Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#276507 - 10/11/07 12:01 AM Re: Keep your friends safe this Season [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Coyote Offline

Loc: Nevada
 Originally Posted By: LeviathanXIII
I think this sounds like alarmism.

Where do drugged up teens run around stealing cats? Most drugged up teens I've seen were too busy watching Fantasia and listening to Pink Floyd to give a shit about your cat.

::chuckles:

Well. Priest Leviathan. You definately win this argument with that statement

#276513 - 10/11/07 12:53 AM Re: Keep your friends safe this Season [Re: Evil_Eve]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada

#276514 - 10/11/07 12:53 AM Re: It Is Happening. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> But where? Why aren't there legitimate crime reports of this kind of thing? <<

There are.

Animals are suffering cruelty all the time.

The problem is that they sensationalise it by atrributing it to some kind of ritual abuse.

There are knife attacks on horses in fields (at least here) and all manner of other animal mutilations happening all too frequently.

There was a cat in my local paper just a couple of days ago that had its eyes stabbed out.

There are some twisted kids about who are influenced by far more by violent video games, gory films and theatrical heavy metal acts than they are by Satanism.

An excuse like Halloween is all these idiots need.

It doesn't matter that they are not Satanists. What is most important is that we guard our animals from these morons.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#276518 - 10/11/07 01:04 AM Re: Keep your friends safe this Season [Re: BlackScore]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
 Quote:
But how come it is "unclassifiable veracity"..

They are referring to the (legends they are quoting) given that they are not historical accounts.

It is rated as LEGEND and they do offer the facts behind why it is rated as such.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#276527 - 10/11/07 02:29 AM Re: Keep your friends safe this Season [Re: gypsy]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

I would guess that the black cat mentioned named Isaiah was more likely to have been hit by a car when he disappeared - after all, a black cat at night isn't very visible.

I'd be more worried about an outside cat being harmed by errant fireworks or something like that, though I wouldn't be surprised to learn of stupid drunk teens harming a cat.

#276536 - 10/11/07 03:25 AM Re: Keep your friends safe this Season [Re: Evil_Eve]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

I don't think the article is using Pseudo-Satanism in the way that genuine Satanists use it. The fact that it mentions "Satanist" later on in the article in conjunction with talk of animal abuse suggests that the initial mention of Pseudo-Satanism was just referring to naive little children that are drawn to the occult. They're clearly not the same thing as "those big bad genuine Satanists who really do abuse animals", hence the pseudo prefix.

#276549 - 10/11/07 05:07 AM Re: Keep your friends safe this Season [Re: Wile_E_Quixote]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Danish papers report two cases of cruelty to cats today. One had two teenage kids cutting the ears off a kitten and another case two weeks ago had other teens kicking a kitten against a wall like a soccer ball.

No mention of drugs or pseudo-satanism though, just basic stupidity and cruelty.

#276601 - 10/11/07 10:54 AM Re: Keep your friends safe this Season [Re: gypsy]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: MaryAnn
You could always have your pets join in the festivities. \:D
http://www.spirithalloween.com/pet-costumes_classic-pet-costumes/

http://www.spirithalloween.com/pet-costumes_classic-pet-costumes/school-girl-pet-costume/
This bitch in the school girl uniform is kind of hot.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#276621 - 10/11/07 01:37 PM Re: Keep your friends safe this Season [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#276656 - 10/11/07 05:30 PM Re: Keep your friends safe this Season [Re: gypsy]
PureLily Offline

Loc: UK
In the UK there are a number of pets go missing during the Halloween week because it is in the same period as bonfire night. It is not specifically related to Halloween. There are known to be groups of people/individuals, mainly teenagers, who do nasty things to cats (and animals in general) with fireworks for their own amusement. It is probably a good idea here in the UK to pretty well keep cats in for the two week period surrounding these dates, possibly longer.

It really annoys me that shops sell fireworks so early before November 5th as we have to be annoyed with them being let off right from mid-October through to the end of November. If you have pets this can be a frightening time. Most of these little corner shops will happily sell fireworks to minors.

"Get thee behind me Satan".....proof christians like it up the ass!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406136 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements