Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#284292 - 11/18/07 08:31 PM I Was Attacked Today
Thom Volkh Offline

I was getting my overcoat from the door.

A man came to me and started to ask about where I work (I work at a ski-resort); I told him where. He asked where exactly I worked.

I presented him with a promotional pen.

He declined. I dropped the pen at his feet.

He then turned to my friend to talk.

After that; without warning, he took hold of my hair.

Not for what I believe.

Not for what he believed.

Only for violence.

Violence was his media.

And I was his object.

Do I feel hate or the need for retaliation?

No.

Why?

Because I could use the legal system to attain cash money. I could acquire wealth.

It is not my goal.

The man will not enter the bar (nor any other bar anywhere I dwell).

That will be my retaliation.

If any customer mentions themselves being a friend of his when I am at work; they will only have the seed to blame.

Strong feelings would be wasted on these individuals.

What would you have done?

#284301 - 11/18/07 10:17 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
 Quote:

I would have been more respectful of the stranger by not dropping a pen at his feet.

Why would you provoke someone like that?

#284303 - 11/18/07 10:30 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
I'm wondering why this is being asked on a public forum...

Deal with it the best way that you'd like. End of story.

#284325 - 11/19/07 01:46 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
It sounds like you got your ass handed to you.

I guess the question is not what someone else would have done, but what did YOU learn?

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#284334 - 11/19/07 02:47 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: RandomStranger]
Thom Volkh Offline

Originally Posted By: RandomStranger
Why would you provoke someone like that?

He was talking down at me.

I only returned the favour.

#284335 - 11/19/07 02:49 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Philotechnic]
Thom Volkh Offline

Originally Posted By: Wolf Landon

Deal with it the best way that you'd like. End of story.

Just a story of violence.

This is how I deal with it.

End of story.

#284336 - 11/19/07 02:52 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
You certainly showed him a thing or two.

#284337 - 11/19/07 03:00 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: RandomStranger]
Thom Volkh Offline

And he resorted to physical violence.

I could see a better option in plain disinterest, humor or debate.

#284340 - 11/19/07 03:29 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
A better option for you, but clearly not for him. Walking away might have been sufficient...

#284343 - 11/19/07 04:22 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Matthew_Whitby Offline
Banned

Loc: Australia
"Responsibility to the responsible."

Seems to me that this thread is as pointless as the food at Hooters. You dropped a pen at his feet, and he retaliated. Good on him.

#284345 - 11/19/07 04:56 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Majic Offline

Loc: Sagittarius III
Yesterday some asshole I never met before shoved a pen in my face, then dropped it on my foot, so I made him my bitch.

No matter where in the world you may be, human society is really nothing more than a zoo without bars, and Earth is currently ruled by the monkey house.

Beware: Humans are prone to violence and are known to fling poo.

#284369 - 11/19/07 08:58 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
Personally I would've treated him like I do most. Silence is truly golden.

Then if he would've attacked me, he would be giving me the right to put him on the ground and walk away.

He wouldn't be able to play off my silence as an intention to provoke him.

He would be sitting in jail for domestic violence.

I get to walk free and clear, because I was defending myself, and I said nothing to provoke him.

The point, learn to use common sense.

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#284373 - 11/19/07 09:13 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
 Originally Posted By: Thom Volkh
This is how I deal with it.

Well, if you were happy with your decision, you wouldn't even bother asking a forum full of strangers about YOUR problem and wanting the forum's opinion on it.

What you're basically telling me is that you're not quite sure if the decision you made was the best plan of action, so you're going to get a second opinion by random strangers who don't even know you personally and by just typing a few words able to know the whole situation that happened.

For all we know, you could be lying and you could have provoked the guy with some sarcastic remarks.

THAT's why I say "I'm wondering why this is being asked on a public forum..."

#284374 - 11/19/07 09:32 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Philotechnic]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
 Quote:
and by just typing a few words able to know the whole situation that happened.

For all we know, you could be lying and you could have provoked the guy with some sarcastic remarks.
I was thinking the same thing as well.

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#284375 - 11/19/07 09:32 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Perhaps, then, you have learned that there are folks out there who resort to violence pretty quickly when provoked. If you are not capable of dominating that type of situation, then it would be best to do your taunting from the other side of a keyboard.

If a gorilla disrespects to you, returning the disrespect is silly if you can't physically back up your mouth - or actions, in this case.

He won, you lost.

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#284380 - 11/19/07 10:18 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I would have done my best to avoid the confrontation. I'm not naturally a violent person and don't seek it out. When I was a teenager I was smarter than everyone. And one day I let my brilliant snarky comments fly in the face of the wrong guy. My careless, snotty, flippant "I'm just being honest" attitude got me rewarded with quite a bit more than hair-pulling. Some lessons about tact come about as subtly as being hit by a train. Trains are soooooo easy to avoid but people still try to cross the track when all the red lights are flashing. It's your decision to do that, just don't be surprised when you get hit.

(Oh, and I saw this NatGeo program the other day on crime scene clean-up. It said that people who throw themselves in front of trains have a tendency to explode on impact! Sorry, that has nothing to do with my metaphor. I just thought it was interesting. )
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#284385 - 11/19/07 10:39 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
So you got grabbed by the hair and had witnesses around?
Why didn't you opt for just using that against that person?
There's a friend of mine that got slapped (just slapped), after some verbal situation.
And he dropped himself on the floor, there where a bunch of witnesses around and the police arrested the "violator".
He called in sick at his work and complained of major headaches.
His work sued the slapper, and he sued the slapper and won the whole thing in court. That is retaliation to me, even the fact that this wouln'd be my approach at all.
But it's a good example on how to avenge your situation.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#284395 - 11/19/07 11:34 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
He grabbed your hair? And then did he deliver a firm knee to your face? Did he drag you down to the ground by the hair? Did he hammer strike to the back of your neck?

Did you drop the pen accidentally? Or did you do it in disgust?

Was your conversation solely on just where you worked or on something more personal?

I am confused.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#284397 - 11/19/07 11:43 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Discipline]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Perhaps this will help: http://www.wwe.com/ ;\)

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#284402 - 11/19/07 11:50 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Ah, now I fully understand.

Cage match!

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#284407 - 11/19/07 12:10 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Lust Offline

"What would you have done?"

I would have sold him a resort package.

Might is Right!

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#284422 - 11/19/07 02:02 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Trau]
Moon Shadow Offline

Loc: ohio
From what I've read in the Satanic Bible

'If a man smite thee on one cheek, smash him on the other'.

Actually, from what you say,that dude will have future consequences for that uncalled behavior, if I understand your motives.

The man will not enter the bar (nor any other bar anywhere I dwell).

That will be my retaliation.

If any customer mentions themselves being a friend of his when I am at work; they will only have the seed to blame.

Strong feelings would be wasted on these individuals.

I think LaVey would smile. That poor dude....

Moon Shadow

#284424 - 11/19/07 02:12 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Atrum Offline
Banned

If a stranger came up to me and started asking questions not only about my work, but specifically where I worked, I would start asking questions too. I'd want to know what business is it of theirs, who wants to know, and why do they want to know. You didn't elaborate very much during your story, but it doesn't sound like the guy was trying to make conversation. It sounded more like he had an agenda.

I also wouldn't have dropped the pen at his feet. As others have said, this only provokes the situation and makes it go from bad to worse. You should consider yourself lucky that your retaliation came swiftly and that there were witnesses around. The world is full of people that would have waited until you were least expecting it and with no witnesses around.

#284426 - 11/19/07 02:35 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South

I would cut my hair shorter.

#284474 - 11/19/07 07:45 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Old_Pig]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
As others have suggested, it seems that a few relevant details have been omitted. You stated some of the facts, but we have no way of knowing about body language, other than the actual attack. Few people resort to violence as quickly as you stated, which causes me to wonder what actually happened.

Let's say I believe your version of the story for a moment ... If a stranger interrogated me I would have been skeptical. I wouldn't have dropped the pen. If the stranger would have moved towards me offensively, he would have been unconscious within a minute. But I'm a mixed martial arts fighter, formally trained in battling opponents of all strengths and skill levels, that might not be the wisest decision for you.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#284483 - 11/19/07 08:47 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Philotechnic]
de_Lioncourt Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Great observation Wolf Landon. I have often wondered why that anyone has to ask seemingly important questions of a group of strangers they only know online. I have seen this happen on numerous message boards. Perhaps I am being too harsh, but I am capable of running my own life so I can't understand it when others can't seem to.

As for Thom Volkh,

I agree with others I feel that certain factors are omitted. Although hair pulling sounds more like the act of a sissy than an attacker. A while back a co worker of mine (who was drunk and making an ass of himself) tried egging me into a fight by yelling at me. I calmly left and walked to my car. He didn't try to make a move on me (he was smarter than that). The result he stood there and made an ass of himself.

First, you didn't have to answer any questions that you didn't want to. You offered him a pen and he refused it. You then dropped it at his feet (most likely insulting him). Notice who I am placing the emphasis on here? The situation was in your control from the very beginning. It sounds to me as though your hopes of

Quote:
Because I could use the legal system to attain cash money. I could acquire wealth.

will not happen, as it sounds likely that you created the situation by both your inaction and action. Then again who knows the "victim" always invokes sympathy.

That is not to say I am against defending oneself. As I said, my co worker was smart enough not to lay one finger on me. I don't provoke situations. I always have let the other guy throw the first punch. Two reasons, it gives me one hell of an adrenaline rush and then I drop him. At that point anything I do is in self defense. Number of times I have been in jail: 0. Number of times I have been sued: 0. Fortunately I haven't had to resort to that two many times. Most of my friends say if they didn't know me they would be scared to meet me in a dark alley. I guess I have a menacing appearance.

I say put your chin up, admit you got your hair messed up, and stop whining (especially playing the role of a victim). It makes you look weak. (If you included all of the facts you could have retaliated with force, had the physical satisfaction of kicking someones ass, and got off Scott free as it would have been self defense). Perhaps in the future you should choose your battles a bit more wisely.

Hail Satan!!

Edited by Wylie (11/19/07 08:48 PM)

#284484 - 11/19/07 08:52 PM What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Thom Volkh]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
In a word, it is baited.

I do not know (or care) if this was done accidentally or deliberately.

However the bait is there.

What do I mean?

Folks, anytime you read a post that contains a question like, "What would you do?" or "Do you think I was right?" understand that you are being baited.

Let's face facts.

Is this the place to come to get a Satanic "okay" on your actions?

Do you think it makes sense to come to this message board and discuss personal issues and then ask for the opinions of strangers?

Is that a highly Satanic thing to be doing?

Now I actually do not know the intent of the author here.

But neither do you.

Don't take bait.

Often there is a hook involved.

#284496 - 11/19/07 09:37 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: de_Lioncourt]
Morganti Offline

Quote:
I presented him with a promotional pen.

He declined. I dropped the pen at his feet.

I don't think he had the right to attack you.
However it appears that you provoked the attack, and possibly you were unable to deal with the consequences of your action(s), although of course this would of been unexpected I assume.
I am sure it seems to some, that you are posting to try and (as Nemo said) gain a Satanic "okay".

Personally I would think the most obvious thing to do since that person unnecessarily used violence against you ...
Maybe you made a wrong decision, and now your trying to justify it to yourself?

Quote:
Counter Productive Pride -

That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point where you begin to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
The rule of Satanism is if it works for you, great.
When it stops working for you, when you've painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I'm sorry I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

- The Satanic Scriptures, Page 30
#5 of The 9 Satanic Sins

I don't think this person would of also feared any consequences of his actions.
Is suing the man the best way of attempting to get this person to see there should be consequences for unjustified violence? Are you interested in doing so?

I am not saying any of this to attack you Thom Volkh, only to inform, something you should possibly think about. (In many different situations as well, not just this one, something we all need to remember.)

Quote:
Do I feel hate or the need for retaliation?

No.

You should, you do? Isn't suing meant to be your retaliation.

#284497 - 11/19/07 09:42 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Morganti]
de_Lioncourt Offline
CoS Member

Please understand that I did not put up the original post. None of the above quoted statements in Morganti's post were mine. I would not have to ask anyone on a message board how to run my life. I responded to the post. Which after thought, I agree with Magister Nemo. It is baiting and is really not worthy of response.

Hail Satan!!

Edited by Wylie (11/19/07 09:44 PM)

#284512 - 11/19/07 10:51 PM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Nemo]
Majic Offline

Loc: Sagittarius III
 Originally Posted By: Nemo
Don't take bait.

Often there is a hook involved.

But... but... the lure was so shiny!

#284595 - 11/20/07 06:55 AM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Nemo]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

BRAVO Magister, Your smart!

#284596 - 11/20/07 06:58 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Old_Pig]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

Now your talking!

#284606 - 11/20/07 08:02 AM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: DickSteele]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
 Originally Posted By: DickSteele

Understatement of the decade.

#284757 - 11/20/07 04:11 PM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: $lesk]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

True.

#284773 - 11/20/07 05:08 PM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: $lesk]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Slesk
 Originally Posted By: DickSteele

Understatement of the decade.

Even if it isn't grammatically correct. ;\)

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#284864 - 11/21/07 05:42 AM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Scion]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Maybe, the enemy is an avid environmentalist.

I'd be a pissed off environmentalist if some imbecile that I was trying to talk to dropped some un-biodegradable litter at my feet.

Bravo, Environmentalist.

Maybe one day everyone will learn to respect...

Maybe not, though.

#284865 - 11/21/07 05:47 AM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
In Soviet Russia, pens drop you at their feet.

#284866 - 11/21/07 05:51 AM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: $lesk]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown

#284914 - 11/21/07 12:16 PM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I don't understand this whole situation. How does dropping a pen inspire somebody to grab your hair? A lot of context is missing here.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#284962 - 11/21/07 07:57 PM Primate dominance games. [Re: TrojZyr]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
 Quote:
How does dropping a pen inspire somebody to grab your hair?

It is similar to paying someone money by dropping it on the floor.

The recipient would then have to bow down to pick it up.

Monkeys have a big thing about lowering one's posture below another.

It makes it easier to throw things down on them. ;\)

#285023 - 11/22/07 04:37 AM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: TrojZyr]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
Maybe it's a Scandinavian thing?

#285027 - 11/22/07 04:56 AM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Adveser]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Finland is not always considered part of Scandinavia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

Nordic would probably be more correct.

In general people are not attacked for dropping pens, but again provocative behavior in a bar, which this could be interpreted as, in some cases leads to violence depending on the place and context. But I hardly think that is something local to a particular area \:\)

#285029 - 11/22/07 05:01 AM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: verszou]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
Of course, I was joking. You are right about the Scandinavia/Nordic thing, I forgot about that. Its all semantics anyway as far as i'm concerned, I was going for the layman interpretation anyway. Just like some Swedes speak Finnish and vice versa.

#285033 - 11/22/07 05:45 AM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Adveser]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Adveser
Of course.

I sensed you might be. Though if you go back and read an encyclopedia from the turn of the century there are some where the Finnish people are described as prone to violence \:\) probably by the same authority who added the entry that described Africans very tersely as "people who enjoy dancing".

Edited by verszou (11/23/07 12:43 AM)
Edit Reason: Missing word

#285227 - 11/23/07 12:41 AM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Nemo]
Fala Offline
CoS Member

Exactly, Nemo.

I need another ignore button...this one is getting worn out.

#287337 - 12/01/07 02:16 PM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Fala]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Hmmmmmmm.

Well look what just fell out of the dogs ass.

I just finally happened upon this post and must say that I don't feel you are being 100% honest here.

With that being said, there are of course, NUT JOBS everywhere who without provocation will attack.

Had you not been so foolish as to drop that pen at your 'attackers' feet, it would have made a handy weapon.

Your entries smell of an outhouse that hasn't had a single sprinkling of lyme...

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#287339 - 12/01/07 02:24 PM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Loc: CT
 Originally Posted By: Evil_Eve

Had you not been so foolish as to drop that pen at your 'attackers' feet, it would have made a handy weapon.

Ha! Words to remember indeed.

Edited by Fagneto (12/01/07 02:24 PM)
Edit Reason: Sword? Fuck a sword.
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#287520 - 12/02/07 05:18 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Trau]
Leonardo Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Chile
Hello,

Very "hazy" situation - this is a world where the deliberate retarded rule...for sure
Why to play their game if you consider yourself part of a "very special elite"? Why to waste your time with random strangers that at the end "grab you by the hair" because they take the power you give to them "by throwing a pen in their feet"? Remember you are making history every minute of your life, so "they" are doing history too! Think about the consequences!
Do you work in that place? If so, sorry, but you can't follow the stupid games of a costumer or person from the outside, by showing good manners all the time to that unexpected people you are giving them a strong lesson already - you are creating the necesary distance but by entering in their compulsive dynamic you are just acting as uneducated and compulsive like they do!
Next time take a second to put things on perspective.

#287656 - 12/03/07 12:00 PM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Majic]
Lexifer Offline

My advice.. and you can take this how ever you want. I have lived in slums and hoods in SC over my life & am glad to now be in a safe living environment. I have seen some horrific crimes.

No matter who talks down to you or confronts you with anything. "Never under estimate a that person." you could have wound up with a new smile under your jaw.

If you provoked him you deserved what you got, and the situation could have ended worse..... don't be mad about it "learn" and move on.

#287687 - 12/03/07 01:32 PM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Fagneto]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
I had an interesting encounter at the grocers store last evening.

This....was indeed VERY ODD and the chances of encountering the same person after nearly 7 years is pretty remote Me thinks.

Let's turn the clock back to 9-11 when the United States was under attack.

We lost the World Trade Center, four commercial aircrafts, and the Pentagon was attacked by cowards.

I remember as everyone remembers the days that shortly followed those attacks.

Were We going to be attacked again? The airports were closed, people were fearful to go shopping..... I remember.

I was at a shopping plaza a day or so after the attacks. (Well, whatever day it was where the President declared a National 'Prayer Day'.

I recall hearing him speak because the shopping center put his voice over the PA in place of the crappy lounge music that one would usually hear.

I stopped to listen and I was heavy hearted during this time. Friends lost, uncertainty, etc.

A moment later I began to walk while thinking about the recent tragic events when a rather large blond woman and I brushed shoulders.

Not knowing if it was My fault (probably was) I said something along the lines of "Oh sorry, excuse Me".

To this she responded:

"Why don't you watch where the hell you are going next time!"

I was a bit taken back. We barely touched each other and she made it into something BIG really BIG.

Her husband shifted his feet and looked shamefully at the floor. Clearly, he was embarrassed by her outburst.

I walked AWAY.

Last night....I was in the grocery store doing My thing and trying to get one of those infernal produce bags open that never quite want to open for you. (I call them Virginal bags).

As I was trying to do this I noticed a woman behind My cart. She had plenty of room to get by (and she did without problem). She also could have went around the other way but no.....she was looking for an argument.

THIS WAS THE SAME DAMNED WOMAN from 2001!

I never forget a face.

She walks by and then loudly exclaims: "YOU KNOW YOU COULD MOVE BITCH!"

What did I do?

I MOVED FAR FAR AWAY FROM HER.

I find it very unstable when complete strangers have outburst over such insignificant things.

Sometimes, it is simply best to leave a situation (even if you do have a snappy come-back. Even if you ARE IN THE RIGHT).

Sometimes, you can be DEAD right. Screw that.

I imagine that this woman leads a very unproductive and sad life. She takes out her anger on strangers who she feels will not retaliate.

Her husband (once again at her side) looked around the store (anywhere but in My eyes). Sad.

The moral of this story is much like the song that Kenny Rogers sang:

You gotta know when to walk away......know when to run.

Call Me coward of the County, but nobody pulled a gun or a knife on Me last night or My hair.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#287700 - 12/03/07 02:35 PM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Not quite the same as Evil Eve's story but it reminds me of when I used to work in a book shop - I also never forget a face which is what made me think of it. By the way Evil Eve you're a very sensible woman to keep away from such tards, you just need to breathe funny in their direction (or, maybe, drop a pen at their feet ) to get a face full of fist, and no-one wants that.

There was this guy would come in on Saturdays (you know, the busiest day of the retail week) and queue up with a stack of books. He would ALWAYS get visibly annoyed whilst standing in the queue as it clearly didn't move quickly enough for his liking (which is ridiculous as I always ran my till extremely quickly, many people positively commented as such). And, invariably, he would make a big visually dramatic sign of exasperation and dump the books on the nearest surface before storming out in a huff.

My thoughts whenever I was greeted by this? That freak has poor self control. Oh, and as the person who usually had to collect said books to put them up for restacking I know that he was always buying gay erotic fiction (smirk).

Why is this relevant to the OP? It's not - but who cares?

Edited by Scion (12/03/07 02:37 PM)
Edit Reason: Cos

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#290855 - 12/15/07 12:24 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Thom Volkh Offline

I apologize for digging up this oldish post and for wasting the few precious minutes of your time, but I feel it to be a necessary evil for myself to clarify a thing or two.

To the point: the original post

I do regret making the posts. Especially on a public forum. I somehow considered it therapeutic in some perverse way at that time. And I guess I was looking for that "Satanic okay."

The main reason the original and the following few posts were somewhat hazy was mostly because I - as well as every party concerned - was in a rather intoxicated state.

But why did I make the original post? Well, after contemplating on my motives for making the post, I believe I was feeling angry, violated and vulnerable. And I felt the need to vent a bit; as I previously mentioned: it felt therapeutic at that time.

The post was not meant as "bait" nor was any part of it fabricated; I do not lie when I do not see it necessary - and here, in the promised land of anonymity: the internet - I see no reason to do so.

If I had seen it necessary, I propably would have told you a glorified fabrication of a battle where I won. But I am no "Internet Warrior," so there was no point in doing so.

More to the matter of what happened and why

The story went as I told it before: after the perpetrator (from my point of view he was just that, a perpetrator: the violator of my physical integrity) was done making queries about me and had refused to accept the item - in this case a promotional pen - which he had asked for before, I saw it fit to display my contempt and drop it at his feet. It obviously frustrated and/or angered him which led him to grab my hair and to roll me around the floor a bit.

As you might already have assumed, I also am not a real-life warrior-type; I have "the soul of a poet," as some would say. I usually manage to stay out of trouble.

Making the original post or my actions in the bar were not in any way Satanic nor were they smart things to do: this I now know and will not repeat my foolish actions - online or offline.

Why make this post now and not then? The matter would require more introspection - most likely it was out of shame. And for good reason I think.

I do hope there still is a small chance of rising myself a bit from the cesspool of idiocy.

I have now said what I had to say and am now ready for the gallows.

Yours,
Thom Volkh

Edited by Thom Volkh (12/15/07 12:28 PM)

#290911 - 12/15/07 06:22 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
Faded Offline

Being a man of my size and what I know, well I can only promise that the man would not have walked away from that situation. He would have been wheeled away on a stretcher, I have no tolerance for that kind of crap. Once someone has given me a reason to swing I will take it as far as legally justified.

#290932 - 12/15/07 07:50 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Faded]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
 Quote:
Being a man of my size and what I know, well I can only promise that the man would not have walked away from that situation. He would have been wheeled away on a stretcher,

"The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain."
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#301189 - 01/24/08 07:51 PM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
GCaesarWhiskers Offline

Loc: TN, USA
I'm glad that You are okay.

Because You survived the ordeal, You
now have the opportunity to reflect
about what has happened, and what You
can do differently in the future.

The greatest weapon the human animal
has is the capacity to reason.

I'm sure that You now realize that a
frighteningly large number of "human animals"
simply react without weighing the
consequences of their actions.

That having been said, please ponder the
following statement:
"Nobody ever truly wins an argument."

Best Wishes for the Future,

GCaesarWhiskers

p.s.: Another trait of the human animal is
the capacity to use "tools".

If You should ever feel that You might be
in danger, again, there are always any number of
"tools" that You might employ.

My suggestion is to always use the tool of Reason, FIRST.
For every action, there is a consequence.
You have the capacity to choose.
CHOOSE WELL.
And may your dominant mate always be happy to see you

Meerkat Blessing

www.vampiretemple.com

#301222 - 01/25/08 01:08 AM Re: I Was Attacked Today [Re: Thom Volkh]
ModernTantalus Offline

I've been a martial artist for many years. I'd have beat the shit out of him and then sued him for battery. The more bullshit I put up with the less inclined I am to be lenient.

Edit: I've read further and realized the attack was not entirely unprovoked, but the aggression against you was certainly not in line with the offense. I don't find anything wrong with seeking the opinions of fellow Satanists or asking what they would have done in a similar situation. I've come on here seeking much the same. After all, it's better to seek advice from the elite and comfort from those of similar mind. The only fault I see isn't so much that the initial post was baited as the fact that it was not entirely honest. It seems you've learned that now. For future reference, if you want accurate feedback you have to provide a full and accurate account of the situation you're seeking feedback on. Otherwise, any advice given will be of little help because it will be about a situation other than the one actually encountered.

Edited by ModernTantalus (01/25/08 01:22 AM)

#301617 - 01/26/08 05:33 PM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Nemo]
Rodim Offline

good point magister, but there could be a different intention here. In my point of view its ok. A person does feel sometimes that he has to express his frustrations to the public in order to get rid of them. its completely normal, and being suspicious of such as these posts doesn't necessarily mean its a bait.

H.S.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

-Horace Walpole

#301618 - 01/26/08 05:38 PM Re: What is wrong with this thread? [Re: Rodim]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

On another message board, perhaps. But here, experience tells us otherwise. ;\)

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements