Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#279666 - 10/27/07 04:15 AM On Clowns
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
Since I have experience being a goofball I thought I could do some commentary on the subject.

It is a fine line to tread, trying to keep an air of delightful charisma while tripping over ones own feet. Lose the charisma and you look like a compleat ass.

A well aimed cream pie here and there. Make sure your target is in on the joke or the tone in the room can drop to a hushed tension.

Sometimes the right expression seals the deal. Professional clowns know this technique well and have developed painted expressions that put their entertainee in the desired emotional mood.

Good clowns can be good fun. What is a good clown? Well, for certain, a good clown knows exactly what they are doing. Their seemingly clumsy behavior is indeed precisely calculated. It is an exact science, if you will, as it were.

All in all there is quite a bit to admire in such an individual. As a clown is indeed that, an individual that is. That is to say that there is little to suggest that clowns accidentally fall into their profession. It takes determination and great skill to become a successful clown in our day and age. For that, good clowns have my respect.

The bad ones? Well, I've never seen a bad clown really.

#279668 - 10/27/07 04:18 AM Re: On Clowns [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
 Quote:

You aren't looking hard enough.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#279669 - 10/27/07 04:22 AM Re: On Clowns [Re: Evil_Eve]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
Is the circus in town? I might find one tonight I suppose.

#279711 - 10/27/07 07:56 AM Re: On Clowns [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
 Originally Posted By: HoundDog

John Wayne Gacy?
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#279713 - 10/27/07 08:09 AM Re: On Clowns [Re: Shade]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

#279727 - 10/27/07 09:58 AM Re: On Clowns [Re: Shade]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Shade
 Originally Posted By: HoundDog

John Wayne Gacy?

Otherwise known as "Exposo the clown"

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#279730 - 10/27/07 10:05 AM Re: On Clowns [Re: Shade]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I was hoping this thread would be about how goddamn terrifying clowns can be!

#279732 - 10/27/07 10:14 AM Re: On Clowns [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
Thia is what ruined clowns for me forever!!!

#279734 - 10/27/07 10:18 AM Re: On Clowns [Re: reprobate]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
 Quote:
I was hoping this thread would be about how goddamn terrifying clowns can be!

I've never liked clowns myself. I hate this one.

"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#279735 - 10/27/07 10:23 AM Re: On Clowns [Re: TheNaturalForce]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
It's kinda weird, because clowns are sort of scary - Pennywise from "IT" was scary to me. But at the same time the classic italian clown act is in some ways very much the opposite of what Satanism is about.
You have the white clown, which is the refined aristocratic persona who tries to accomplish something artistic, like playing a musical instrument or something similar. And then you have the two who do all the funny stuff, I think they are called Augusts, which again is weird since "august" would be something refined and they are really caricatures of peasants.
So the fun is always at the expense of the character that we should actually be identifying with. But then again perhaps we find him funny because he is the one unable to be humerus about himself?

#279738 - 10/27/07 10:36 AM Coulrophobia [Re: Danny Mc.]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
"Coulrophobia" is fear of clowns.

In some cultures, pagan gods have human heads; but sometimes, instead, they look basically human, but with colored skin - yellow, red, blue. Shiva the Destroyer is the ultimate clown.

#279740 - 10/27/07 10:38 AM Re: On Clowns [Re: Danny Mc.]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Do you know why cannibals don't eat clowns?

They taste funny.

Attachments
IMAG0096.jpg

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#279747 - 10/27/07 11:00 AM Re: On Clowns [Re: Phineas]
Kenaz Offline

Can you taste the Rainbow?

Originally Posted By: Phineas
Do you know why cannibals don't eat clowns?

They taste funny.

The Tree of Knowledge | The Tree of Life

#279751 - 10/27/07 11:45 AM Re: On Clowns [Re: Phineas]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
You see! This clown I don't mind a bit, he's closer to his TRUE nature!
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#279788 - 10/27/07 04:17 PM Re: On Clowns [Re: reprobate]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Very terrifying! \:o

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405751 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements