factory, etc., etc.

#27448 - 02/23/04 01:52 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Foxred]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
That is really one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Because Christians dislike something, it must be Satanic?

I guess that makes Wiccans Satanic.

Grow a brain.

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#27449 - 02/23/04 05:48 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: SilverHammer]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
Exactly sir, I am a Restaurant Manager and for many this job would be a nightmare but I actually enjoy doing a thousand things at once while dealing with less than genius level employees as well as dealing with customers whose brains are temporarily on shutdown.
It's quite the challenge to keep them all happy but I'm one of the best in the business because I like it and have found the secret of foodservice Management" Don't ever stress."
Darkest greetings all
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27451 - 02/23/04 12:55 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Foxred]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
I should start a Christian rock band. Or maybe open up a bible shop that also sells little ceramic god ornaments.

Making money off of a susceptible person is very Satanic. A know a lot of Christians must have gone to the circus. Ever hear the old saying that a sucker is born every minute?

Good stuff.

#27452 - 02/23/04 01:17 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

I think that as far as "work" and the Satanist are concerned, it's all about doing what you are capable of doing and continuing to improve upon that , as well as what "work" makes you not necessarily happy, but content.

Contrary to the apparent stereotype (that a Satanist just sits back watching money roll in while everyone under them is busily working for them), I believe a Satanist works hard...very initiative and relentless to the task at hand. Nothing laborious, but getting your hands dirty when you need to. Doing what is supposed to get done. It's just that simple.

#27453 - 02/23/04 04:15 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Perndog]
Asmedious Offline

Quote:

Are you familiar with the Satanic perspective on worship?

I sure am

#27454 - 02/23/04 04:21 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Discipline]
Asmedious Offline

Quote:

Maybe what he means by that is that he cannot find the inner strength to worship himself, but still respects personal freedom.

Something like that. I may not worship myself, but I Looooveee me

#27455 - 02/23/04 04:23 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Solomon]
Asmedious Offline

Quote:

So get moving, or get the hell out of the way.

Hmmmm, has someone been reading Ayn Rand lately?

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406072 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements