Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#28200 - 02/25/04 02:57 AM Re: Would have Satanism been as popular...
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
If it had been popular it wouldn't have been Satanism.

#28201 - 02/26/04 10:01 PM As above, so below
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would have english been incorrect if you said "Would have Satanism been..."? Yes, would have it been.

There are good reasons for Satan being part of the name. It attracts some, and repels many others. The philosophy fits the devil's persona so well, why not use it? After all, God was created in the image of man, and Satan was created in the image of the Satanist.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Why think about what might have been? Satanism is already here, it's too late to stop the Age of Satan. IT HAS BEGUN!!! SO MOTE IT BE!!! MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

#28202 - 02/26/04 11:27 PM Re: Would have Satanism been as popular...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Satanists are born, not made. The book only verifies that for certain people, be it they are or are not.

There is a set number of Satanists in the world. It would be safe to say that a high percentage of those people do not know the name.

#28203 - 02/27/04 05:12 PM Re: Would have Satanism been as popular...
Ringu Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany, Earth
Quote:

It would be safe to say that a high percentage of those people do not know the name.

that or they associate the wrong things with it.

#28204 - 02/27/04 07:09 PM Re: Would have Satanism been as popular...
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
If the good Doctor didn't bring to be, somebody else would of. It is as simple as that.

#28205 - 02/27/04 09:58 PM Re: Would have Satanism been as popular... [Re: Ringu]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What I mean to say is that there are likely very many Satanists who do now know what a Satanist is.

And you're right: Many of those people may know the name and shun it due to ignorance. I was the same way before I knew what it was really about.

#28206 - 02/27/04 11:41 PM Re: Would have Satanism been as popular...
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
If it wasn't called Satanism, it wouldn't be Satanism. It would be something else.

Dr. La Vey chose to call his belief Satanism because it would be most constructive under that name.
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#28207 - 02/28/04 02:51 PM Re: Would have Satanism been as popular...
Ringu Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany, Earth
Yeah Please we all know there exist no right handed path of satanism

For me those people are just victims to the public media - stupid kids that want to be a bit different and acting in the ways where they can be sure that someone will recognize them

You know what i mean - its sad but true

#28208 - 03/05/04 02:41 AM Re: Would have Satanism been as popular... [Re: DCAdam22]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Satanism is a title used to underline the concept that the old religions are wrong. I wouldn't be suprised it the name Satan, because of the church, ceased to really symbolize evil.

Also, Shiva and Loki are not evil. I'm not supporting Hinduism or... "Norsism"? But it's not alright to have no idea what you're talking about.

#28209 - 03/05/04 03:55 AM Re: Would have Satanism been as popular...
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hungary
Quote:

Also, Shiva and Loki are not evil. I'm not supporting Hinduism or... "Norsism"? But it's not alright to have no idea what you're talking about.

"Evil is what you don't like", guess who I'm quoting. If you think about either of the "Ten Commandments", the first command is "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." So, if one worships any other god, than YHWH, he's an evil devil-worshipper already.

By the way, "Norsism" is called Ásatrú.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12217 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements