Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#283535 - 11/15/07 03:36 PM Why they are afraid to accept the name.
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
They are simply not one of us.

----

So much is revealed with so few words.

A person comes and and chooses an avatar to represent themselves.

"One picture is worth one thousand words."

Then the person writes and writes and writes but finally explains that he really isn't ready to call himself a Satanist yet.

They do not take the time to actually learn what that word means.

They can't restrain themselves from writing about their infinitely important personal opinions long enough to determine what Satanism actually is or who they are in relation to it.

Why?

Because they are in a big hurry.

(Where they are going other than the cemetery is quite beyond me).

They are programmed by the internet culture to expect instant answers to any and all questions.

Concise.

Simple.

Prepackaged.

Premasticated.

You do not have to be smart to see exactly who is who when they come here and post.

You only have to look.

It is truly impossible to miss.

You do not have to be a detective or a genius.

They will tell you - in great detail - why they are not Satanists.

Even though they do not even know what that is.

#283559 - 11/15/07 04:37 PM Re: Why they are afraid to accept the name. [Re: Nemo]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Dr. LaVey studied patterns in human behavior. He made it a point to constantly confirm these patterns when he met a new COS Priest or person of interest. He could tag people very easily, all based on his observations and confirmations.

We have an opportunity here to study some of these patterns, displayed by the ones Magister Nemo refers to in his post.

It is all there for those with eyes to see.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#283624 - 11/15/07 08:07 PM Re: Why they are afraid to accept the name. [Re: Nemo]
Majic Offline

Loc: Sagittarius III
Devil's Brood

Equally intriguing are those who style themselves Satanists but clearly are not.

They speak what they think are the "right words", and yet the words ring hollow.

They sport the traditional affectations, though it's merely an act to try to impress others.

They choose a path that exalts the individual, yet endeavor always to follow the herd.

They may even become members of the Church of Satan, yet remain ever oblivious to what it truly means to be a Satanist.

Are you a Satanist?

Any answer that doesn't ring true to the core of your being is a lie.

To thine own self be true.

#283655 - 11/15/07 10:36 PM Re: Why they are afraid to accept the name. [Re: Majic]
VictorWolf Offline
CoS Member

Sort of recalls in my mind Warlock Blackthorne's definition of "Black Sheep." The herd with black paint (on fingernails, lips, eyebrows, or just on their avatar). They attempt to speak the language and use the symbols, but don't comprehend (and/or apply) the philosophy.

#283776 - 11/16/07 01:39 PM Re: Why they are afraid to accept the name. [Re: Nemo]
Thoth Eye Offline

Loc: Israel
"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul." Carl Gustav Jung.

I think that your post, Magister, it just a looking glass to a "common - accepted" human behavior.

#283823 - 11/16/07 05:43 PM Re: Why they are afraid to accept the name. [Re: Nemo]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Empty posturing is annoying to me. What's more annoying to me are folks that want the title of a Satanist, but yet cannot accept the harshness that the philosophy entails:

The judgment that a Satanist deals out and desires at the same time.
The disdain and apathy for opinions from people who do not matter to the Satanist.
And the independent nature of a Satanist, that has such immense integrity that it cannot be stopped.

Of course, many of these empty-posturing folks are probably used to the blind acceptance that egalitarianism has afforded them; which under egalitarianism, anyone can be anything that their whims or wallet can get them.

#283884 - 11/16/07 09:41 PM Re: Why they are afraid to accept the name. [Re: Nemo]
Malakuma Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
I've noticed that many of these people, before they stomp off like a frustrated child (or are banned) spout off the idiotic accusation "You Satanists are just like Christians!" As if a Satanist will reply "Oh no! Not the Christians. We must change our ways. We won't judge you anymore. We will forgive your idiocy. We will accept the fact that you are a drug addict and a loser. Just don't compare us to those 'judgemental' Christians!"
Fools.

#283895 - 11/16/07 10:15 PM Re: Why they are afraid to accept the name. [Re: Nemo]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

How right you are Magister, people are very transparent- all you have to do is pay attention.

#283952 - 11/17/07 02:33 AM Re: Why they are afraid to accept the name. [Re: Nemo]
Matthew_Whitby Offline
Banned

Loc: Australia
Indeed. I don't exactly thinks it's a case of not knowing what it means, but a case of not wanting to know. Perhaps the ideology of Satanism portrayed by the media seems more appealing to oxymorons rather then what it actually is.

We don't solicit; thus we gain nor lose anything from their insolence.

#283963 - 11/17/07 05:25 AM Re: Why they are afraid to accept the name. [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
 Quote:
I don't exactly thinks it's a case of not knowing what it means, but a case of not wanting to know. Perhaps the ideology of Satanism portrayed by the media seems more appealing to oxymorons rather then what it actually is.

Or, maybe they're just a bunch of lazy bastards.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#283969 - 11/17/07 07:23 AM Re: Why they are afraid to accept the name. [Re: Nemo]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
To me it seems there are hordes of stoners, wannabe teenagers, counter-culture youths that flock to this site for the label and the idea, the very idea of Satanism is something that excites them, and empowers them with so much more than their life of trying to be daring and shocking and apart from the herd.

Not to say Satanists don't find Satanism exciting, we all embrace the image, the theatrics that is in the very essence of Satanism.

But much too often it is the case of people who want to be, and simply are not. It would be strange in usual situations to say what I'm about to say, but I think it apply here when people say, 'practice what you preach', and delight in it too.

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#284022 - 11/17/07 02:45 PM A reply to a LttD user. [Re: Nemo]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
 Quote:
Hello (LttD user),

Let me say first that my reply to you was not a personal attack and no offense was intended to you personally. I feel you have a understanding of Satanism. I also could have worded my response differently.

We must all take care when posting in the public forum. A lot of people come to LttD looking for some form of refugium. Some have read the Satanic Bible, some have not. Some that have read the Satanic Bible, still can't grasp an understanding of Satanism. Some come to LttD and can convey Satanic principles without having read any Satanic literature.

Many come to LttD confused and looking to "learn", yet they are too lazy to take action to study. Some folks that just don't get Satanism(and never will) want to debate hoping for a "metamorphosis" or pick and choose Satanic principles to fit their needs and "beliefs". These people waste our time and usually too ungrateful to properly thank us for the time we do waste on them. They should be avoided and shunned.

Again, no offense was intended to you personally, and I hope you understand why I replied the way I did.

H.S.!

I know some here think I'm a meanie, and I am! But I am also fair and just. I just wanted to share my thoughts.
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#284049 - 11/17/07 04:39 PM Re: Why they are afraid to accept the name. [Re: Biff]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Biff
To me it seems there are hordes of stoners, wannabe teenagers, counter-culture youths that flock to this site for the label and the idea, the very idea of Satanism is something that excites them, and empowers them with so much more than their life of trying to be daring and shocking and apart from the herd.

I see more hordes of "lay researchers" who just want to "know a bit more" about Satanism and "talk to real Satanists". Why such people are so sure that we'd want to talk to them is something that continues to escape me. Besides, all the information is there to be enjoyed by anyone who seeks it, one of the key defining points of Satanism is that it is rational and non-esoteric. If you're still not getting it now, you never will.

I think Magister Nemo's point is timely, there seems to be a large influx of the "I like what I'm reading but I'm not sure I'm a Satanist" type. Good for you, but we are and that's what we come here for. Now kindly GO AWAY.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#284179 - 11/18/07 08:09 AM Re: Why they are afraid to accept the name. [Re: Scion]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
More than anything, this is something I find amusing.

There is of course an antithesis to the "good guy badge" which is the "bad guy badge" - and what can be more bad than Satan? Consequently, quite the number of people who are having insecurity issues, social fear, etc., that they are reluctant to face, will rather try to hide behind a pretentious "bad guy badge" - under the false assumption that this will make them "somebody".

I am not so much condemning anyone for this. Life can difficult for many - and I understand that you can feel the need for a mask for a period of time, until you build your own identity in truth. However, this DOES get tedious with time, and I am trigger-happy with the "retard" label if this sort of behaviour carries on much beyond the age of 25...

#284331 - 11/19/07 02:17 AM Re: A reply to a LttD user. [Re: Danny Mc.]
Fala Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Nephilim
I know some here think I'm a meanie, and I am! But I am also fair and just. I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Oh, please...don't be a meanie to me. I can't handle it!

Come closer. I need a hug now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements