Topic Options
#278471 - 10/21/07 03:26 PM Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.8 issues ?
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Has anybody else experienced issues with this site after upgrading to the latest version of Firefox ?

It seems that with the latest version of Firefox the layered menus as well as the submit button for quoted replies have stopped working for me.

Since the site still works fine with IE 6.0 I know it's not a problem with the site as such, so I'm not so much reporting a bug than asking if anybody else have experienced the same browser problem with this site? From my experience as a web developer I know that sometimes Ajax/Javascrip will sometimes stop working when security holes are patched, so I was curious whether this was the case.

#278472 - 10/21/07 03:30 PM Re: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.8 issues ? [Re: verszou]
PureLily Offline

Loc: UK
I haven't noticed any problems myself yet.

"Get thee behind me Satan".....proof christians like it up the ass!

#278475 - 10/21/07 03:36 PM Re: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.8 issues ? [Re: PureLily]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: PureLily
I haven't noticed any problems myself yet.

Ok, might be one of my settings that is off then - are you running Firefox on Windows XP ? (just to eliminate the chance that there are OS specific issues involved).

#278477 - 10/21/07 03:49 PM Re: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.8 issues ? [Re: verszou]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I'm running 2.0.08 on XP and aren't having any problems.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#278486 - 10/21/07 05:30 PM Re: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.8 issues ? [Re: verszou]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
 Originally Posted By: verszou
Has anybody else experienced issues with this site after upgrading to the latest version of Firefox ?

It seems that with the latest version of Firefox the layered menus as well as the submit button for quoted replies have stopped working for me.

I have the latest Firefox upgrade and am using Mac OS X 10.4.10. I haven't noticed anything unusual.

#278488 - 10/21/07 06:38 PM Re: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.8 issues ? [Re: RaSc]
PureLily Offline

Loc: UK
I'm on Linux, openSUSE 10.3.

"Get thee behind me Satan".....proof christians like it up the ass!

#278490 - 10/21/07 07:03 PM Re: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.8 issues ? [Re: verszou]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
I am currently on Linux Linspire 6.0 with Firefox 2.0.0.8. I have not come across this issue, though I have on some other issues, bugs more than likely due to this new release of Linspire. Though I have come across the browser just crashing randomly, not sure if it is coding in relation to this new Linux Linspire release or in relation to just Firefox itself. I will have to submit some bug reports and see what comes about if the problem persists from either in coding errors or something else.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#278535 - 10/22/07 01:21 AM Re: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.8 issues ? [Re: JayLucif]
verszou Offline

Ok, looks like the problem is local to my machine, so I'll try to figure out if I've changed any settings recently that shouldn't have been.

Thank you all for your input \:\)

#278621 - 10/22/07 12:46 PM Re: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.8 issues ? [Re: verszou]
verszou Offline

Oki, found the problem, which was really weird. I got into the error console and saw that the javascript for showing the menu had failed, then from there on I opened the source file and found that it ended in mid-file, so after chosing refresh from the menu things suddenly started working again. I guess Firefox only checks the modified date to find out if the file is invalid in the cache, not the file length.

So - in case anybody else comes across this error this is how to fix it

#278693 - 10/22/07 06:40 PM Re: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.8 issues ? [Re: verszou]
PKid Offline

Loc: Texas
My firefox on my work PC totally crashed today. Had to do a full uninstall/reinstall to get it to work at all. There are a lot of people with 2.0.0.8 problems on the Mozilla forums...

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements