Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#27955 - 02/24/04 06:45 PM Re: Your Altar [Re: Mason_Rust]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I LOVE IT! That is one of the most unique altars I have ever seen. It must give off a powerful feeling during a ritual, especially since you created it with your own hands. Outstanding work.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#27956 - 02/24/04 10:41 PM Re: Your Altar [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
L. Kabron Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
No problem, you deserve it.

http://www.myspace.com/lkabron

#27957 - 02/24/04 10:43 PM Re: Your Altar [Re: Ambrosia]
L. Kabron Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Looking for an excuse to get snappy? You can always snap some pictures of yourself and send 'em my way.

Lovely altar by the way. I really likes it.

http://www.myspace.com/lkabron

#27958 - 02/27/04 06:47 PM Re: Your Altar [Re: Discipline]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Glad that you like it. It conforms to my aesthetic tastes quite nicely as anyone's personal altar should. Except that front left corner seems empty don't you think? Simply must do something about that!

#27959 - 02/27/04 07:23 PM Re: Your Altar
Shiva Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
Ok, I can't resist posting my standard answer whenever I'm asked this question.

Honestly, I'm not just being a smart-ass here. This is really what I consider my altar. It's a place in my home where I can open the doors and let my demented muse wreck creative havoc.

Attachments
205710-altar3.jpg (73 downloads)

"The ugliest of trades have their moments of pleasure. Now, if I were a grave-digger, or even a hangman, there are some people I could work for with a great deal of enjoyment." - Douglas Jerrold

#27960 - 02/28/04 12:06 AM Re: Your Altar [Re: Mason_Rust]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
I love the setup. It strikes me as very Klingon.

#27961 - 02/28/04 06:17 AM Re: Your Altar [Re: Mason_Rust]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
Perhaps a statue of Gauron of the Klingon Empire or Vlad our Satanic Saint.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#27962 - 02/29/04 03:58 PM Re: Your Altar
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
I do not have pictures yet, due to construction, but allow me to get descriptive.

My altar is a ROOM in the house I am buying. I do not jive too well in having a platform before me as a focal point, rather I try for the Total Environment approach. This allows me the ability to remain comfortable. It also grants me the ability to ritualize at any time and with anyone present.

The room is long, about 20-25 feet(North-South), and 15-20 feet wide(East-West). The walls are done with a sponging tecnique to have the look of aged parchment. Dominating the east wall is a stone fireplace, with two unmistakable black candles on either side of an antique mirror. Above the mirror is a set of Deer antlers, with black velvet covering the skull-crown. There is an old victorian couch before the fireplace, with carved wood along the back, curving down the arms, terminating into clawed feet for the legs. Two matching chairs are in the corners of the north wall, one near a bookcase full of my library articles, the other near a victorian lamp resting on a wood and marble-topped table.
In the corners of the south wall, resides a handmade suit of armor with my collection of edged weapons arrayed behind it like a peacocks tail. Opposite of that is an antique drafting desk, and a stark puritan wooden chair to compliment it. The corner of the desk holds aloft another glass victorian style lamp. I have self painted, or charcoal-drawn pictures lining the walls, as if in a gallery, and they range from the crashing sea, to whimsical demons, in type.
The west wall has an double wide opening with dark red curtains lining it, helping to distinguish that room, from the one it adjoins. It also has the company of my curio cabinet, filled with small brass temple-dogs, a naked pan tootin his horn, and wildly dancing, as well as the various silver chalaces, leatherbound books etc. befitting the overall old time feel to this sorcerers den.

I will post photo attachments soon, as I am very proud of the effect of the room.(I need to convince my wife that this needs done, as we are very busy turning the rest of the house into small Total Environments as well)(it is a very big house, and we have already been at it for one year without an imminent completion date!)

As to the effectiveness of the arraingement of my Altar Room, let me tell you that I invited over a co-worker who was keeping me from advancing to a management position, through his actions. I sat him down upon the couch and offered him some of my finer scotch, and let the room works it's calming effect upon him. I sat at my drafting table while the sounds of Paganini filled the air. I chatted with him, and drew a decent portrait of him on some paper, and I handed it to him for his approval of my handiwork. When he agreed that I did very well, I offered more scotch...this time a bit harsher and not as refined as the previous offering. I started to light incense, and I lit both candles on the mantle as well as stoked a fire within the fireplace. We chatted some more, and my sweet but serious looking pit-bull joined the discussion for some ear rubs.
When the doorbell rang, and my wife let in a longtime friend and co-worker in, I knew my orchestrations were turning out wonderfully. They joined our discussion.
When I offered the third drink, (gut burning cheap whiskey), I cought my first wiff of fear from my target...the room darkened at the approaching dusk seeping into the windows, finding corners to fill. More black candles were lit, stronger, stranger perfumes were burned. I showed my two new guests the picture I had Drawn. They agreed that it looked like ---him.
Upon receiving their approval, I put an edge of the picture to flame, and turned the face of the drawing towards my target.
I said
"what no-one knows, won't hurt you", and pointed at him.
(story edited due to space and mystery restrictions)

He left, and I have not seen or heard from him at all. I have my promotion, and, well, Life IS good! My altar works JUST FINE.

Long winded, yup, you bet it was. Is it for everyone, nah, I doubt it could be. But, Y'know... you get out of it what you put in.

#27963 - 02/29/04 04:41 PM Re: Your Altar
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
My ritual chamber is in the woods immediately behind my house--not my first choice, but I'd rather keep my rituals secret from my parents. I discovered two boulders behind my house--one is approximately the size of a Volkswagen with a relatively flat surface, and another lying at its base is about two feet off the ground and level enough to stand on.
I don't do rituals often, since I can't leave any tools outside, and I have to do them in the early hours of the morning to avoid arousing the neighbors' curiosity. But when the need arises to manipulate events according to my will, the atmosphere created is well worth it.
I plan to throw a curse tomorrow morning, and once I'm done I will take some pictures of my own "unholiest of unholies."

Edit: Too bad I don't have a spare $40,000, or else this would make a dandy altar surface...

Edited by Dementagram (02/29/04 05:12 PM)

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#27964 - 02/29/04 06:15 PM Re: Your Altar
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
I like the aesthetic of your altar. The lighting in the chamber is good as well, it adds a solemn ambiance.

My altar is portable, versatile, and can be displayed in broad daylight without fear of "Satanic Panic" kicking in from the crowds. As a matter of fact, I carry it with me wherever I go!

My body is what I speak of. Body and Mind (and they said an active imagination would get me in trouble.)

The main purpose of the altar is to act as a focal point, so I focus on different points of the body. The hands are the main points of focus, for it is from my hands that I mold the world around me. The crown of my head (third eye region), and solar plexus are next for areas of focus. It's all a matter of what the reasons behind the ritual are.

My chamber is usually my car since I spend a good amount of time on the road. I'll pick a CD from my selection to give an ambiance, and adjust volume as needed. The Maori tribe's "Ka Mate" Haka is a good total environment primer. If anyone sees me while passing me on the highway, it seems like I am singing along with my music. It's efficient, and effective, the only downside is I have to fill the temple once in a while, and gas prices are outrageous!

Regards,
Solomon

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#27965 - 06/12/05 08:37 PM Re: Your Altar
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
This is a photo of my Altar (June 2005)

Undercroft Sign Up

#27966 - 06/12/05 09:13 PM Re: Your Altar [Re: Mason_Rust]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Except that front left corner seems empty don't you think? Simply must do something about that!

I'd bet your Dambala would find it rather comfortable coiled in that corner, don't you think?

#27967 - 06/13/05 01:11 AM Re: Your Altar [Re: SilverHammer]
Hydroksyde Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Quote:

Edit: Too bad I don't have a spare $40,000, or else this would make a dandy altar surface...

It's been removed... what was it?

#27968 - 06/13/05 01:14 AM Re: Your Altar [Re: HLGwyn]
Hydroksyde Offline

Quote:

The room is long, about 20-25 feet(North-South), and 15-20 feet wide(East-West). The walls are done with a sponging tecnique to have the look of aged parchment. Dominating the east wall is a stone fireplace, with two unmistakable black candles on either side of an antique mirror. Above the mirror is a set of Deer antlers, with black velvet covering the skull-crown. There is an old victorian couch before the fireplace, with carved wood along the back, curving down the arms, terminating into clawed feet for the legs. Two matching chairs are in the corners of the north wall, one near a bookcase full of my library articles, the other near a victorian lamp resting on a wood and marble-topped table.
In the corners of the south wall, resides a handmade suit of armor with my collection of edged weapons arrayed behind it like a peacocks tail. Opposite of that is an antique drafting desk, and a stark puritan wooden chair to compliment it. The corner of the desk holds aloft another glass victorian style lamp. I have self painted, or charcoal-drawn pictures lining the walls, as if in a gallery, and they range from the crashing sea, to whimsical demons, in type.
The west wall has an double wide opening with dark red curtains lining it, helping to distinguish that room, from the one it adjoins. It also has the company of my curio cabinet, filled with small brass temple-dogs, a naked pan tootin his horn, and wildly dancing, as well as the various silver chalaces, leatherbound books etc. befitting the overall old time feel to this sorcerers den.

Sounds like somewhere in myst...

#27969 - 06/13/05 01:17 AM Re: Your Altar [Re: Mason_Rust]
Hydroksyde Offline

I like it. What's the four armed creature in the back right corner called?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12115 Members
73 Forums
43871 Topics
405537 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements