Topic Options
#286895 - 11/29/07 08:04 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: RaSc]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: RaSc
 Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
different flavors of Satanism

I prefer my Satanism to be spicy and well aged, like a fine cheddar. However, some people might prefer their Satanism sweet or savory, but that's just pretentious. This is serious stuff, I'm sure you can appreciate the difference, Roho. ;\)

Alright...You guys know what I mean. That word that describes things that describe things before a noun. None of those. "Modern, Theistic, Traditional, salty..."

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#286897 - 11/29/07 08:08 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Haha. Salty Satanism. It is funny, but it seriously doesn't sound anymore ridiculous than "Theistic Satanism." That's like having a religion called "Atheistic Christianity." Oh wait, I think I have read about that somewhere...

What a bunch of crap.

#286900 - 11/29/07 08:09 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: TheDegenerate]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
I have not yet had the privilege of mixing my Satanism with a good mead. It might be deserving of its own bible, message board and emporium. \:D

#286902 - 11/29/07 08:11 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: RaSc]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Hail the birth of the "Salty Satanism" Message board, "Salty Letters to Our Much Saltier Devil."

#286903 - 11/29/07 08:13 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: TheDegenerate]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Phosis
Hail the birth of the "Salty Satanism" Message board, "Salty Letters to Our Much Saltier Devil."

Does Salty describe the type of Satanism where you feel all icky afterwards? I recommend scrubbing yourself repeatedly in the shower, while crying "why me!?"

#286905 - 11/29/07 08:22 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: RaSc]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
 Quote:

Originally Posted By: Phosis Hail the birth of the "Salty Satanism" Message board, "Salty Letters to Our Much Saltier Devil."

Does Salty describe the type of Satanism where you feel all icky afterwards? I recommend scrubbing yourself repeatedly in the shower, while crying "why me!?"

This is the kind of nonsense is why I stated to the original post...
 Quote:
This is a question that should be asked in the questions forum.
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#286906 - 11/29/07 08:26 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: Danny Mc.]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Sound advice.

#286907 - 11/29/07 08:27 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: Danny Mc.]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Nephilim
 Quote:

Originally Posted By: Phosis Hail the birth of the "Salty Satanism" Message board, "Salty Letters to Our Much Saltier Devil."

This is the kind of nonsense is why I stated to the original post...
 Quote:
This is a question that should be asked in the questions forum.

You are right, of course. Although this thread has lost its seriousness many posts ago. I'm just having a bit of fun.

#286962 - 11/29/07 11:08 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: Fueld by Fire]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
 Quote:
Does anybody else have encounters with Missionaries?

No.

I vaguely remember a Jehovah's Witness coming to my family's house, once, when I lived in Wisconsin (around the age of eight, probably).

The one thing which vividly remained in my memory was the picture from the cover of her pamphlet: a cuddly depiction of children frolicking in a flowery field with lions and tigers.

I assume it was illustrating the "post-Christ's return" paradise of lore.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#286964 - 11/29/07 11:11 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: Scion]
Fueld by Fire Offline

Loc: Coupville Wa
 Originally Posted By: Scion
 Originally Posted By: Fueld by Fire
 Originally Posted By: hellbent666
We had some missionaries of some sort stop by the other day and I just so happened to answer the door. My mom heard them at the door and said "We're not interested." and slammed the door in their face... so I'm glad my mom slammed the door on their face so we didn't waste anyone's time...

That doesn't make sense...

How does it not make sense - looked pretty clear to me. Or are you referring to the confusion about him opening the door and his mother closing it? That does actually seem a bit contradictory...

Exactly

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I live, I will kill you. If I die you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor
-Randy Blythe, Lamb of God

#286974 - 11/29/07 11:34 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: hellbent666]
Fueld by Fire Offline

Your avatar is ridiculous

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I live, I will kill you. If I die you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor

#286976 - 11/29/07 11:40 PM Re: Missionaries [Re: Fueld by Fire]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

If you had one, would it too be ridiculous?

#286982 - 11/30/07 12:15 AM Re: Missionaries [Re: TheDegenerate]
hellbent666 Offline
Banned

Loc: Colorado
Weve gotten way off the topic here. I apologize for my insolence and maybe I should just read posts for a while before I make them. I just don't want you people getting the wrong idea about me. I guess there really is no point in acknowledging them at all btu I like to keep all opinions in mind even if I disagree with them. All points are valid to an extent and can mean a lot of different things to the individual. Maybe I should shy away from touchy subjects such as this one since a ton of you are CoS members. I think knowledge is power and the more I know the better and more well versed I will be when I encounter these types of people.

#286986 - 11/30/07 12:25 AM Re: Missionaries [Re: hellbent666]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: hellbent666
I think that there is only one true form of Satanism but that doesn't mean that others don't hold different opinions. [...] I don't lend credibility to any of these spin offs but they do exist is all I'm saying.

Sure, there are lots of weirdos that exist. I don't care if they call themselves "Satan Worshippers", "Devil Worshippers", "Demonologists", "Setians", "Beelzebub Buddies" or whatever. They just have no business calling themselves "Satanists". As others have mentioned, the Church of Satan is the first known group in history to identify as "Satanists", with a religion called "Satanism". But more importantly, it's a religoin that actually has applications beyond Saturday night psychodrama like "black masses". The bottom line is that we got dibs on the name.

I'd like to point out that this isn't the same thing as Catholics who claim that Protestants aren't "real Christians" and what not. Different sects of the same religion still follow the same deity structure and use the same canon, just emphasizing some parts over others. This isn't the case here. Here's an article I wrote on the subject:
http://www.satannet.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=5&Number=174793

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#287001 - 11/30/07 03:56 AM Re: Missionaries [Re: TheDegenerate]
Fueld by Fire Offline

Maybey, maybey not. I know it wouldn't be a fantastic shot to the aftermath of the night I decided to do a BnE on some fools house.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12113 Members
73 Forums
43870 Topics
405534 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements