Topic Options
#278484 - 10/21/07 04:45 PM Decadent Delights.
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
The Devil's Troubador : A Compendium of Poetical Works by Count Xander Morivond is a joy and a pleasure to read.

There are fine things to be enjoyed in this world: fine wines, fine music and fine literature.

Poetry can rise to this level of power and beauty.

This book does both.

The carnal delights of the world are all too often relegated to the squalid masses and their screeching efforts to equate lust with disgust, mystery with misery, wit with slap stick and depth with the gutter.

To find written works that paint images and create excitement, emotion, and good humor are all too rare.

This is just such a rare find.

I treasure it.

There was a romance found in an earlier era amongst the ruling classes. Lord Byron comes to mind as does the raucous and yet hidden caverns of the Hellfire Club.

Mixing the beautiful with the bawdy requires a firm hand which grips the quill of the poet.

In this book I feel you will agree with me that just such a balanced control takes place.

This is a book to be read by a warm fireplace in candlelight. Rain and wind against the windowpane, snug in an overstuffed chair, savoring the play of images and sounds, the reader can be transported by visions and feelings of another age - even if that age is one of pure fantasy.

Those who need the glare of the flickering television screen, the blare of the chatter of the unwashed masses scratching at the ears need not pick up this tome.

For those with the requisite taste and willingness to open to a world of beauty and shock, love and pain, thought and feeling - the drama and comedy that stems from an interaction between the mind of the reader and the words of the poet - this will be a book you will turn to again and again.

I recommend this book of poetry to all of you who enjoy the carnal pleasures of our ever delightful world and are not afraid of its power, its depth. its uncertainty and its beauty.

It has touched me deeply and I hope that you, too, will enjoy its impact.

#278831 - 10/23/07 01:20 PM Re: Decadent Delights. [Re: Nemo]
The Countesss Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Makhpiyá
Thank You, Magister and FRIEND Nemo... Your words inspire Us ever onward!

Media Advisory ~ For Immediate Release

"The ‘Devil’s Troubadour’ causes stir amongst literary admirers"

Advance copies of ‘The Devil’s Troubadour’ have instigated impassioned discussion and controversy among esteemed writers in the literary world. Certain religious organizations have deemed it “blasphemy” where others have hailed it as “a crowning achievement”.

In anticipation of its Oct. 31 release, Crimson Elite Productions put this compendium into the hands of a select group of accomplished writers, artists and aficionados of the arts. The response has been overwhelming; “This is no book for kiddies, of course,” says writer E.J. Hennessey. “It is filled to the brim with seething and overt (yet not vulgar in the modern way) sexual imagery, religious blasphemy, occult overtones, and many wondrous twists and turns that at once makes you want to read the book aloud to delight in its mellifluous syllabic beauty, then reminds you that you'd likely be burned at the stake by a horde of pitchfork-wielding townsfolk for doing so!”

“This man is the Devil himself!” says Christina McGuire, ordained minister of the Universal Life Church. “I would suggest that you not read Count MoriVond’s works of perversion and, if you do, ensure you get down on your knees afterward and beg forgiveness!”

To view samples of his work included in this anachronistic and controversial book, go to the Crimson Elite Productions’ home page highlighting Count MoriVond’s latest release, or click on the Page of Excerpts here.

Count MoriVond, a self-proclaimed heretic and devote Bacchanalian, is the premiere artist of Crimson Elite Productions, LLC. Tastes of his book, his digital and organic artwork, and of his lifestyle can be seen on MySpace or on Crimson Elite’s home page. He is currently working on his second novel and in the studio recording vocals for various spoken word and musical projects.

ISBN Hardcover - 9781425951795

ISBN Paperback – 9781425946821

To place orders for the book, contact: Author House. To arrange a book signing or interview with Count MoriVond, contact Ms. Christine Sullivan/PR Dept. at:

Crimson Elite Productions, LLC
95 Cedar Lane, Suite #A12
Florence, NJ 08518
Phone: (850) 774-4723
crimsoneliteproductions@gmail.com

#279109 - 10/24/07 06:02 PM Re: Decadent Delights. [Re: Nemo]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I was just looking for a good book to use my Barned&Noble gift card on. I think I know which one I will get now.

Quote:
This is a book to be read by a warm fireplace in candlelight. Rain and wind against the windowpane, snug in an overstuffed chair, savoring the play of images and sounds, the reader can be transported by visions and feelings of another age - even if that age is one of pure fantasy.

This sounds so comfortable and delightful.

In case I don't have a chance, I wish you a Happy Halloween Magister Nemo and thank you for recommending this work.

#279563 - 10/26/07 06:45 PM Re: Decadent Delights. [Re: Nemo]
The Countesss Offline
CoS Member

Advance copies of ‘The Devil’s Troubadour’ have instigated impassioned discussion and controversy among esteemed writers in the literary world. Certain religious organizations have deemed it “blasphemy” where others have hailed it as “a crowning achievement”.

In anticipation of its Oct. 31 release, Crimson Elite Productions put this compendium into the hands of a select group of accomplished writers, artists and aficionados of the arts. The response has been overwhelming; “This is no book for kiddies, of course,” says writer E.J. Hennessey. “It is filled to the brim with seething and overt (yet not vulgar in the modern way) sexual imagery, religious blasphemy, occult overtones, and many wondrous twists and turns that at once makes you want to read the book aloud to delight in its mellifluous syllabic beauty, then reminds you that you'd likely be burned at the stake by a horde of pitchfork-wielding townsfolk for doing so!”

“This man is the Devil himself!” says Christina McGuire, ordained minister of the Universal Life Church. “I would suggest that you not read Count MoriVond’s works of perversion and, if you do, ensure you get down on your knees afterward and beg forgiveness!”

To view samples of his work included in this anachronistic and controversial book, go to the Crimson Elite Productions’ home page highlighting Count MoriVond’s latest release, or click on the Page Of Excerpts link here.

Count MoriVond, a self-proclaimed heretic and devote Bacchanalian, is the premiere artist of Crimson Elite Productions, LLC. Tastes of his book, his digital and organic artwork, and of his lifestyle can be seen on MySpace or on Crimson Elite’s home page. He is currently working on his second novel and in the studio recording vocals for various spoken word and musical projects.

ISBN Hardcover - 9781425951795

ISBN Paperback – 9781425946821

To place orders for the book, contact: AuthorHouse.com. To arrange a book signing or interview with Count MoriVond, contact Ms. Christine Sullivan/PR Dept. at:

Crimson Elite Productions, LLC
95 Cedar Lane, Suite #A12
Florence, NJ 08518
Phone: (850) 774-4723
E-mail: crimsoneliteproductions@gmail.com

#282246 - 11/10/07 01:03 AM Re: Decadent Delights. [Re: Nemo]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Excellent!

Thank you for the review Magister Nemo.

This book is also a great idea for a gift!

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#285724 - 11/25/07 03:32 PM Re: Decadent Delights. [Re: Nemo]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Order placed and paid for ;\)

Can't wait to read this!

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#290960 - 12/15/07 11:06 PM Re: Decadent Delights. [Re: tekku]
Rellik Offline

I thank you for the Review Magister I will definitely check this book out

#291290 - 12/17/07 08:05 AM Re: Decadent Delights. [Re: Rellik]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Magister Nemo's Review sum's it up perfectly!

I have read this twice now, and will say it's an amazing piece of Poetical Art and holds pride of place on my top shelf.

Hail Count Morivond!

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#292026 - 12/19/07 11:45 PM Re: Decadent Delights. [Re: Nemo]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
This looks intriguing and the cover design is incredibly gorgeous - I especially like the creature sitting upon his shoulder.
Undercroft Sign Up

#292594 - 12/22/07 08:23 PM Re: Decadent Delights. [Re: tekku]
The Countesss Offline
CoS Member

Our thanks, tekku... for your support ~ and your friendship!

#344913 - 08/09/08 12:37 PM Re: Decadent Delights. [Re: Nemo]
The Countesss Offline
CoS Member

Just a note that Count MoriVond will be personally signing copies of his book at Monster-Mania Con 11 in Cherry Hill, NJ from 22-24 August!

Also on sale will be the latest musical releases from Uskaru and Izazel von Izykowski.

Moderator:  Quaark 

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406347 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements