Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#27425 - 02/22/04 12:42 PM Satanic Jobs
Asmedious Offline

Are there jobs that attract Satanists more then other types of employment. I'm sure self employment is on top of the list, but what else? Right now I'm trying to switch careers and I'm curious as to what some successful Satanists are doing. By successful, I mean jobs that they enjoy, not just what makes them money. I'm a nurse, and hate it, so it's time to move on.

#27426 - 02/22/04 12:45 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
MarquisDeSade Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Van Buren, AR
Sales

-Mae West

#27427 - 02/22/04 01:02 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
It is of no consequence to a Satanist what other Satanists do for a living. Satanists are mechanics, authors, business owners, salespersons, engineers, plumbers and police officers. What separates a Satanist from the rest is how he chooses and approaches his occupation.
Discover what it is you enjoy and excel at--don't worry what others think about your choice. Practice and study until you can do it better than anyone else. Show your competitors that you are a god. That is a Satanic job.
Just my opinion.

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#27428 - 02/22/04 01:08 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: MarquisDeSade]
Bumbly3 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Midlands UK
I would say it depends on whether the Satanist either lived to work or worked to live. Some Satanist build their lives around their career or business, others manage to utilise their business sense with a healthy social life, whilst others prefer to work a dead end job, so that they can concentrate on a hobby or passion that could not keep them off the social.

But if I had to pick one occupation over all others then it would be Sales. Be it for a company, or the individual Satanist selling their own skills or works.

#27429 - 02/22/04 02:25 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
My towel-boy.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#27430 - 02/22/04 03:24 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: SilverHammer]
Asmedious Offline

Quote:

It is of no consequence to a Satanist what other Satanists do for a living

It is no consequence, but I'd still like to know.

#27431 - 02/22/04 03:40 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I think it's in the eye of the beholder. I would guess that any job could qualify as being Satanic, as long as the Satanist enjoys that job.

#27432 - 02/22/04 04:09 PM The WRITER [Re: Asmedious]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
A Writer is the best career choice I can think of. Mostly because it is so unlike any other profession. Be they writers of fiction, freelance, or journalist, there is no one quite like the Writer.

Writers get paid for their ideas. They are paid to put them down on paper, how amazing is that? Writers can usually make their own hours, arrange their own workstations, and truly be their own boss.

In most other careers, a person is paid for how well they can do a job for someone else. They are worker bees, working for the benefit of someone they could probably care less about. I can't stand that lifestyle.

With the exception of most journalists and some freelancers, this is also true. Fiction writers have a bit more leg room.

No one remembers accountants. As important they are, not many people remember them after they're gone. People remember the Fitzgeralds, the Kings, the Steinbecks. A Writer's goal, spoken or unspoken, is to be immortalized.

Hmmm, there are a few Writers I can think of offhand who have some very interesting views on a Writer and his motives. Anyone ever read Nick Tosches?

#27433 - 02/22/04 04:29 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
I think a "Satanic" job is whatever a Satanist applies himself to and excells at.

A Satanist can be self-employed, or a corporate climber. It doesn't really matter.

I work for someone else, but I enjoy my work and I am really good at it. It brings in the bacon, I have little to no stress with my avenue of employment. I can easily maintain my "bubble" of isolation if I so desire.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#27434 - 02/22/04 04:52 PM Warning. [Re: Asmedious]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Please remember this is the internet and posting here is like placing an ad on the front page of the New York Times.

I would suggest it is unwise to post your name, street address, and social security number here amongst other things.

Discussing occupational and professional choices and potential futures is a worthy topic.

Offering personal demographic information may not be.

Think.

#27435 - 02/22/04 05:45 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

From my time on this board, I would guess that many CoS members are independent businessmen (Rememberm Bel'ial means "without a master"), or else are pursuing careers that champion creativity-painters, writers, musicians, and the like. Just realize that one Satanist's dream job is quite likely another Satanist's nightmare.
Any occupation in which you can excel and demonstrate your skills is a worthy one. If you want to be a mechanic, be the best damn mechanic on the block. Learn to replace transmissions and do brake jobs better than anyone you know. If you want to be a salesman, hone your skills to the highest degree until you have the customer eating out of the palm of your hand. If you want to be a chef, prepare the best meals on the planet and settle for nothing less. If you are a musician, learn your instrument inside and out and practice until you can't get any better.
If you meet someone who's better than you are at what you do, find out his secret and use it to your advantage.
On a personal note, I've only held a couple of no-brainer jobs that had no appeal to me other than a paycheck. But even in a hellhole like Jiffy Lube (where I used to work), I had coworkers who were working to be the best of the best, so they could claw their way up the corporate ladder. I have the utmost respect people who take pride in their work, no matter how stupid and meaningless it appears to someone else.

#27436 - 02/22/04 06:10 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Perndog Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I'm more of a Hedonist then a Satanist, being that I don't believe in the worshipping of any entity.

Are you familiar with the Satanic perspective on worship?

To answer your question, no one else can tell you what you will enjoy. I'm a musician; living as, for example, a writer would result in endless frustration and no satisfaction for me, while for some writers out there the same would apply to a music career. It's a matter of your personal preference, not which field is the most Satanic.

#27437 - 02/22/04 07:58 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I'm setting up to be in sales, and I've done such jobs in the past as well. My mother has been a hair dresser and manager of several high profile hair salons in my life, so that pretty much comes natural to me and I often find myself working jobs like that at places like JCPennies and such. I've been taking classes such as marketing and accounting to get ready to major in business adminstration to make sure I have the abilities to own my own business in the future. It puts me in control, just the place I like to be.

#27438 - 02/22/04 08:54 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Anonymous
Unregistered

There have been times in my life where I've been more of a free agent. I would certainly like to get back into the position of being my own boss. For now, however, I'm content enough working as a Hotel Night Auditor.

It puts me on my desired schedule of staying up through the night (something I've done since I was a young child) and it also has many opportunities, hours at a time, for allowing work on my own projects while "on the clock". I've been able to finish several illustrations and graphic art projects there in the back room during the slow and creeping hours of the night when no one else is stirring.

#27439 - 02/22/04 09:14 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
In my personal opinion, a full realized Satanist would not need to have a job. He would own the business and others would work for him.

Also, a freelance artist who manages to make a good life directly of his talent and creativity is my ideal of perfect Satanic accomplishment.

Of course, that doesn’t mean every Satanist has the same goals, or that all of them are at the same level in the process to reach it.

#27440 - 02/22/04 11:26 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Anonymous
Unregistered

My wife gives me a good "job" now and then...

#27441 - 02/23/04 12:03 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I'm in an apprenticeship to become an Electrician. I love using my hands. A hard day of work is self-rewarding, especially when I get that pay check.

Most people tend to ignore trades and go start for the more common less physical jobs. I would say that trades where the demand is high are a great career. If you like hands on work that pays well than a trade in either plumbing or electrical fields are good. I just find the electrical side more fun.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#27442 - 02/23/04 12:07 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Discipline]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I knew a man once who was both a plumber and an electrician. One day he accidentally fitted a tap to a plug socket...

#27443 - 02/23/04 12:12 AM Re: Satanic Jobs
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Ouch. He most have been under a lot of stress to make that no no.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#27444 - 02/23/04 12:17 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Sparky_Eyes Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tampa Bay
Your profile states:

Quote:

I'm more of a Hedonist then a Satanist, being that I don't believe in the worshipping of any entity. The only thing that I honestly feel passionate about is personal freedom.

Since you're not a Satanist, (but wear a baphomet?), and can't seem to understand that Satanists do not equal devil worshipers, why are you bothering to ask members of a Satanic message board their opinions on careers? You probably won't get it, since you haven't grasped 101 yet to begin with.

#27445 - 02/23/04 01:00 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Maybe what he means by that is that he cannot find the inner strength to worship himself, but still respects personal freedom.

#27446 - 02/23/04 01:01 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Infiltration of a worthy market, working efficiently and effectively therein for a period of time and always by my standards (which I keep higher than most require), and claiming it for my own over the shortest amount of time. Then molding it to my wishes, and crushing the competition.

Running clock for current market: Six months
Current status: General Manager climbed from lower office clerk. Filled with double the salary, benefits, etc.

So in closing, find what you want, collect the means to get it, and let nothing stop you from bettering your life. No one is going to do it for you. So get moving, or get the hell out of the way.

Damn it's good to be me.

"...be sure of what it is you want when calling on these beings of fire, for they will remove or destroy any obstacle blocking them from their intended goal."

Ave Vita!

Solomon

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#27447 - 02/23/04 01:43 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Foxred Offline

Loc: .
It is very simple. Those are the jobs that do not attract chritians. Phone sex line (can make millions), adult toy shops, lube factory, etc., etc.

#27448 - 02/23/04 01:52 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Foxred]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

That is really one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Because Christians dislike something, it must be Satanic?

I guess that makes Wiccans Satanic.

Grow a brain.

#27449 - 02/23/04 05:48 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: SilverHammer]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
Exactly sir, I am a Restaurant Manager and for many this job would be a nightmare but I actually enjoy doing a thousand things at once while dealing with less than genius level employees as well as dealing with customers whose brains are temporarily on shutdown.
It's quite the challenge to keep them all happy but I'm one of the best in the business because I like it and have found the secret of foodservice Management" Don't ever stress."
Darkest greetings all
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27451 - 02/23/04 12:55 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Foxred]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

I should start a Christian rock band. Or maybe open up a bible shop that also sells little ceramic god ornaments.

Making money off of a susceptible person is very Satanic. A know a lot of Christians must have gone to the circus. Ever hear the old saying that a sucker is born every minute?

Good stuff.

#27452 - 02/23/04 01:17 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

I think that as far as "work" and the Satanist are concerned, it's all about doing what you are capable of doing and continuing to improve upon that , as well as what "work" makes you not necessarily happy, but content.

Contrary to the apparent stereotype (that a Satanist just sits back watching money roll in while everyone under them is busily working for them), I believe a Satanist works hard...very initiative and relentless to the task at hand. Nothing laborious, but getting your hands dirty when you need to. Doing what is supposed to get done. It's just that simple.

#27453 - 02/23/04 04:15 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Perndog]
Asmedious Offline

Quote:

Are you familiar with the Satanic perspective on worship?

I sure am

#27454 - 02/23/04 04:21 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Discipline]
Asmedious Offline

Quote:

Maybe what he means by that is that he cannot find the inner strength to worship himself, but still respects personal freedom.

Something like that. I may not worship myself, but I Looooveee me

#27455 - 02/23/04 04:23 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Solomon]
Asmedious Offline

Quote:

So get moving, or get the hell out of the way.

Hmmmm, has someone been reading Ayn Rand lately?

#27456 - 02/23/04 04:59 PM Rand and Me [Re: Asmedious]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

No, but if that's the connotation behind her books, I may pick one up for review, since I have read none of her works. Alas, this is not Books & Magazines section, so...

END

#27457 - 02/24/04 02:39 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Bogey_Man]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Sounds like a plan.

Perhaps we should throw a few medleys together. We could bilk millions from the morons! Just look at Creed and Evanesance!(sic)

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#27458 - 02/24/04 06:17 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Well it's not my place to judge the Satanicness of another person because Satanism is a religion of the individual.I DO WORSHIP MYSELF TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY. I guess loving yourself is good enough for some but my Ego needs worship from me.
If others wish to worship me that is good as well,and there are a few that do but I'm sure that most Satanists have a few"worshipers", hangers on , etc......
Darkest greetings sir
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27459 - 02/24/04 11:43 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Bumbly3]
VarlaSinnz Offline

Cos Priestess

I don't think that there is a specific "Satanic Job"other than the fact that a true Satanist "works smart not hard"
The most important thing in life is to enjoy it, don't waste your time slaving away at a job you hate just so you can impress someone with a car or house...

#27460 - 02/25/04 10:45 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Bogey_Man]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

Loc: Houston, Texas
Strange observation:
I read that Abraham sold god statues to the babylonians to make money. I think it was Abraham, anyway. hmmmm!

Glory

#27461 - 02/25/04 10:52 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: Bogey_Man]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

I think this is true, also...but, its also a job that one must work at with little money for awhile. The herd mind cant take in what we would really like to write, and to have to write down to their level may be fun for monetary gain, but not for Satanic values.
TO me, the writer would have to seek out 'ways' to get into the mainstream, through more subversive methods.
Then again, to have other ways of gaining money and clout is imperative, anyway.
Glory

#27462 - 02/25/04 11:03 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: GloryS9]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

It was, and it seems he found a more lucrative venture. He created a "real" god and started a new religion of which he was the first great high priest. Ingenius.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27463 - 02/25/04 02:39 PM Re: The WRITER [Re: GloryS9]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

I don't think there's any rule prohibiting what a Satanist can and can't write. Or even what he can enjoy writing.

The "herd" likes a good horror story. The "herd" loves a steamy romance. A Writer just has to work with his genre, decide what sells, and write, write, write.

Most Writers can tell you that they would keep writing even if they weren't paid for it. Quite simply --we have to.

It's all pretty fun!

#27464 - 02/26/04 01:08 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: VarlaSinnz]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I don't think that there is a specific "Satanic Job"other than the fact that a true Satanist "works smart not hard"
The most important thing in life is to enjoy it, don't waste your time slaving away at a job you hate just so you can impress someone with a car or house...

Agreed. Any job you enjoy personally is the most desiarable.
"Happy is the man whom is paid for his hobbys"

#27465 - 02/26/04 04:06 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Spitt Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Myself, I enjoy teaching kids. Not only is it not work--I'm literally payed to play--but it allows me to extend my influence to a receptive audience, and one naturally inclined to accept it. Not that I openly espouse satanism, but I do encourage individual expression (as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else), creativity, and achievement. If you're still not sure what you're looking for, I think Stephen King said it best: you've got to take that part of you that always gets you into trouble and make it work for you. With me it was always doing things my way & clowning around. The kids love me. A few of the other teachers think I'm weird, but I'm not there for them.

#27466 - 02/26/04 06:42 PM Time compression [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
Flavius Offline
CoS Member

Loc: BridgePort
I was in the Hotel management gig for about fifteen years myself. You (and all the poor waits, bussers, dishdogs, and especially line cooks) out there have my eternal respect. Isn't it amazing how an eight hour dinner shift can last twenty minutes? The only hard part is coming down...

#27467 - 02/26/04 07:05 PM Re: Time compression [Re: Flavius]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Yes it is. Especially when it's a "customers have gone insane day".Thanks
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27468 - 02/27/04 09:23 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: Bogey_Man]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

I see what you are saying there, but I know that at least here in Houston, its pretty difficult to get someone to pay for something that is powerful. They are pretty fearful of it all. I find that I have to be subversive in what I write, for my own safety. Xians are dangerous creeps, its for sure...and it is fun and very enlightening, to learn HOW to find what I need, and to say what I want without my enemy being aware.
I think I could just write anything at all for the money, like abraham making idols for Babylonians, and make lots of money off the herd; but my nature is to be more powerful, and truer to myself than that. I want to speak my heart. The higher creature will understand, and the herd will be no wiser...but maybe, more enslaved.
I don't berate anyone for making money off of them, but I just love to 'eat them alive', so to speak, and make them smile the whole time, none the wiser!
Glory

Edited by GloryS9 (02/27/04 09:29 AM)

#27469 - 02/27/04 10:09 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: GloryS9]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

I am somewhat of a writer. I love to write what I call Dark Fantasy, I've had xtians read my work and enjoy it even though it comes complete with demons, vampires and the like. I've never made a cent from it but I love to do it and my small audience here seems to like it so I'm cool with that.
Then there are the fundies who freak on it like my mom, but hey I'm not doing for a living (yet) so to the 9th Hell with them.
Darkest greetings
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27470 - 02/27/04 10:14 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I've never made a cent from it but I love to do it and my small audience here seems to like it so I'm cool with that.

That is a great thing. The serious Writers you will meet could probably tell you that they would continue to do what they do even if they weren't paid to do so. Even if they were persecuted for it.

We're all a little bit nuts.

#27471 - 02/27/04 10:20 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: Bogey_Man]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Yes, my mother reminds me of that fact every time I speak to her " Dave your warped" I just say "thanks mom" and smile. It frustrates the shit out of her but that's why I do it(writing) because I love it, if I get published one day that would be great but I guess I'll do it forever.
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27472 - 02/27/04 10:47 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Bumbly3]
Doogie Offline
CoS Member

Loc: London, England
I'm not sure I like the "live to work" bit. Work hard to get the pennies, and live well… but as much as I enjoy my work I have no plans on involving it in my Total Environment. Work is a means to an end. It allows you the opportunity to gather wealth and possessions, (a healthy dose of greed and want cant hurt!), and even the odd ego boost from herd incompetents can be amusing.

Hail Satan!

#27473 - 02/27/04 11:25 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
BurningJayde Offline

Quote:

Yes, my mother reminds me of that fact every time I speak to her " Dave your warped"

Fiction writers are some of the most eccentric and "warped" individuals. This is usually what makes their writing so alive, so real. And their characters are fleshed out to believable proportions.

My family is yet to understand me, but they appreciate that difference and respect it.

Do you ever let "strangers" read your work? I love a good Dark Fantasy piece

Edited by BurningJade (02/27/04 11:26 AM)

#27474 - 03/01/04 09:05 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

This has to be true of a writer. How else would we get better, more inventive, creative, if we didnt write. When I am inspired, I do my best work, but I also find that I am always evolving what I write into something better and, it takes a long time till I really am pleased.
Glory

#27475 - 03/02/04 06:37 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Doogie]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>I'm not sure I like the "live to work" bit. Work hard to
>get the pennies, and live well… but as much as I enjoy my
>work I have no plans on involving it in my Total
>Environment. Work is a means to an end.

I concur. I applaud those who can take their interests and passions and turn them into a source of income. But it doesn't follow that all of us who do otherwise are "slaves to the system". Actually, both of these extremes are just opposite ends of the same pole: the attitude that "career = life". Well, I simply don't subscribe to that equation.

I do like my job at times, and it does give me my prefered environment to work in (working alone at my own desk, not having to ever communicate with non-employees, free facilities, taking my breaks at any time I want). But my job is NOT my life! I certainly have my passions and personal projects; I just do them after working hours. And the sizeable paychecks I receive help fund those projects. I have no desire to be self-employed and/or live the "starving artist" life, and I'm no less of a Satanist for stating such.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#27476 - 03/03/04 03:02 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Bill_M]
Doogie Offline
CoS Member

Loc: London, England
>or live the 'Starving Artist' life

Damn right. There is nothing Satanic about dying a penniless nobody, who never achieved anything in their life.

HS!

#27477 - 03/11/04 04:51 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
K_Syn Offline

CoS Member

Loc: bonduel ,wisconSIN, USA
I like my job as a sanitation engineer (garbage man). I pick up recycling. The money isn't the best but I don't have a boss watching my every move. Plus there is alot of porn being thrown out there
Kevin Lynch
HAIL SATAN!

Visit The Source- Church of Satan

#27478 - 03/11/04 11:18 PM Publicity [Re: Asmedious]
CannibalSpirit Offline

Loc: Lima, Perú
I've worked in publicity for more than two years. I am still doing it and i love it.
The environment is very (extremely, i should say) competitive. Only for the strongest predators. Perfect for a satanist.

#27479 - 03/12/04 05:12 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
RobertE Offline

Loc: Michigan
I work for a small company, driving a tow truck doing private property impounds. My job is simple and straight forward, if someone parks in one of our properties without a permit, they're towed.

Considering the number of signs we have on each property, warning people they'll be towed, my job is to reward people's stupidity with financial pain. A very satisfying job at week's end.
There is no Hank. You are Karl. Make your own list as you see fit. Eat as many wieners as you want, any way you want, even with a large group of consenting individuals if you want! Take pride in your wiener-eating. Make up large, elaborate ceremonies revolving around the kissing of your own ass, having them photographed and videotaped by the media if possible.

#27480 - 03/12/04 01:55 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: RobertE]
CannibalSpirit Offline

Loc: Lima, Perú
Do you receive anything of what these stupid people pay afterwards?

#27481 - 03/12/04 07:08 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: CannibalSpirit]
RobertE Offline

Loc: Michigan
I receive a percentage of the tow cost. I feel like a pirate sometimes
There is no Hank. You are Karl. Make your own list as you see fit. Eat as many wieners as you want, any way you want, even with a large group of consenting individuals if you want! Take pride in your wiener-eating. Make up large, elaborate ceremonies revolving around the kissing of your own ass, having them photographed and videotaped by the media if possible.

#27482 - 03/16/04 11:13 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The first and foremost job - mama.. which there isn't really any comparison, although I do want to cry sometimes The second - acupucture technician. Somehow relieving another person's stress tends to relieve my stress. It's a balanced act.

#27483 - 03/17/04 08:31 PM Re: Rand and Me [Re: Solomon]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know. My boyfriend got me this job that I think is pretty Satanic. I just now am finally able to work two jobs, one in the morning and one at night. I am currently looking for a third one to pay the rent at our apartment. I think it's Satanic to work two or three jobs.

#27484 - 03/17/04 09:59 PM Re: Rand and Me
Anonymous
Unregistered

Explain this to me: what logic leads you to think that having two or three jobs is more... "Satanic"... than just having one?

If you enjoy having 8 jobs, then good for you. You must enjoy the work. If you have 8 jobs to keep the bills paid, then good for you. You can fend for youself in this world by successfully holding down multiple jobs and getting the bills paid off. If you have only one job that keeps all the bills paid, then good for you, because you hold you own in this world, and you have spare time to pursue other avenues of personal pleasure.

I see the "Satanic" (aka, SMART) way of having a job is to enjoy the work, enjoy the pay, and enjoy the benfits.

Does having more than one job make a person more productive, and thus more "Satanic"? Nope. I could hold down 5 different jobs in various retail stores and fast-food joints, but it wouldn't make me a productive human being, just another cog in the machine made of sheep. I find that the way to productivity is to be productive in your own growth and development. Anything less is vile mediocrity! BLEH!

#27485 - 03/17/04 10:15 PM Re: Satanic Jobs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Accupuncture... HEH, who needs an effigy when you can just poke THE REAL THING!!!

I agree that being a stay-at-home mom is a job, often one which is exponentially harder to do than the most techinacal of skilled labor. After all, kids don't come with a manual. Keeping a watchful eye on a toddler can wear a person out more than performing robotic systematic labor in a factory assembly line. The bad part is that most people don't even remember this fact until Mother's Day rolls around, the time of year when they are expected to appreciate what moms do.

My hat's off to you momma's, you deserve more credit than you receive for all the work you do.

HAIL MOMMA!

#27486 - 03/18/04 05:25 PM Re: Rand and Me
Dracul Offline

Loc: Romania
I don't think that it's satanic to have 2 or 3 jobs.
For myself I prefer no job at all ...but since this can't be done ...I prefer to be "a business man", to deal in anything ...if there are good money comming out of it.

Also, too much work is not good since it leaves you too little time to enjoy the results of it.

And, after I saw a post before mine, I will ask you the same question since I think it's relevant ...What about 8 jobs? (...it could be more satanic that 1 or 2 or 3)

No offence ...but think of it and don't work to hard ...just win money.

#27487 - 03/18/04 05:48 PM Re: Rand and Me
Lamar Offline

Loc: GA, U.S.A
Work 2 or 3 jobs? Sounds more Masochistic than Satanic to me.

I have no doubt that there are times when it might be needed for survival and all but on the whole I dont think having more than one job is Satanic.

My view would be to have one job in which you worked hard to reach the top with a good competative edge. This would be better than spreading your energies through 2+ jobs and not getting very far in any one.
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is just a dream, live now! Stop worrying. Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday Only Trust your enemies, you already know they want you dead. "I am the one, the only one, I am the God of Kindom Come, gimme the prize! Just gimme the prize!" (Queen, its a kinda magic) Take the Hecatomb TCG What Is Your Doom? quiz. Your doom is destruction! You live to tear down what others have built. Explosions bring tears of joy to your eyes. Nothing is more pleasing than the moans of your victims and the lamentations of those left in your wake. You think Genghis Khan was an amateur. "Im actually rather Proud of this outcome"

#27488 - 03/18/04 07:29 PM Re: Rand and Me [Re: Dracul]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree. It's better just to have one job were you can move up into a better position and make the same amount as you could at 2 jobs. Although it's sometimes needed at the lower levels to give a person income.

#27489 - 03/29/04 05:07 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Felstorm]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Evanessance is Xtian?!? Oh shit, I was listening to them when they were underground, I just love the chicks voice. Oh well time to listen to more of My Ruin with such great tracks as Masochrist.

DatheR

#27490 - 03/29/04 11:35 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: GloryS9]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Although I understand what you're saying about dumbing down, it's undoubtedly a very effective way of getting your own ideas into the heads of others. I liken it to lacing somebody's drink - they don't know what they're taking in when they read/listen/eat/drink. Although I'm not a fan at all, Marilyn Manson is to be admired for being able to market arsenic as cotton candy for the masses.
Quote:

I want to speak my heart. The higher creature will understand, and the herd will be no wiser...but maybe, more enslaved.

Precisely. Speak your heart in such a way that you'll have your hand up the collective herd's ass.

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#27491 - 03/29/04 11:37 AM Re: The MUSICIAN [Re: Bogey_Man]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

That is a great thing. The serious Writers you will meet could probably tell you that they would continue to do what they do even if they weren't paid to do so. Even if they were persecuted for it.

We're all a little bit nuts.

It's like us musicians and songwriters. Even if I weren't in a band right now, I'd just tool around in my studio and make music solely for my pleasure. If others like it, great. If not, then it would be inconsequential.

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#27492 - 03/29/04 11:53 AM Re: Satanic Jobs
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Evanescence is a band of xtians, rather than a xtian band. There is a difference. It would be the same as a band where all the members were card-carrying members of the CoS - that wouldn't necessarily make the band "Satanic" (although it could very well be Satanic in the truest sense of the word).

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#27493 - 03/29/04 11:57 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Foxred]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

I know a lot of Christians that are into phone sex and/or sex toys. Repression leads to compulsion. Reread what Dr. LaVey says about the guys who went to the burlesque shows on Saturday night and repented on Sunday morning at church. Institutions like the 'adult entertainment' industry THRIVES on Christian repression and subsequent compulsion.

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#27494 - 03/29/04 01:43 PM Re: Satanic Jobs
Haras Offline

Loc: Shropshire, England
I have to agree with Sanctuary about being mum!
It is surely the most rewarding, if not a bit stressful job that there is going. The pay is lousy and the hours are long but the unconditional love that your child gives you is a benefit thats worth more than any amount of money.
However, I did work as a nurse for quite a while and although I liked my work I felt the need to move on to something else. Now I work in a casting house with precious metals and I find the work both rewarding and challenging, so I guess I made the right move

#27495 - 03/29/04 02:44 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Solomon]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If only say going to college or university could be a job. For one thing whatever you do is helping you to get further on in life, you get to study lots and you get to have fun with your friends all the time. It's seem to me from viewing other people that they do the jobs they do for money mainly. Some actually like the jobs they do, some like the jobs they do but hate the people they do it with and some have it good both ways.
When your at college it doesn't seem to get mundane at all. Also there is something to be said just for the time of life your at when your going to college or uni. Everybody wants to have a good time, everybody is full of loads of hopes and aspirations.
If you live at home like me you get everything paid for. If you go to uni and live in student halls you can make all sorts of friends, from different areas, different interests. It's like starting afresh again from college.
I actually know people who stayed on to do their PHD not for it's worth but just because they didn't want to go to work!!

#27496 - 03/29/04 09:02 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Discipline]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If your objective is to survive and maybe thrive in the jungle I agree that learning a trade is good and for now safe choice. I don't see trades work being farmed out to India or China anytime soon. For example, if someone's pipes need fixing, or if someone needs a deck built, then for now someone here will have to do the work.

In my opinion the best profession to get into is "business" because only in business are you going to be at the mercy of the law of the jungle which we also refer to as the market. You can get into this field either as an entrepreneur or get a job as a salesperson in a company. If you are good you will make lots of money which you can use to lavish yourself with all the things you no doubt believe you deserve. If you suck then you will perish, and rigthly so.

I have been in sales a few years and it's nice to know that any pretender will not last long.

#27497 - 03/30/04 03:23 PM Re: Satanic Jobs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some people are actually chosing to say be a plumber just because at the moment there is a huge gap in the market and they get paid well.
For example i was reading an article in the paper and this man was a researcher at a university. The stuff he had done was important and he was well respected but because of the pay he moved into being an electrician( trained up) and does that instead now for the money. I imagine other people are also making the same choice. When my teacher say get's someone over to fix something he is earning more then she is. The good pay may not last but at the moment people are doing well. Thats just because no one wants to do it anymore everyone wants to do a white collar job now, no one wants to get their hands dirty so to speak.
I have to admit personally i wouldn't do it it's just not for me but if you like it then why not?

Edited by acertainage (03/30/04 03:29 PM)

#27498 - 03/30/04 08:18 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
GoldenCalf Offline

Loc: Huntsville, Alabama
99% of jobs are grim obligations necessary for getting food on the table. A Satanic job is anything you can tolerate long enough to get the paycheck.
"I am elite because I am not on welfare. I am elite because I ritually sacrificed my television set and bombed a McDonald's. I am perfect. I'm the REAL Satanist here, and you're just a useless pathetic piece of shit herdling. You disgust me." --the hopelessly ego-deprived jackass

#27499 - 03/30/04 09:38 PM Re: The WRITER [Re: Bogey_Man]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
It is true that writers seem to have more freedoms from schedules and regulations, but it is not true that writers are free from schedules and regulations.

If a writer is to be paid...a fundamental requisite of writing being a job and not some one-off hobby...deadlines are set, word count must be figured, content, structure and the ability to state clearly within set limits are all forms of work that writers must exhibit control over, poetic license nonetheless.

Rejection. Slow Momentum. Creative Constipation. Half-Assed Critics and their evil cousin, The Well Versed Critic Who Is Always Right. Moody Interns Who Lose Manuscripts. The Slush Pile and the Round File. Plain Old Bad Writin'; the previous and many more left unmentioned are killers of writers and writings.

It is true that writers have some mythic proportions placed upon them by the public at large, but that only comes after some serious HARD WORK, and success. Until the work is done a writer is just a dabbler, and if some measure of success is not garnered from the effort, no one pays out...a good read is just that, and until proven as such, well...it just does not pay all that well.

I would say being a writer is self gratifying, but it needs something more to be lucrative.

It is never easy, just ask any at the top of the heap.

#27500 - 03/31/04 06:02 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Eric_Flu Offline
CoS Member

Computers. Anything to do with trouble shooting or networking. Most everyone has a computer question of some sort. Do what you enjoy.

#27501 - 03/31/04 06:36 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: HLGwyn]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Nothing worth having is ever "easy" but it does not have to be easy to enjoy it.
I know what you mean by writers constipation( never heard writers block called that,interesting) it's a problem I'm currently experiencing, half way through and the "oh shit where'd it go's" have got me.
Dark greetings
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27502 - 03/31/04 08:12 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: Nyarlathotep]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

NO, do not think that I would be irresponsible in my approach, either way. The last part of your post summed up what I was really saying!
Glory

#27503 - 03/31/04 09:45 PM Constipation [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
HLGwyn Offline

When it comes to Creative Constipation (writers block) my method is to continue writing as an upraised middle finger to being stumped.

I do not have to pen the masterful stroke in one poetic sweep, and if I am at a loss for the right words, I put it out however I can get it out. When the whole can of worms have been set to page...then...then I can go back and set rhythm and flair to the content, and let the creative muse whisper.

If I continue to be lagging in the ooomph-hurrah-zing-pow department, I then question if what I have to say is within the flow of the whole.

Deletion of passages is preferable to putting out possible junk and there is a multitude of other things that can be explored as writing subjects and threads.

It could be set as an analogy of music also. Sometimes emotion and depth can be set by skillfull rests and pauses, or a lonely wail of a horn. One note can usher in a whole register of emotion, when it sustains and warbles like some love-sick bird making its' despairing call.

Another exercise I use when I am stuffed up with power and no voice, is to look to the ubsurd. I people watch.

I ad-lib their words and guess at their body language to create situations. If I see some sweet old grandmother driving her out of date, refrigerator white land-yacht through the local supermarket parking lot...I imagine her cars' trunk filled with bodies, and set up a whole new story to that circumstance. If I see two lovers on a park bench, I turn the female into a recent widow, and the male into a serial killer she met at some church group, but he is not known as such....until it is too late. I explore each person and setting to extreme limits, and conclusions.

If I do not free up my blocks at that point, well... I just thought of two other whole stories, with characters and plots, that I can pursue until I can open back up to my previous stories/writings and get back to finishing them.

The most disturbing thing about writers block is that it is self inflicted, and it seems to be more than it really is.

Now if you are writing on deadlines to meet some projects goal, and you are stuck...I do not know how to help in that area. I work at my best when I have doom on the horizon, and an anxious party wringing their hands for me to make it on time. The...my...door opens and some of my most intense outpourings to date have been set under the skull and crossbones of immediate failure.

I also excercise my creative muscle..A.K.A my gray brain...by writing here. I write letters, some to my wife who I can just talk to, some to family and friends, some to made up people. ***Try writing a letter as if you were in a great town of antiquity, far away from home for the first time. You are writing to your wealthy uncle who sent you out on this adventure, and you describe the gates of the city, the smell of the town, the robbery/murder you JUST witnessed as you purchased some exotic spice from the poor sap who JUST sold you the spice and who was the target of the VIVID robbery/murder. Make the town Rome, Make it Shadow Dale, Make it a western, Make it victorian, Make it Sci-Fi...blend it all. Suspend disbelief, forget your worst critic...YOU...spill the beans. Clean up afterward when the deed is done.

Another thing that might help...quit reading what you write.
Period.
You are not writing when you are reading.
The only time I read what I have put forth, is when I tilt back on the rear legs of my chair, clasping my hands behind my head and expelling a hushed "It is Done!" into the empty room.

I even leave my writings alone....gasp, what a shocker, until I almost forget about them. Then, when I re-visit them, it is with almost new eyes and fresh creative stamina and desire to be critical as well as entertained. I make judgements based on the like-new experience of pouring over the marvels I can create, and when I am fresh, I can edit my material with a firm disposition.

The between times are twilight, creating more people, building new conflict, constructing new settings...only to put them aside and roll the process over again for another bout of creation...destruction...then I rivisit my work and clean it up...over and over...never ending, until I grow senile and mad, from too many years of life.

Then I will shit myself and complain as some old geezers do when their nurse comes to clean them up.

"Look, I made a shtinky!"

#27504 - 04/01/04 04:53 AM Re: Constipation [Re: HLGwyn]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Very good suggestions, I will try some of them. I always read what I've written after every few paragraphs. Perhaps that's why it takes me so long to get the things done.
Dark Eve
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27505 - 04/01/04 09:30 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: BurningJayde]
Chaostar Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I'm a writer, and my friends call me twisted and such things all the time. It's true, and a lot of people expect me to try and act 'normal', but I find it makes life a little more interesting.

#27506 - 04/01/04 11:27 AM Re: The WRITER [Re: Chaostar]
Anonymous
Unregistered

My ex boyfriend wanted to be a writer but he chose to train to be a lawyer instead. Just because writing is like say wanting to be a musician or an artist. It's the kind of thing you either make it or you don't. Even if you do get a publisher if your books aren't a success then you can be dropped. It's one of those things that people think is cool but a lot of people hoping to be say a writer needs other jobs that give you money.
However if you have one hugely successful book, wins an award whether it be something important like the hugo or booker prize then your set up for your next book. People will buy it even if it isn't as good and your name will become will known. Of course if you continue to do books that are at least seen as well written you'll always be popular with a small group of people.If you are well known and write books that are good then you can become a big success. Some writers do really well but maybe don't write that good. Your subject matter is always important. You can say deal with challenging issues as long as they are universal.Talking about things like black paganism or whatever isn't going to sell that well. It just won't appeal to a mass audience unless of course it's a popular subject matter for people who think they are 'different'. So i suppose when you write a book you have to think about those things as well. So you can be realistic about how well it could do even if it did do well.
So been 'weird' means nothing when it comes to a book things like horror, serial killers and so forth or whatever are really popular. Even people like Irvine Welsh talked about beastility and necrophilia. As long as people can relate to the story or gain something insightful out of it.You couldn't go on about death, torture or pain or whatever without it being for a reason.
Anyway everyone has different definations of what it means to be normal or weird i don't think it is important.

Edited by acertainage (04/01/04 11:56 AM)

#27507 - 04/01/04 12:46 PM Dear Dark Master Prince, [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
HLGwyn Offline

I have noticed the writing and essay section...it is the perfect place for flexing your creative side, and building the muscle of skilled expression.

Novels are great for sweeping people off of their imaginative feet, but the short story is an intense study in conveying ideas within captivating space. Every word counts within a short story, and it could lead to freedom of movement when dealing with longer stretches of writing.

I have come to understand that you like the genre of fantasy, and I assume that the story you are in the middle of concerns the same. I suggest that you take the world that you have built, find a small area of it at set a one person/character mini story upon it.

Keep the flow of events to about a 15 minute time frame of the characters circumstance.

(My sudden idea) Cassie Landsmith, a sweet lass of about eleven short years, has wandered too far from the caravan she was in. She barely hears the creaks of the pack horse harnesses, and the plaintive calls of the caravan outriders to keep the formation tight within the dark woods they now travel in.
She finds herself in the canopy of old woods, and mossy stone...she is suddenly lost!
Snap! From her left she hears a branch break, and she calls out to her older brother who she was certain had followed her.
A low rumble, the sound of a hunter intent on tearing and devouring, answers her call.

To quickly end the tease, find some suitable monster that would love to have the shreds of Cassie around its' snuffling fang encrusted snout. Orcs, dire-wolves, cannibal raiders...hell even Tanjo, the escaped circus bear sportin' a mean case of hemorhoids and distemper, would be neat!

Make Cass' loveable and endear her to the reader. Build fear by having her threatened and chased (keep her hunter as an unknown, but very real threat), end quickly by the sudden realised foe (drum roll please....) then have Cassie win...or lose, if yer of the sadistic type...but make the absolute end *unforseeable* until you nail the landing like some olympic gymnast.

Man, that sounds like an awesome story! It has elements that make it oh-so-familiar....BUT...it is unlike the classic hack and slash adventure of grande heroism that is lining bookshelves to abundance. It would stand out.

Another quick story that would ROCK the boat of same-old-shit blather lining the collective minds of the reader market...

Untesh Nazquinn a wilder-elf of the StaggHart clan finds himself seeing through the gray fog of a semi-concious state. He (maybe she...) hears the sounds of battle all around. The screams of agony and rage flood the ears. Some-one runs right on top of him yelling frantic pleas for some unknown god to help, OH PLEASE HELP! as small warm drops of what can only be blood spatter on poor Unteshes' face. Untesh is not sure, but it seemed as if the warrior that trod on him had two stumps where the arms should have been, and a writhing green lump clinging onto his back...ripping and tearing with a wicked curved dagger. Some goblin on it's fantastic ride of murderous intent, Untesh figures.

How does it end? Who knows, what with the millions of possibilities...Untesh has the last helpless look as an ogre puts its' mouth around his head for an after-battle snack...he comes fully awake to the light of the full moon and sees the entire battlefield swathed in the blue spirit light of the recently dead...he gets a dagger in his helmet visor and the twisting of it in his eye socket reminds him of a barkeep stirring a Dragon Fizzey at the local tavern he used to frequent...He thinks he is alone, and the battle done when he comes fully to, only to find himself on a spit above some coals...man, the possibilities...

Feel free to use those ideas if you wish, they sure sound like a whole lotta fun...I got butt-loads of ideas, and I will not begrudge you if you use them, as what matters is not so much the idea itself, but how one can work the words to make the idea come alive. I do look foreward to seeing some evil tidbit that has dripped from your pen, Sir...I loves to read.

Good luck Sir.

#27508 - 04/01/04 01:16 PM Re: Dear Dark Master Prince, [Re: HLGwyn]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Thank you, I am always ready to accept new ideas and to learn. I may take up the essays and writings section.
Darkest Greetings
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27509 - 04/01/04 09:16 PM Re: Satanic Jobs
Dracul Offline

That is also my kind of job. A few good deals can get someone on top, a few bad ones can ruin him. Only the best remanin.
A perfect satanic job.

#27510 - 04/01/04 09:28 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: GoldenCalf]
Dracul Offline

If you try to make it on you own, to open your own business, then you won't have to tolerate anything, no boss, no schedule.... And you won't see the job as an obligation anymore, you'll even love it ...that's because everything there is yours and you do whatever you want with it. You can loose everything or you can get rich ...if it's your business it's up to you.
Plus that you'll be the one writing the paychecks.

#27511 - 04/02/04 05:00 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Dracul]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
2 April XXXIX A.S.
Quote:

If you try to make it on you own, to open your own business, then you won't have to tolerate anything, no boss, no schedule....

You're kidding, right?

I can assure you that tolerance is still a necessity in self-business -- only the sources change.

In many businesses, you have to deal with some or all of the following: employees, payroll, audits, other tax hassles, distributors, customers, clients, third-party suppliers, utilities, rent, overhead, stock, the economy (!), lawyer fees, shipping costs, deadlines from outside sources, promotion, and the list goes on. The "You Are Your Own Boss" idealism only goes so far. If your efforts involve, either in a direct or oblique way, even one other person (which they virtually all do), then it's not necessarily the idyllic garden of delights you so flamboyantly imply it as.
Quote:

And you won't see the job as an obligation anymore, you'll even love it

You MIGHT love it, but either way, it's still an obligation... unless you don't care about it and it doesn't matter if it goes belly up. Many businesspeople don't have that luxury.
Quote:

that's because everything there is yours and you do whatever you want with it.

Love the implied lack of symbiosis. Let me know where besides Fantasyland this business is to be erected.
Quote:

Plus that you'll be the one writing the paychecks.

Firmly dependent, of course, on some or all of the outside influences mentioned before. Come to think of it, a lot of your post sounds like the rhetoric from one of those time-sharing / pyramid scams. There are entire infomercials that spout the same lines.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#27512 - 04/02/04 09:04 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Dracul]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

I'll have to agree with Reverend Paradise on this one, being your own boss is not in the slightest bit easier than working for "The Man". Your "boss" as it were becomes the consumers you are dealing with, if they don't like what you're offering, you don't eat. The schedule is true, you have no set schedule, it's a 24 hour thing now. Very few days off, and commitment unlike any your employees will encompass...rent, audits, et al. If something happens, it's on you, be it good or bad.

Humans are a very volatile animal. Employees will prove that, as will the customers. It's a kill or be killed thing. Some days it works, some days it doesn't, but never is it Utopia.

So for those that think the boss is out to get them, take a step back and evaluate what you're doing. We're just trying to get a job done, and it will get done with or without you.

Regards,
Solomon

#27513 - 04/05/04 12:01 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: MagisterParadise]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Much applause, Reverand. It's true, you got to work your ass off to run a business, not only that, but you need a pretty damn education too, and that cost both money and time that you may not have. I just recently got finished with an accounting class; it took a year and it's just the basics, but it will save me a bunch of money because I won't have to hire some jackass to do it for me. People are wrong when they say all the good things in life are free. All the good things in life are hard earned at the cost of blood and time.

#27514 - 04/06/04 07:56 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: MagisterParadise]
Dracul Offline

No, I am not kidding.
I run my own business and I'm not so tolerant about it.
In dealing with the things that you've listed, I consider that the necessity is diplomacy rather than tolerance.

I understand "obligation" as something you are forced to do and I do not feel like I'm being forced into anything. I feel good about what I'm doing and that's why I say that I love my job.

Why does it have to be erected in Fantasyland? If you own a thing is yours and you can do anything you want with it. You may lose it or you may use it to gain more ...that's up to you.
For your information, that Fantasyland is right here on earth ...it's called Romania.

In the end, please understand that I'm talking about my business as everybody here talked about their jobs. It might not be appliable to yours, you may run a different thing than mine, but whatever I say here on this forum I say it from my point of view and from my position. It might not be suitable for you, your country might have different laws, you are a different person that runs a different business elsewere.

#27515 - 01/02/07 05:55 AM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Dracul]
blaskhyrk Offline

Loc: Poland
Satanists can have many job, and job what they like. when they offering a lot of cash for you you can go, for me i'd like to be a mortician or a pathological surgeon doctor. But we can also work as a refereers or prosecutors and lawyers.

Edited by blaskhyrk (01/02/07 05:57 AM)

#478415 - 08/07/12 10:26 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Asmedious]
Piru Offline

Legends say that Lucifer had the courage to claim the right for absolute freedom from he's creator,despite all these some weak people consider him the evil one.
Each man is good at something ,all that matters is to like what you do ,Boss or employee,pimp or hue ?

#478418 - 08/07/12 10:45 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Piru]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
And the timestamp says that this thread is over five years old.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#478419 - 08/07/12 10:46 PM Re: Satanic Jobs [Re: Piru]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

For fucks sake. This post has been dead for 8 years. Let the departed rest in peace already.

Locked with a warning not to commit further acts of vile necromancy.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12172 Members
73 Forums
43940 Topics
405810 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements