Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#27486 - 03/18/04 05:25 PM Re: Rand and Me
Dracul Offline

Loc: Romania
I don't think that it's satanic to have 2 or 3 jobs.
For myself I prefer no job at all ...but since this can't be done ...I prefer to be "a business man", to deal in anything ...if there are good money comming out of it.

Also, too much work is not good since it leaves you too little time to enjoy the results of it.

And, after I saw a post before mine, I will ask you the same question since I think it's relevant ...What about 8 jobs? (...it could be more satanic that 1 or 2 or 3)

No offence ...but think of it and don't work to hard ...just win money.

#27487 - 03/18/04 05:48 PM Re: Rand and Me
Lamar Offline

Loc: GA, U.S.A
Work 2 or 3 jobs? Sounds more Masochistic than Satanic to me.

I have no doubt that there are times when it might be needed for survival and all but on the whole I dont think having more than one job is Satanic.

My view would be to have one job in which you worked hard to reach the top with a good competative edge. This would be better than spreading your energies through 2+ jobs and not getting very far in any one.
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is just a dream, live now! Stop worrying. Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday Only Trust your enemies, you already know they want you dead. "I am the one, the only one, I am the God of Kindom Come, gimme the prize! Just gimme the prize!" (Queen, its a kinda magic) Take the Hecatomb TCG What Is Your Doom? quiz. Your doom is destruction! You live to tear down what others have built. Explosions bring tears of joy to your eyes. Nothing is more pleasing than the moans of your victims and the lamentations of those left in your wake. You think Genghis Khan was an amateur. "Im actually rather Proud of this outcome"

#27488 - 03/18/04 07:29 PM Re: Rand and Me [Re: Dracul]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree. It's better just to have one job were you can move up into a better position and make the same amount as you could at 2 jobs. Although it's sometimes needed at the lower levels to give a person income.

#27489 - 03/29/04 05:07 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Felstorm]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Evanessance is Xtian?!? Oh shit, I was listening to them when they were underground, I just love the chicks voice. Oh well time to listen to more of My Ruin with such great tracks as Masochrist.

DatheR

#27490 - 03/29/04 11:35 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: GloryS9]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Although I understand what you're saying about dumbing down, it's undoubtedly a very effective way of getting your own ideas into the heads of others. I liken it to lacing somebody's drink - they don't know what they're taking in when they read/listen/eat/drink. Although I'm not a fan at all, Marilyn Manson is to be admired for being able to market arsenic as cotton candy for the masses.
Quote:

I want to speak my heart. The higher creature will understand, and the herd will be no wiser...but maybe, more enslaved.

Precisely. Speak your heart in such a way that you'll have your hand up the collective herd's ass.

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#27491 - 03/29/04 11:37 AM Re: The MUSICIAN [Re: Bogey_Man]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

That is a great thing. The serious Writers you will meet could probably tell you that they would continue to do what they do even if they weren't paid to do so. Even if they were persecuted for it.

We're all a little bit nuts.

It's like us musicians and songwriters. Even if I weren't in a band right now, I'd just tool around in my studio and make music solely for my pleasure. If others like it, great. If not, then it would be inconsequential.

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#27492 - 03/29/04 11:53 AM Re: Satanic Jobs
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Evanescence is a band of xtians, rather than a xtian band. There is a difference. It would be the same as a band where all the members were card-carrying members of the CoS - that wouldn't necessarily make the band "Satanic" (although it could very well be Satanic in the truest sense of the word).

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#27493 - 03/29/04 11:57 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Foxred]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

I know a lot of Christians that are into phone sex and/or sex toys. Repression leads to compulsion. Reread what Dr. LaVey says about the guys who went to the burlesque shows on Saturday night and repented on Sunday morning at church. Institutions like the 'adult entertainment' industry THRIVES on Christian repression and subsequent compulsion.

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#27494 - 03/29/04 01:43 PM Re: Satanic Jobs
Haras Offline

Loc: Shropshire, England
I have to agree with Sanctuary about being mum!
It is surely the most rewarding, if not a bit stressful job that there is going. The pay is lousy and the hours are long but the unconditional love that your child gives you is a benefit thats worth more than any amount of money.
However, I did work as a nurse for quite a while and although I liked my work I felt the need to move on to something else. Now I work in a casting house with precious metals and I find the work both rewarding and challenging, so I guess I made the right move

#27495 - 03/29/04 02:44 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Solomon]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If only say going to college or university could be a job. For one thing whatever you do is helping you to get further on in life, you get to study lots and you get to have fun with your friends all the time. It's seem to me from viewing other people that they do the jobs they do for money mainly. Some actually like the jobs they do, some like the jobs they do but hate the people they do it with and some have it good both ways.
When your at college it doesn't seem to get mundane at all. Also there is something to be said just for the time of life your at when your going to college or uni. Everybody wants to have a good time, everybody is full of loads of hopes and aspirations.
If you live at home like me you get everything paid for. If you go to uni and live in student halls you can make all sorts of friends, from different areas, different interests. It's like starting afresh again from college.
I actually know people who stayed on to do their PHD not for it's worth but just because they didn't want to go to work!!

#27496 - 03/29/04 09:02 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Discipline]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If your objective is to survive and maybe thrive in the jungle I agree that learning a trade is good and for now safe choice. I don't see trades work being farmed out to India or China anytime soon. For example, if someone's pipes need fixing, or if someone needs a deck built, then for now someone here will have to do the work.

In my opinion the best profession to get into is "business" because only in business are you going to be at the mercy of the law of the jungle which we also refer to as the market. You can get into this field either as an entrepreneur or get a job as a salesperson in a company. If you are good you will make lots of money which you can use to lavish yourself with all the things you no doubt believe you deserve. If you suck then you will perish, and rigthly so.

I have been in sales a few years and it's nice to know that any pretender will not last long.

#27497 - 03/30/04 03:23 PM Re: Satanic Jobs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some people are actually chosing to say be a plumber just because at the moment there is a huge gap in the market and they get paid well.
For example i was reading an article in the paper and this man was a researcher at a university. The stuff he had done was important and he was well respected but because of the pay he moved into being an electrician( trained up) and does that instead now for the money. I imagine other people are also making the same choice. When my teacher say get's someone over to fix something he is earning more then she is. The good pay may not last but at the moment people are doing well. Thats just because no one wants to do it anymore everyone wants to do a white collar job now, no one wants to get their hands dirty so to speak.
I have to admit personally i wouldn't do it it's just not for me but if you like it then why not?

Edited by acertainage (03/30/04 03:29 PM)

#27498 - 03/30/04 08:18 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
GoldenCalf Offline

Loc: Huntsville, Alabama
99% of jobs are grim obligations necessary for getting food on the table. A Satanic job is anything you can tolerate long enough to get the paycheck.
"I am elite because I am not on welfare. I am elite because I ritually sacrificed my television set and bombed a McDonald's. I am perfect. I'm the REAL Satanist here, and you're just a useless pathetic piece of shit herdling. You disgust me." --the hopelessly ego-deprived jackass

#27499 - 03/30/04 09:38 PM Re: The WRITER [Re: Bogey_Man]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
It is true that writers seem to have more freedoms from schedules and regulations, but it is not true that writers are free from schedules and regulations.

If a writer is to be paid...a fundamental requisite of writing being a job and not some one-off hobby...deadlines are set, word count must be figured, content, structure and the ability to state clearly within set limits are all forms of work that writers must exhibit control over, poetic license nonetheless.

Rejection. Slow Momentum. Creative Constipation. Half-Assed Critics and their evil cousin, The Well Versed Critic Who Is Always Right. Moody Interns Who Lose Manuscripts. The Slush Pile and the Round File. Plain Old Bad Writin'; the previous and many more left unmentioned are killers of writers and writings.

It is true that writers have some mythic proportions placed upon them by the public at large, but that only comes after some serious HARD WORK, and success. Until the work is done a writer is just a dabbler, and if some measure of success is not garnered from the effort, no one pays out...a good read is just that, and until proven as such, well...it just does not pay all that well.

I would say being a writer is self gratifying, but it needs something more to be lucrative.

It is never easy, just ask any at the top of the heap.

#27500 - 03/31/04 06:02 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Eric_Flu Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Computers. Anything to do with trouble shooting or networking. Most everyone has a computer question of some sort. Do what you enjoy.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406358 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements