Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#27456 - 02/23/04 04:59 PM Rand and Me [Re: Asmedious]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
No, but if that's the connotation behind her books, I may pick one up for review, since I have read none of her works. Alas, this is not Books & Magazines section, so...

END

#27457 - 02/24/04 02:39 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Bogey_Man]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Sounds like a plan.

Perhaps we should throw a few medleys together. We could bilk millions from the morons! Just look at Creed and Evanesance!(sic)

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#27458 - 02/24/04 06:17 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
Well it's not my place to judge the Satanicness of another person because Satanism is a religion of the individual.I DO WORSHIP MYSELF TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY. I guess loving yourself is good enough for some but my Ego needs worship from me.
If others wish to worship me that is good as well,and there are a few that do but I'm sure that most Satanists have a few"worshipers", hangers on , etc......
Darkest greetings sir
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27459 - 02/24/04 11:43 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Bumbly3]
VarlaSinnz Offline

Cos Priestess

I don't think that there is a specific "Satanic Job"other than the fact that a true Satanist "works smart not hard"
The most important thing in life is to enjoy it, don't waste your time slaving away at a job you hate just so you can impress someone with a car or house...

#27460 - 02/25/04 10:45 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Bogey_Man]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

Loc: Houston, Texas
Strange observation:
I read that Abraham sold god statues to the babylonians to make money. I think it was Abraham, anyway. hmmmm!

Glory

#27461 - 02/25/04 10:52 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: Bogey_Man]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

I think this is true, also...but, its also a job that one must work at with little money for awhile. The herd mind cant take in what we would really like to write, and to have to write down to their level may be fun for monetary gain, but not for Satanic values.
TO me, the writer would have to seek out 'ways' to get into the mainstream, through more subversive methods.
Then again, to have other ways of gaining money and clout is imperative, anyway.
Glory

#27462 - 02/25/04 11:03 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: GloryS9]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

It was, and it seems he found a more lucrative venture. He created a "real" god and started a new religion of which he was the first great high priest. Ingenius.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27463 - 02/25/04 02:39 PM Re: The WRITER [Re: GloryS9]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
I don't think there's any rule prohibiting what a Satanist can and can't write. Or even what he can enjoy writing.

The "herd" likes a good horror story. The "herd" loves a steamy romance. A Writer just has to work with his genre, decide what sells, and write, write, write.

Most Writers can tell you that they would keep writing even if they weren't paid for it. Quite simply --we have to.

It's all pretty fun!

#27464 - 02/26/04 01:08 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: VarlaSinnz]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I don't think that there is a specific "Satanic Job"other than the fact that a true Satanist "works smart not hard"
The most important thing in life is to enjoy it, don't waste your time slaving away at a job you hate just so you can impress someone with a car or house...

Agreed. Any job you enjoy personally is the most desiarable.
"Happy is the man whom is paid for his hobbys"

#27465 - 02/26/04 04:06 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Spitt Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Myself, I enjoy teaching kids. Not only is it not work--I'm literally payed to play--but it allows me to extend my influence to a receptive audience, and one naturally inclined to accept it. Not that I openly espouse satanism, but I do encourage individual expression (as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else), creativity, and achievement. If you're still not sure what you're looking for, I think Stephen King said it best: you've got to take that part of you that always gets you into trouble and make it work for you. With me it was always doing things my way & clowning around. The kids love me. A few of the other teachers think I'm weird, but I'm not there for them.

#27466 - 02/26/04 06:42 PM Time compression [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
Flavius Offline
CoS Member

Loc: BridgePort
I was in the Hotel management gig for about fifteen years myself. You (and all the poor waits, bussers, dishdogs, and especially line cooks) out there have my eternal respect. Isn't it amazing how an eight hour dinner shift can last twenty minutes? The only hard part is coming down...

#27467 - 02/26/04 07:05 PM Re: Time compression [Re: Flavius]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Yes it is. Especially when it's a "customers have gone insane day".Thanks
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27468 - 02/27/04 09:23 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: Bogey_Man]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

I see what you are saying there, but I know that at least here in Houston, its pretty difficult to get someone to pay for something that is powerful. They are pretty fearful of it all. I find that I have to be subversive in what I write, for my own safety. Xians are dangerous creeps, its for sure...and it is fun and very enlightening, to learn HOW to find what I need, and to say what I want without my enemy being aware.
I think I could just write anything at all for the money, like abraham making idols for Babylonians, and make lots of money off the herd; but my nature is to be more powerful, and truer to myself than that. I want to speak my heart. The higher creature will understand, and the herd will be no wiser...but maybe, more enslaved.
I don't berate anyone for making money off of them, but I just love to 'eat them alive', so to speak, and make them smile the whole time, none the wiser!
Glory

Edited by GloryS9 (02/27/04 09:29 AM)

#27469 - 02/27/04 10:09 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: GloryS9]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

I am somewhat of a writer. I love to write what I call Dark Fantasy, I've had xtians read my work and enjoy it even though it comes complete with demons, vampires and the like. I've never made a cent from it but I love to do it and my small audience here seems to like it so I'm cool with that.
Then there are the fundies who freak on it like my mom, but hey I'm not doing for a living (yet) so to the 9th Hell with them.
Darkest greetings
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27470 - 02/27/04 10:14 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
Quote:

I've never made a cent from it but I love to do it and my small audience here seems to like it so I'm cool with that.

That is a great thing. The serious Writers you will meet could probably tell you that they would continue to do what they do even if they weren't paid to do so. Even if they were persecuted for it.

We're all a little bit nuts.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43975 Topics
406010 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements