Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#285334 - 11/23/07 03:33 PM Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism.
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Here a suggestion you certainly do not have to take.

Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism.

While it is popular in some circles to assume that science and reason have ruled out the possibility of God/s existing, they really have not.

To be able to prove the non-existence of God/s would require that we fully understand what is actually impossible in reality.

As the world's top physicists cannot yet agree on this issue, there is a problem with pretending to do this.

The Satanic posture is actually simpler and more powerful.

We do not care whether or not there is a big Juju in the sky!

We would be Satanists with or without big Juju.

We are pragmatists and simply do not see any advantage in bowing down to immature sociopathic homicidal maniacs (unless it would be to save our skins and get out of their reach in a crisis).

"Evangelical" atheists have not really matured enough from an advanced Satanic perspective in my opinion.

The need to "convert" the world to no faith in God interests the mature Satanist no more than the need to convert the world to its opposite.

Pragmatically speaking, most Satanists treat the universe as Godless because that seems to be the way things are.

Like a cat plays with a mouse, we sometimes enjoy playing with the emotional chains that lock evangelists of all stripes into their need to convert, but, at heart, we are really only playing.

Cats are cats and mice are mice.

If you are a cat you will understand what I mean.

If not, you won't.

Just a suggestion from my own personal opinion.

#285335 - 11/23/07 03:51 PM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: Nemo]
Citizen Varrian Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Utah
Things like this make me kick myself in the ass for not already owning a copy of The Fire From Within.

Thank you very much for sharing your views on this.

#285346 - 11/23/07 04:49 PM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: Citizen Varrian]
mighty_honour_kr Offline

Loc: Scotland, United Kingdom
I have yet to see anyone here decry the existence of a God. As difficult as it is to prove that a God does not exist, it's still well within our power to estimate (close enough) how improbable a God such as that of the Christians might be?

And that is very improbable.

It is very much a fact however that some atheists try just as hard to convert people as their sworn enemies do.

I believe Christians and atheists are very much the same people. Christians profess they believe in heaven, hell and life after death, but at the same time almost all of them share a crippling fear of death, why? Wouldn't you be begging to die if you knew paradise was waiting there after?

It seems to me like the compulsion to convert as many people as is possible, is a direct result of their fears of being wrong and wasting their life. The more people they convert the more comfortable they feel with their decision to spend their one and only life groveling to please a mass murderer.

Strength in numbers if you will.

The same could be said for the atheists, every time they manage to convert someone it somehow validates their decision and helps them sleep at night, knowing they’re not going to burn for eternity, it's very weak minded.

But like you say, life is too short to waste worrying about whether or not someone else is wasting theirs.

Live and let waste, it's their problem.
"Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. And yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you cannot conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, or five times more? Perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless..."

#285350 - 11/23/07 05:01 PM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: mighty_honour_kr]
Gryphon66 Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Unfortunately, many proclaimed atheists merely adopted the "religion" of scientism.

To me, a master by any other name still smells of excretia.

#285360 - 11/23/07 05:34 PM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: Gryphon66]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Gryphon66
Unfortunately, many proclaimed atheists merely adopted the "religion" of scientism.

To me, a master by any other name still smells of excretia.

Oh how badly do I want to strangle people who say "I believe in science" when being asked what their religion is. Science is NOT a religion, it's a process. Believing in it doesn't make it any more or less effective.

A very lucid point Magister, and something I've thought about myself but not so cogently. Indeed I'm involved in a discussion about atheism on a different message board and some of the atheists involved are equally as self righteous as the theists. My take, same as yours, is there's no way of verifying god's existence one way or the other so it's pretty much irrelevant to life here and now.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#285367 - 11/23/07 06:10 PM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: Scion]
shadowraven213 Offline

I think my signature and the words you used complement each other perfectly scion, belief is tantamount to ignoring or not wanting to see the truth which is itself unscientific just like "Christian Atheists" are a paradox in them selfs.

God or the existence thereof will only affect me when i actually see him her or it and if hes anything like his followers say he is we wont be getting along too well but i don't let it bother me i have much more important things to do with my time while i am alive and if i do die then it still wont matter to me because by that time i will have achieved most if not all i want to in my life.

#285371 - 11/23/07 06:18 PM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: Citizen Varrian]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
So stop kicking yourself and purchase the book!

Simple I would think ;\)

HS!

-Albert Camus

"To passion, to paradise, to pain, to night."

#285404 - 11/23/07 09:53 PM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: Nemo]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
What I've noticed from the major evangelical atheist groups is that their desire to convert the masses to atheism stems from a desire of avoiding the negative social consequences of popular religion, not necessarily from a desire to make everyone believe what they believe (though there are some of those as well).

#285420 - 11/23/07 11:43 PM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: Citizen Varrian]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

You are most welcome.

#285421 - 11/23/07 11:49 PM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: Nemo]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I’m a Satanist first… and Atheism is secondary.

I still consider myself a “practical Atheist” in the sense that I don’t need an external God to function. I don’t know if there is some kind of deity somewhere in the Universe. But for practical purposes, my model of the Universe works perfectly without the presence of that deity.

When I say “My model” I mean the microscopic portion of the Universe that I can grasp with my limited senses and comprehension. Whether or not a God exists outside of that territory is irrelevant to me.

#285445 - 11/24/07 03:17 AM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: Scion]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Scion
My take, same as yours, is there's no way of verifying god's existence one way or the other so it's pretty much irrelevant to life here and now.

I understand your meaning here, but I'm going to apply a bit of a spin...

Although there is no way to prove that god does not exist, there IS a way to prove that he DOES exist. Unfortunately (or fortunately) he would have to exist in order to do so. If he DID exist, I would think he would manifest himself somehow, someway.

However, I'm not particularly concerned with whether he exists or not. If he did, he would have an awful lot of explaining to do. Then again, perhaps staying hidden is the best idea he's had! ;\)

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#285449 - 11/24/07 04:14 AM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: Trau]
sinnersaint Offline

Loc: Rochester
Well put Nemo.

#285451 - 11/24/07 04:29 AM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: Nemo]
Matthew_Whitby Offline
Banned

Loc: Australia
It is impossible to prove the existance of any higher-entity other than mand-kind in itself. I find the belief in anything supernatural to be quite delusional and idiotic, but then I think "what if I'm wrong?"

It is possible that there may be some deity surrounding us, but that wouldn't alter our thought-process for the one simple fact: even if it was proven, there would be and always will be hypocrisy. Since there have been "Gods" there has been killing in his name.

Science has not yet evolved enough to prove the existance of "God" or the mighty "Devil" and reality suggests (as well as common sense) that nothing exists above us as any supernatural-entity. We are the latter.

Thanks, Magister!

#285515 - 11/24/07 12:19 PM The white crow. [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
It is impossible to prove the existance of any higher-entity other than mand-kind in itself.

You have forgotten about cats.

#285519 - 11/24/07 12:22 PM Re: Do not pin your Satanism on your atheism. [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Maybe.

Maybe not.

You are indulging in mind reading, after all.

Leon Festinger has other opinions that I share from his theory of Cognitive Consonance.

People come to believe in what they do.

Then they confabulate their "reasons" and believe these are true as well.

It is not easy to become conscious.

It is worth it however.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43882 Topics
404447 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements