Topic Options
#278258 - 10/20/07 01:08 PM A few questions before COS Membership?
DIABOLICALGENIUS Offline

I have been toying with the idea of joining COS for at least a year now and havn't signed on the dotted line yet.
I have read and appreciated the satanic witch, bible, rituals and my favorite book "satan speaks".
I am an intelligent individual and i would really like to join, but I dont want to just through money away and get little or nothing in return. I am based in london so i would like to know if any grottos are active in london. Since as la'vey said joining COS is really so that one can interact with like minded individuals who share the same beliefs. I have many great ideas that could improve the image of COS and would appreciate an outlet for this. I am also very interested in psychology, body language and other methods of applied psychology to use for my own gain .

To put it more succinctly;

If i put my money where my mouth is will i get anything out of it other than a very expensive membership card?

Yours sincerely

Dark Genius

Thank You

#278259 - 10/20/07 01:21 PM Re: A few questions before COS Membership? [Re: DIABOLICALGENIUS]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: DIABOLICALGENIUS
I have many great ideas that could improve the image of COS and would appreciate an outlet for this.

The COS needs its image improved? Please elaborate.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#278261 - 10/20/07 01:38 PM Re: A few questions before COS Membership? [Re: Phineas]
DIABOLICALGENIUS Offline

I know it doesn't but joe public still thinks that satanists are evil people who sacrifice children yadayadayada.

Still i seek an answer to my question?

#278275 - 10/20/07 02:27 PM Re: A few questions before COS Membership? [Re: Phineas]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Allow me, my dear Phineas.

Would you believe that someone who has yet to show enough dedication to an organization to actually join it, feels they--and no doubt they alone--hold the key to fixing it?

Oh, I know, this is totally new territory for us. We never hear this sort of offer.

Thank the very lack of Gods that we have some outsider telling us how to run that which we have completely committed to! I'm not sure we'll last, well, another 40 years or so, without this person's assistance. We may be forced to just accept out position as the penultimate Satanic church.

Someone please! Pursue this guy. Make sure that we convince him we need his money and expertise lest we fall on our collective sword and face our ..........success.

Ygraine

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#278276 - 10/20/07 02:28 PM Re: A few questions before COS Membership? [Re: DIABOLICALGENIUS]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

And you think you can change that? There will always be those who fall for these lies. There will always be those who choose ignorance above wisdom.

The Church of Satan is 42 years old and growing. We lived through the hysteria of the 80's, and Geraldo and his propaganda efforts. Where is all of this now?

Rather than waste efforts trying to educate amoeba's, use your time to aducate yourself.

Now to your question regarding membership, a question that has been asked many times here and elsewhere:

You get what you put into it. The COS does not put members in touch with each other unless there is a genuine, specific reason to do so. Membership information is private and confidential.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#278277 - 10/20/07 02:29 PM Re: A few questions before COS Membership? [Re: DIABOLICALGENIUS]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
If you are such people pleaser that you give a flying fuck what those beneath us think of us, or are too insipid to comprehend the very power fear bestows, you don't belong here. That answer you, oh Satanic savior, or what?

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#278278 - 10/20/07 02:29 PM Re: A few questions before COS Membership? [Re: DIABOLICALGENIUS]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Quote:
I am based in london so i would like to know if any grottos are active in london.

The CoS doesn't put non-Members in touch with Members. Anyway, the Grotto system is being phased out.

Quote:
I have many great ideas that could improve the image of COS and would appreciate an outlet for this.

Having gone back to re-read your original introduction, what makes you think you're the right person to do this?

Quote:
If i put my money where my mouth is will i get anything out of it other than a very expensive membership card?

You get out of Membership whatever you put into it.
Prevention of Virtue

#278293 - 10/20/07 02:58 PM Re: A few questions before COS Membership? [Re: DIABOLICALGENIUS]
Alice_DeVille Offline
Banned

Loc: London, UK
[Only Moderators and Members of the Priesthood may reply to threads in this forum. All other replies will be deleted. In other words, ACTUALLY READ THE DESCRIPTION of the forum you're in!]

Edited by MagisterParadise (10/20/07 03:22 PM)

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements