Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#285610 - 11/25/07 01:49 AM Missionaries
Fueld by Fire Offline

Loc: Coupville Wa
Does anybody else have encounters with Missionaries?

I do all the time, even more, now that I believe in Satanism. As a matter of fact, this evening I was questioned by two elders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints. They asked me if I would be interested in recieving one of their pamphlets on their church. At first I declined the offer and told them I am proud of myself. They questioned me, "what do you mean." I replied, "well I'm a firm believer in satanism." There was that awkward silence as they exchanged glances. I asked them if they were affraid of a satanist, and they hessitated. haha. To some people that may be a sign of truth, to others a lie. I believe that they had never encoutered a person like me before, but maybe they had. No matter, I took controll of the conversation and told them that if there was to be a conversation between us, to go research some basic things on Satanism, so im not talking to complete idiots, and then come back so we could talk more and share our thoughts. They said no problem and that they would be back to talk to me.

Is that wrong of me?
Anybody else have encounters to share?

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I live, I will kill you. If I die you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor
-Randy Blythe, Lamb of God

#285614 - 11/25/07 01:59 AM Re: Missionaries [Re: Fueld by Fire]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Edited for being pointless.

You clearly don't understand what it is to be a Satanist, or have not yet read the Satanic bible. It isn't necessary to pick out specific points in your post that suggest that, I am sure many others will point that out in short time.

Also, no introduction post. Bad news.

Edited by Phosis (11/25/07 02:01 AM)

#285615 - 11/25/07 02:06 AM Re: Missionaries [Re: TheDegenerate]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
I completely agree. Once some of these people rang the door bell of my house. When They asked me if I were interested in some literature, I told them "no thanks" and that was it. This seems to be the way to go. Maybe they'll find people that are not doing well and make them productive citizens. Some people need religion to get thier shit together, so maybe this church, as erronious as any other faith-based nonsense, will help some of these losers out. My two cents, feel free to disagree.

#285616 - 11/25/07 02:33 AM Re: Missionaries [Re: Adveser]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Sorry Adveser, you hit my post...I edited it down to what it is no more then a minute after I posted it.

Not trying to deceieve anyone, just didn't want to go off on a rant asking this user all sorts of questions that have no answers.

#285628 - 11/25/07 03:58 AM Re: Missionaries [Re: Fueld by Fire]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
It seems that hardly a week goes by without some new member dropping in with a tall tale about how they did this or that to make JW's, missionaries, the local priest or what have you uncomfortable or question their faith.

Since Satanism does not have missionaries and does not require martyrs - what is the point? To me it seems like a variation on the old thing where guys in the locker room brag about their female conquests.

#285634 - 11/25/07 04:03 AM Re: Missionaries [Re: verszou]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

It just seems so non-Satanic to even be talking about frivolous shit such as this. Maybe I am becoming more easily irritated (Especially since I spent my day reading The Satanic Scriptures from front cover to back) but I don't know what a Satanist could possibly get out of "Telling those dudes off lol!1".

#285638 - 11/25/07 11:37 AM Re: Missionaries [Re: Fueld by Fire]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Where's your introduction?
Prevention of Virtue

#285641 - 11/25/07 11:59 AM Re: Missionaries [Re: LKRice]
mighty_honour_kr Offline

Loc: Scotland, United Kingdom
There are a few reasons why someone might spin such a tale.

One would be that they expect some Satanic kudos, a pat on the back for jousting with the local Mormons. As everyone who hasn’t read the Satanic Bible ‘knows’, we love to concern ourselves with the religious beliefs of others and draw them into debate whenever possible.
"Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. And yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you cannot conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, or five times more? Perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless..."

#285649 - 11/25/07 12:33 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: TheDegenerate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Yeah, for the most part, I just want to be able to get along with people and go about my business. Unless I'm in a really goofy mood and really want to sock it to somebody, I tend to see trying to shock people with Satanism as pointless. It just generates a lot of sturm und drang for everybody involved.

And in any case, if you are going to shock people, you have to do it with some finesse. For example, I'd get a friend to lie naked in the middle of the living room, or I'd show up to the door wearing a black robe, holding a framed picture of Strawberry Shortcake.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#285675 - 11/25/07 02:13 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: TrojZyr]
Fueld by Fire Offline

An introduction? I'm affraid I don't understand.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I live, I will kill you. If I die you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor

#285676 - 11/25/07 02:16 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: Fueld by Fire]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

There is a spot on this site for new member introductions. You are required to post one there, or face banning within a set number of days. It is a good idea to read other introductions so you write a proper one as well.

#285677 - 11/25/07 02:16 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: Fueld by Fire]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
Judging from your mood indicator, you are upset. There is no reason to be angry. It's board policy to post your introduction before posting. Please post your introduction in the proper forum so we know a little more about you.

Thank you.

#285680 - 11/25/07 02:31 PM Your introduction. [Re: Fueld by Fire]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...

#285692 - 11/25/07 02:49 PM Re: Your introduction. [Re: Nemo]
Fueld by Fire Offline

Please bare with me. Thankyou for the link.

#285706 - 11/25/07 03:06 PM Re: Your introduction. [Re: Fueld by Fire]
Fueld by Fire Offline

So many things to say. But I'm not a bigshot, so I'll be quiet.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406071 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements